PDA

View Full Version : CV-6 USS Enterprise - now on shakedown cruise

N332DW
December 28th, 2008, 11:31
a minor nocrash attachpt was found and corrected , cables work in SP and Multiplayer for those with Acceleration -pretty stable water dynamics tested at full realism , top speed 25 kts. hangar deck textured and hardened , screws animated as ambient (but they're under water?) - deck lighting , smoke and night textures - custom wake effect - just needs the railing re-worked in low poly (removed for sea trials) , to get under the dang vertex limit -

based largely on her 1942 configuration for the historians out there - artistic license taken by freeware developer
... soon for me means under a week

PRB
December 28th, 2008, 11:46
Awesome! Looking forward to Hellcat carrier quals!

CG_1976
December 28th, 2008, 11:49
Excellent and beautiful.:ernae::applause::applause:

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2008, 11:49
:redfire::redfire::redfire:

Boomer
December 28th, 2008, 12:18
:applause::applause::applause:

MudMarine
December 28th, 2008, 12:26
Nice!!:jump::applause:

Warrant
December 28th, 2008, 12:51
Excellent job there, can't wait :medals::medals::medals:

Wings of Gold
December 28th, 2008, 13:02
Is it possible to use it as a static model?

crashaz
December 28th, 2008, 13:05
Excellent!

Ya know I think if you convert the rails to Poly you can kill off a lot of the vertices while keeping the structure of the rails intact?

N332DW
December 28th, 2008, 14:42
... being a pilotable model - yes it is possible to convert this to either AI boat traffic or a scenery bgl or even add your own VC aka interior model

jimjones
December 28th, 2008, 15:50
Really fine looking work. :jump:

fliger747
December 28th, 2008, 16:42
Is 25 knots a boat limit in FSX? Should be able to get about 32 knots out of her on a good day in a steady (fairly flat) sea state.

Cheers: T.

NCGent
December 28th, 2008, 17:14
:ernae::applause::applause::applause:That is nice.

michael davies
December 29th, 2008, 02:40
Is 25 knots a boat limit in FSX? Should be able to get about 32 knots out of her on a good day in a steady (fairly flat) sea state.

Cheers: T.

Yes, essentially its an AI aircraft on water and FSx limits AI taxi speed to about 25Knts, its not fast enough for flank speed but.....it moves and that sort of out weights the lack of true speed :).

Thats my understnading anyway, I could never get the Essex or Reagan to travel at more than 25Knts either.

Best

Michael

michael davies
December 29th, 2008, 02:43
a minor nocrash attachpt was found and corrected , cables work in SP and Multiplayer for those with Acceleration -pretty stable water dynamics tested at full realism , top speed 25 kts. hangar deck textured and hardened , screws animated as ambient (but they're under water?) - deck lighting , smoke and night textures - custom wake effect - just needs the railing re-worked in low poly (removed for sea trials) , to get under the dang vertex limit -

based largely on her 1942 configuration for the historians out there - artistic license taken by freeware developer
... soon for me means under a week

Looking good, personally I'd keep the 3d railings at the expense of poly count, truth is they dont amount to more than say 500 or so polys, and you might save 0.5 FPS by converting to transparent polys with painted railings. The biggest problem with the latter is that the shadow becomes a solid block and not a see through railing effect.

Best

Michael

GT182
December 29th, 2008, 06:31
That's sweet N332DW. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

Stickshaker
December 29th, 2008, 07:46
Excellent news! Thank you for your hard work. Now I know what to do with that new Hellcat...

MorrisTheCat
December 29th, 2008, 15:22
N332DW,

Were you planning on a scenery only version? I'm currently working on a WWII Navy/Marine South Pacific scenery and having such a wonderfull aircraft carrier which could be moveable as either a simobject or static display would be great!

Awsome modeling job,

Regards,

MoCat

P-12C
December 29th, 2008, 20:12
Yes, essentially its an AI aircraft on water and FSx limits AI taxi speed to about 25Knts, its not fast enough for flank speed but.....it moves and that sort of out weights the lack of true speed :).

Thats my understnading anyway, I could never get the Essex or Reagan to travel at more than 25Knts either.

Best

Michael

If you drive the ship as an AI boat, you should be able to go significantly faster than 25 knots. In FSX Acceleration I have the ocean racers doing about 90 and the Ekranoplan is moving along at a very high rate of speed. Those examples are when running the AI in a mission, so maybe it's different outside of a mission for some reason, but I don't think so considering the same sim.cfg is being used.

michael davies
December 30th, 2008, 02:03
If you drive the ship as an AI boat, you should be able to go significantly faster than 25 knots. In FSX Acceleration I have the ocean racers doing about 90 and the Ekranoplan is moving along at a very high rate of speed. Those examples are when running the AI in a mission, so maybe it's different outside of a mission for some reason, but I don't think so considering the same sim.cfg is being used.

Paul, thanks for that, I've relooked at the files and although I have the ship.cfg set to 50mph and the Boatnnn.txt set to 35knts it still chugs around at 25knts ?, I still think its seeing it as a AI aircraft as when it gets to a turn it slows to about 7-12knts, executes the turn then speeds back up to 25knts ?.

These speeds are outside of a mission and are just moving landable carriers, as 1st person driveable then they can go much faster if required.

Best

Michael

N332DW
December 30th, 2008, 10:11
wings of gold / morris the cat : - i'll be releasing it as a 1st person drivable and do plan on tweaking the top speed for 32 knots but ..

a scenery can be made by using the MDL with an XML placement file and then use BGLCOMP.exe to make a scenery BGL

an AI BOAT can be made by removing the panel folder, airfile and removing/replacing the sound folder and then replacing the aircraft.cfg file with a sim.cfg file

almost done - bf