PDA

View Full Version : fixed my fire/police scanner,is a cappyhamper now

Daveroo
June 10th, 2012, 13:51
hi yall,,my dad and i took down my antenna system and wiring,cleaned the connections,the mount,got anyand all corrosive looking stuff off,like the clamps from the antenna to the pole,the wires themselves,to the trailer,,i have a LNB (one of the half turn post connectors) like on top of a scanner for the short black antenna ,its mounted right to the outside of the RV just above the bumper,i have a blank/closed cap to protect it when traveling,and a portable antenna and post that fast mounts to my ladder with a discone antenna,then inside the wall is a 20 foot cable fixed to the wall and i can move the scanner from the desk to my chair,,,problem is the power,,hard t get to the plug in..but whats cool,,,i have a good 2 battery system and i installed a 12volt cig lighter power thingy near my desk,from an overhead lamp..so in a storm when the power goes out..i plug into either that one,or near the tv and can listen still...the outside antenna is mounted atp a 35ft pole,measured today to be certin,and it has the large 7 post discone antenna from RS,the top post was loose,,tightened it up good,,and im in auburn,,35-40 miles east of sacramento cal,i can hear calfire in shasta this morning,and caliavarus ,as well as morgan hill,which is near san jose ,below san fransico,,so im hearing things well over 150 miles away..fire/aircraft..i dont much listen to cops..they make me nervous...lol.....

there was an EAA gathering at the yuba county airport this weekend ( i was supposed to go yesterday,but moms not well)and i couldnt hear a thing yesterday,today,i could hear the ground ops,while they were parking aircraft this morning and moving aircraft around.what made me take notice it as time to do something,,,i noticed i hadnt heard anything on the radio from McClellan lately,so i used my Iphone app,and listened to sacramento metro,and couldnt hear on my scanner but was getting traffic on the iphone,,,i get it clear as a bell on both now..its as claer as if it was on the net...