PDA

View Full Version : Yoke vs Joystick?

LTCSZ
December 28th, 2008, 08:36
OK, I promise this will be my last controller question for FSX! I am about "that far" from purchasing a flight yoke/throttle combination...My question is; Will I really see a difference in my flying? (Not that it could improve my piloting skills, just my control!)...I do pretty good with my current joystick, but, as I do almost 100% GA flying (no combat type stuff) would the yoke make a pleasurable and noticeable difference in control? Thanks for your opinions!

Steve in Kansas

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 08:43
A yoke will be more realistic for the majority of GA aircraft and will have the added advantage that by adding more throttle quads to whichever yoke you get, you can control more engines. Right now I have three 3-lever quads with my Saitek yoke, so that's either a four engine aircraft with two spares, gear, flaps and spoilers or a two engine piston aircraft with two throttles, two pitches, two mixtures, gear, flaps and spoilers.

I keep both a stick and yoke handy, depending on what I'm flying.

Ian P.

Pepere
December 28th, 2008, 08:43
I think if it is a good yoke it will help. Makes it feel more like you are doing the right thing.

David :kilroy:

fliger747
December 28th, 2008, 10:06
A question of taste... The real 747-400 that I fly has a wheel, in the sim I prefer to fly it with a stick....

Cheers: T.

Navy Chief
December 28th, 2008, 10:57
I have a CH Yoke, but only use it about once a year.........

NC