PDA

View Full Version : F-86 Landing Lights

rdaniell
June 10th, 2012, 10:24
Below are two screenshots of the Section 8 F-86. One from FS9 and one from FSX. My question for Outhouse Tweakers is: Is there anyway to lessen the intensity of the landing lights on the FSX updated version? The FS9 version looks more realistic. Also, I checked Piglet's Bronco for FSX and it has much more realistic looking landing lights. I've tried swapping fx effect files but NO JOY. Must be something coded in the model itself. The first screenshot is from FS9 and the second is from FSX. Thanks.

RD

skyblazer3
June 10th, 2012, 12:02
Correct, this is a model problem; nothing that can be done for it.

rdaniell
June 10th, 2012, 12:36
Correct, this is a model problem; nothing that can be done for it.

Thanks. Looks like when I fly this baby at night, I'll just continue to take-off and land without landing lights.

RD

delta_lima
June 11th, 2012, 08:23
Thanks for raising this question, RD - Like you, I had always compensated by simply not running the landing lights at night - but remained curious about it being fixable. Now I know ...

cheers,

DL

rdaniell
June 11th, 2012, 10:58
Thanks for raising this question, RD - Like you, I had always compensated by simply not running the landing lights at night - but remained curious about it being fixable. Now I know ...cheers, DL

Hey DL, a little side story about real life flying at night. Back in 2008, a friend bought a Cessna 140 that he allowed me to fly whenever I wanted. I still fly it occasionally. Anyway, when he first got it the landing light was not set correctly. It would shine out across the cowling from the left wing and over to the far right side of the runway. Not of much use. So when either of us flew it at night, we just didn't bother to turn on the landing light. Later when he got the light adjusted properly, I just continued to leave it off as I was comfortable taking off and landing without it.

RD

delta_lima
June 11th, 2012, 13:34
Good story! Moonlight and ambient light are your friend, then!

I confess that every time I configure my controller assignments after an FSX reinstall, and I see all those direction/pan landing lights controls .... never bothered with them!

DL

rdaniell
June 11th, 2012, 14:04
Good story! Moonlight and ambient light are your friend, then!....DL

LOL...Yes DL, Moonlight and ambient light are definitely your friend....:icon_lol:

RD