PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM entering DCS World

Phantom88
June 10th, 2012, 16:31
It looks like another High Quality FSX Developer will be joining IRIS in developing aircraft for DCS.
From Ronald Zambrano on RAZBAM Facebook page.......

"Hey guys, we just got a DCS developer´s license, which means, we´ll create stuff for the DCS world as well...so here is the question..what RAZBAM add on you would like to see in DCS? hint..the Harrier will be in DCS (imagine a GR7 or 9 in DCS? it will happen) but not any time soon
http://www.facebook.com/groups/114149571850/

strykerpsg
June 10th, 2012, 16:35
Outstanding news! With their specialty in naval aviation, I foresee much Fleet Defender replication...exciting news indeed.

Now, if only Milviz would jump in, Cold War and modern combat aviaition would be well represented.

heywooood
June 10th, 2012, 20:58
Well...a Razbam F-4 Phantom would be awesome to counter the Mig-21
but since Ron seems to be asking which existing Razbam plane we'd like to see
- I guess the A-4 makes sense.
It would be helpful to have a nice big US carrier group in DCS
to go with it though.

expat
June 10th, 2012, 23:52
What is DCS?

Phantom88
June 11th, 2012, 02:41
What is DCS?

Digital Combat Simulator
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/?lang=en

Francois
June 11th, 2012, 03:41
Phantom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

Stickshaker
June 11th, 2012, 08:25
I do like the Phantom and of course the F/A-18, but I’ll assume they will come anyway. So I vote for the Crusader. If Ron was indeed referring to an existing FSX plane: the Intruder.

LUCE1
June 11th, 2012, 09:39
Before raising a chorus of glory, we must think a little about what you buy and what you lose with DCS, which also is a great combat simulator.

SDK
===
Exists and is distributed by a DCS Software Development Kit for "third parties" developers, so that you can build add-ons (or MOD as they call them) ?

The answer seems to be "yes and no", a not yet verified rumor say "it will be", presently developers can get informations from DCS system using a well know "lua" scripting language; admittely i do not have detailed informations.

MULTIPLAYER
===========
- DCS has a good multiplayer that is "smooth" and lighter without too much loss of FPS?
- How the bandwidth needed (KB x player)
- What is the architecture of the MP ? A pure server-client or is a hybrid as that of FSX that needs to have at least one player running on the same PC ?

DCS requires a lot of resources, in single player you need an high-end HW to run it smoothly, most likely in MP the situation is even worst.
Reading their forum it seems that bandwidth resources are high especially with complex sceneries with a lot of playing ground, AI objects: session of more than 4 players seems quite difficult.
The server architecture is hybrid, this cuts away all virtual servers and most of dedicated server unless use expensive solutions.

FDE and dynamics
=================================
It is possible change the dynamics of flight and the physics engine to obtain different dynamic behaviors?
It seems quite difficult right now, dynamics are quite closed and generalized, aside models developed by DCS itself

SCENERIES
=======
It is possible to construct scenarios with realistic 3D objects and photoreal maps ?
Sceneries can be photoreal but available sceneries are closed.

I DO NOT CLAIM ALL INFORMATIONS ABOVE ARE COMPLETELY CORRECT, IF SOMEONE HAS MORE EXACT INFO THEY ARE WELCOME.

Phantom88
June 12th, 2012, 02:56
What is DCS? From Producer Matt Wagner.....

"DCS stands for “Digital Combat Simulator”. DCS is a world simulation engine permitting the user to operate or direct a growing number of combat and civilian aircraft, ground vehicles and ships, from different historical eras and in different geographical locations. It is a true "sand box" simulation. DCS started with the Ka-50 and A-10C, but has recently grown to also include the P-51D Mustang and, with Combined Arms, a ground command and control tactical warfare component. Future products from The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics in the DCS line are in development and will include third party products for the first time.

The overall "simulation operating system" is termed DCS World and is a free program that includes a free Su-25T for the player to fly. All DCS products will plug into DCS World as unique modules within the same software installation. DCS products will not be limited to aircraft, but will include maps, missions, campaigns, environment objects, weapons, vehicles and ships. We even hope to look into a train simulation component in the future!"

Third party products to DCS are supported by ED and there are already several qualified 3rd party teams creating new aircraft that will plug into DCS World. In these cases we leave it up to the developer to decide the level of systems fidelity, but we do expect certain "DCS Standards" to be maintained such as detailed and accurate models and cockpits, mouse clickable cockpit controls, and 6 DOF view control. Third parties are provided access to our Standard Flight Model (SFM), which ED can assist to adjust and improve to suit the requirements. Given the extremely complex nature of our Advanced Flight Model (AFM) in DCS we are currently unable to provide a SDK for 3rd party use. However, 3rd parties are also invited to offer their own Flight Models should it prove to be satisfactory.

In parallel, we are also developing Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3), which will also work within DCS World. However, Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat to be present on your computer. FC3 will probably be the last version of this critically acclaimed product line".

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89885

Francois
June 12th, 2012, 03:01
Not so much a thread for the FSX Forum though.......... ;-)

Maybe we need a DCS forum soon!? It is great that we're getting more new sims added lately!

Navy Chief
June 12th, 2012, 03:36
The overall "simulation operating system" is termed DCS World and is a free program that includes a free Su-25T for the player to fly.

Ok, I went to the DCS site. There are several aircraft one can purchase for download, etc..., but where do I download the "free" simulation operating system that the addon aircraft work with?

Thanks.

NC

Francois
June 12th, 2012, 08:18
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en

They're on the Mustang download page....... but I don't think you can do anything with them without one of the aircraft and their associated DCS:World module ;-)