PDA

View Full Version : blah

Daveroo
June 11th, 2012, 15:31
i turn 50 on july 6th,i was feeling pretty good about life the past few weeks,and today,first my dad asked,when are your magazine subscriptions due?..( he pays for them for my birthday ( air forces ,and military machines) and christmas ( air international),but he gives me the money and i put it on my CC and take care of it,he was relentless aboout it,in ten minutes he yelled at me atleast 20 times to look it up,,,i was on the phone with a friend at the time,go off the phone,looked it up and told him,emailed him and he then got mad because i still have 4 issues left on 2 and 9 on one...like its my fault....then mom says to me,,,,ya know...im not buying you any toys for your birthday....i looked at her and said "huh?"...she said..those stupid azz'd airplanes you have....shes refering to my diecast collection...BTW which she tried to give to my 7 year old great nephew last friday night...i have over 100 1/72 planes,150 1/18th cars,50 or so 1/32nd tanks.and norscott tractors in 1/50............toys.....TOYS......my gawd......she says im a horder and they all need to go...i should just toss em all..and watch tv all day like normal people.......i told her imma put her in a old folks home she dont knock it off.........:icon_eek:

ok im done venting....still feel like hell...but ill live i guess......

Roadburner440
June 11th, 2012, 15:48
Need to tell her there is nothing wrong with die-cast cars and planes! I had at least 100 before I joined the military. Then with no room in the barracks for them they all went to my brothers. I still wish I had the cars back (they destroyed all of them through various means). Guess that is why I have so many planes for FSX. To make that up, but at least they don't take up much physical space. Just cost me tons of dollars in hard drive space..... I think that is a lot of what is wrong with people. All they do is sit in front of the TV all day, and don't have any hobbies like I remember when I was a kid. Ask a teenager today about building plastic models and they literally have no idea what you are talking about usually, and I'm not even that old. Is amazing how much things change in such a short time span.

aircav1970
June 11th, 2012, 16:09
Daveroo,gotta tell your folks "not a chance" on giving your collectable stuff to the kids,they'll just destroy them by burning em or blowin' em up with fireworks or some other form of multilation! Hell,I'm 60 and I still collect both cars and planes....and I got a playstation 3 too! You are not alone!:wavey:

johnh_049
June 11th, 2012, 16:52
Tell Mom that she needs to spend less time watching the "reality" shows about "hoarding", and get another hobby.
:isadizzy:

Daveroo
June 11th, 2012, 17:00
thanks guys....sometimes ya just got to vent......

cheezyflier
June 12th, 2012, 13:28
just a guess, but i'd bet that there is something else bugging them, and they don't know/want to vocalize it specifically. it might not even be about you. not that it makes it any easier to deal with.
aaahhhhh the joys of family life, eh? :isadizzy:

hey, being a ductman, i can understand when you say you need to vent. allow me to hook you right up

http://rvtravel.com/blog/rvnow/uploaded_images/floor-vent-2b-785524.jpg