PDA

View Full Version : VRS Simulations TACPACK

Navy Chief
June 8th, 2012, 03:17
I occasionally check the forums at VRS Simulations, about the release of TACPACK. I prepaid for the software in Feb. 2011.

From what I can discern from the posts, they are going to release a "beta" before the final product? Timeframe for that is still not known. Folks on the forum are placing "bets" as to the date. :icon_lol:

I'm sure that TACPACK will be everything they promise it will be....but I will never again "pre-pay" for anything...that's for sure.:angryfir:

NC

Warhawk1130
June 8th, 2012, 03:28
I occasionally check the forums at VRS Simulations, about the release of TACPACK. I prepaid for the software in Feb. 2011.

From what I can discern from the posts, they are going to release a "beta" before the final product? Timeframe for that is still not known. Folks on the forum are placing "bets" as to the date. :icon_lol:

I'm sure that TACPACK will be everything they promise it will be....but I will never again "pre-pay" for anything...that's for sure.:angryfir:

NC

After accepting the pre-pay, and then finding some issues, they also stated they will never offer anything like that again. I am content in waiting...thats the risk you take when you pre=pay for anything. I am sure we will not be waiting too much longer.

Warhawk1130
June 8th, 2012, 03:30
Also...dang, Pete...I rushed in to look at this thread hoping to see "ITS OUT!!!!" thanks for dashing my hopes....LOL

airattackimages
June 8th, 2012, 07:01
I think it was a little wreckless that they opened up pre-payment on something that was nowhere near being finished. I understand they want to bankroll the project itself, but still, there should have at least been a light at the end of the tunnel before they started accepting people's money...

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not one of the tortured souls that put their cash out there and is still getting chewed out for asking when they'll see something of it. I didn't even pay any money and I'm so sick of it I quit paying attention. One of these days you'll all be saying the Tac Pack came out a month ago and I'll be saying, oh. So what.

idahosurge
June 8th, 2012, 08:54
VRS admits that it was a mistake. They will also refund anyone's prepaid money who emails a request for a refund.

I prepaid, but I did so at the last minute this February, just before the prepay option expired.