PDA

View Full Version : Bad turbulance on final

dandog
June 10th, 2012, 18:19
Hello All,

When ever I land at KRAL RWY 27, I get some really bad turbulance on final. Is It a weirdness in my install, or is it a Microsoft thing. It doesn't change even if I change the weather settings. It's important to me because I am taking my lessons from KRAL. Can someone check? I would truly appreciate it.

Daniel

Milton Shupe
June 10th, 2012, 18:34
Have you tried clearing weather?

I tested it without clearing wx, zero winds, but I had a bit of turbulance crosswinds and downdrafts until I cleared wx.

Meshman
June 10th, 2012, 18:57
There are FOUR thermals sitting around KRAL, with your fun one sitting somewhere around Arlington and Adams. There is an option under the Weather tab in the Settings page that will give a schematic display of them. Now I know why things were always so windy in Jurupa Valley...

You can turn off the effects, but that influences thermal and turbulence. I *think* thermals can be excluded, seeing as they are a "scenery object", so to speak.

BTW, there's a nicely done rendition of Flabob available. The kid also did Redlands, amongst his releases. Should be in the library here (?) or at Avsim.

Tako_Kichi
June 10th, 2012, 19:04
If you don't want to see the green 'corkscrew' icons for the thermals you can select 'natural' (I think it is called that...been a while since I last changed my settings for thermals) and then you get eagles circling in the thermals instead. That's the option I keep on and and then when I see eagles flying around I know I am in for a bumpy ride.

bstolle
June 10th, 2012, 21:07
You can disable the turbulence at KRAL (and on the whole planet) by going into the menu options > settings > display > weather and check the 'disable turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft' tick box.