PDA

View Full Version : A2A Accusim Core Update 1.4 out...For Spitfire, P40, P51

pilottj
June 8th, 2012, 08:50
Hey guys,
Core update 1.4 is out. This applies to the Spitfire, P-40, and P-51. Along with bug fixes, you can now remove your pilot from the Spitfire and P-40. You also now get engine 'pinging' sounds while they cool down in the Spit and P-40. :jump: Thank you A2A for your team's excellent work as always.:salute::icon29:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30279

res non verba
June 8th, 2012, 10:28
thanks for the heads up!

:ernae:

mohawk3
June 8th, 2012, 10:47
Great news, many thanks!
Thank you, A2A!!!

skyhawka4m
June 8th, 2012, 10:58
do you have to have the accu-sim package with these aircraft or just the aircraft?

mohawk3
June 8th, 2012, 11:25
Every A2A accu-simmed aircraft have his own accu-sim pack wich, of course, must be separately bought .

pilottj
June 8th, 2012, 12:34
do you have to have the accu-sim package with these aircraft or just the aircraft?

I believe you have to have the Accusim packs for these airplanes installed for the update to work. The Spitfire, P-40, and P-51 accusim modules share some common coding/features, thus can all be updated through one core update.

Cheers
TJ

Blade124
June 8th, 2012, 14:43

You only need the core update if you have at least one Accu-Simmed aircraft. The installer looks for Accu-Sim files for the Spitfire, P-40, and P-51 and updates the files necessary. In the case of the Spitfire, we copy the aircraft.cfg to the FSX / A2A / Spitfire / Backup directory in the event you have added paints. You can then just copy all your paints back in one shot.

Scott.

skyhawka4m
June 8th, 2012, 20:27
ok....guess I don't get the goodies......I never went to accusim the P-47 or P-40 as I am just flying for fun and don't need more complex issues.

P38man
June 8th, 2012, 20:39
ok....guess I don't get the goodies......I never went to accusim the P-47 or P-40 as I am just flying for fun and don't need more complex issues.

I am flying for fun too.

The immersiveness of accusim makes it even more fun.

Doesn't take long at all to learn how to do the basics - not at all.

Only takes a long-time to them well and know the best thing to do in every situation - you don't have to go that far if you don't want to or just let that happen organically over time.

Don't need to be perfect at all at the beginning to enjoy accusim.

Try one!

GypsyBaron
June 8th, 2012, 23:17

Accu-Sim can be toggled ON/OFF via a button on one of the 2D menus so one can
have the best of both worlds, depending upon time and inclination.

Personally, I pretty much fly only Accu-Sim (ON) aircraft these days. TrackIR
and Accu-Sim have 'spoiled' me for any other options! :)

Paul

YoYo
June 8th, 2012, 23:31
Thx A2A, my friend ! :salute:

JIMJAM
June 9th, 2012, 07:28
I was totally burned out on FSX and turned back to 1st person shooters,adventure games for excitement,challenge. Then A2A started the whole accusim treatment. Going from point A to B was no longer fun but now having to fly and babysit the engine gave my mind something to do other than watch the fps counter and autogen.
The P-51 to me is almost to tame compared to the others. I am yet to blow a engine and only a few takeoff incidents. The progression from the unforgiving Spitfire, Hog and others has trained me well.

But now its time for some old school jets! I am so looking forward to challenges of the F-4,F-104................:isadizzy:

Akatsuki
June 9th, 2012, 08:01
But now its time for some old school jets! I am so looking forward to challenges of the F-4,F-104................:isadizzy:

Oh yes, can't wait to get my hands on these, even if i really enjoy the P-51 i'm awaiting those jets.

UnknownGuest12
June 12th, 2012, 06:44
Accu-Sim can be toggled ON/OFF via a button on one of the 2D menus so one can
have the best of both worlds, depending upon time and inclination.

Personally, I pretty much fly only Accu-Sim (ON) aircraft these days. TrackIR
and Accu-Sim have 'spoiled' me for any other options! :)

Paul

Is this real? Can you turn it on and off? Just like Skyhawka4m have no need for accusim, just want to fly around...never bought one of the accu.sim.
But Iīm very tempted to buy spit and P-51. Never did because I donīt know if, without accu I'll be loosing graphics quality.

Regards

JAllen
June 12th, 2012, 08:28
Yes Beaufighter, you can turn Accusim ON/OFF. For real.

I am all for Accusim and can't say enough about it. For me, just flying around sightseeing or navigating from A to B is great stuff in any aircraft. But, in a warbird, give me more of what a young man in 1940 to 45 had to work with. I can't get there in a real P-51 so a fascinating Accusim aircraft in FSX has to do it.

Everybody seeks some level of realism in flight simulation and nothing but A2A Accusim delivers more. More than so many can handle. That's where the OFF switch comes in. -Jim

PS., I have not noticed any graphic losses at all. Just gains in aircaft ops and immersion.

pilottj
June 12th, 2012, 09:14
Accusim doesn't make the aircraft particularly more difficult to fly, it just means there are consequences if you treat the aircraft poorly or push it beyond it's limits. For example, you can overheat the engine if you are not careful, but again that is only likely to happen if you are careless and are flying the aircraft on the on the edges of the performance envelope. Activites like sight seeing can be very much enjoyed even with Accusim. The P-40 for example is an excellent sight seeing machine.

I have had the P-40 with Accusim since released and have not overhead the engine once. I came close once because I stupidly forgot to open the cowl flaps before takeoff...the warning light came on, I immediately opened the flaps, reduced power, lowered the nose, and then the engine cooled down. I inspected the engine after landing and there was no damage. Matter of fact with the core updates, the cooling system is even more efficient, for example in the P-40, you can maintain max climb power while in a Vx climb.

Cheers
TJ

AndyE1976
June 12th, 2012, 10:21
Couldn't agree more, I've just finished a circuit of the NZ south island in the P-51 with Acusim and apart from waiting a bit for the oil to warm up there was nothing about acusim that prevented that from being fun or easily accomplished in the limited time available.

The Spitfire is even better because you can taxi that under idle power while the engine warms up, but it doesn't like sitting on the ground too long so you have no choice but to get airborne!

Acusim just brings that bit of life to the planes, you know that every part is modelled properly, but that doesn't mean that you need to spend hours pre-flighting it before take-off or even hours learning how to operate it (maybe with the B377), the spit and the P-51 only take a quick flick through the manual before you have the basics mastered and that is enough to keep you out of trouble to start with.

I fly almost exclusively in Acusimmed aircraft now and conversely have rarely touched the PMDG birds because of the required pre-flight prep.