PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-51D Gun Bay Detail

THibben
June 7th, 2012, 18:14
According to the instructions you use the Wing Fold key to open the gun bay. I can not find any Wing Fold key in FSX. I do have FSX Acceleration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Hibben

Bomber_12th
June 7th, 2012, 18:22
Hi Tom, you will need to assign a key to the function via the FSX controls menu. The Wing Fold function is found near the very bottom of the list of controls. I have it assigned on my end as being Ctrl+Shift+W.

I connected the animation of the gun bay to the wing fold so that you can't be flying along with the gun bay open, or be opening the gun bay in flight.

THibben
June 7th, 2012, 19:09
Hi Tom, you will need to assign a key to the function via the FSX controls menu. The Wing Fold function is found near the very bottom of the list of controls. I have it assigned on my end as being Ctrl+Shift+W.

I connected the animation of the gun bay to the wing fold so that you can't be flying along with the gun bay open, or be opening the gun bay in flight.

Hi John,

I have searched my keyboard commands several times and I can find no Wing Fold function. The last entry under Control Surfaces is Water Rudder. Do you know if their is a way to add a function? I have been searching Google and every ref I can find with no luck. Could this have been deleted in some way? I have checked all categories of commands.

Thanks,

Tom

I think I have just found how to add the function.

Hi John,

I found the Wing Fold Function and added the Ctrl+Shft+W but it doesn't seem to work. Chocks are set.

Tom

Bomber_12th
June 8th, 2012, 06:11
Tom, is this either the "Restored Part 1" or "Restored Part 2" products? If so, those didn't have gun bays with them, though "Little Friends I", "Little Friends II", and both of the "Then and Now" sets do.

If you have one of the later sets that should have the gun bay working, you can also simply assign the key function to one button on your joystick controller, or to one key on the keyboard if it is easier to ensure that the key function is being done.

THibben
June 8th, 2012, 07:21
Tom, is this either the "Restored Part 1" or "Restored Part 2" products? If so, those didn't have gun bays with them, though "Little Friends I", "Little Friends II", and both of the "Then and Now" sets do.

If you have one of the later sets that should have the gun bay working, you can also simply assign the key function to one button on your joystick controller, or to one key on the keyboard if it is easier to ensure that the key function is being done.

These are the "Then & Now" planes.

Tom

Bomber_12th
June 8th, 2012, 08:20
Tom, then it will work as long as you have a key assigned to the wing fold function (no matter if the parking brake is set or not).

This is what you will want to see in the controls menu, highlighted, but the key you assign to it can be anything you desire it to be:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/menu.jpg

THibben
June 8th, 2012, 08:54
Hi John,

My Controls-Settings look exactly like that. Is there a particular view you are supposed to be in? With Twilight Tear installed the gun detail is not visible in any exterior EZDOK views or a view from the cockpit looking at the LH or RH wings.

Tom

Bomber_12th
June 8th, 2012, 09:23
Tom, in any view, either external or internal, it doesn't matter, as it is present no matter where you are in relation to the aircraft. The animation also isn't immediate, with the gun door handles unlocking, the forward gun door rotating up, and the rest of the animations playing out in order. The only gun bay that opens is on the left (though the external wing on the right has been detailed just the same to look as if it could as well).

Unfortunately, there isn't much more I can think to tell you/help with, since as long as the function is connected to a key, and that key is being pressed (with the aircraft on the ground - not paused or in slew), there is no other reason why the animation shouldn't work. It might help if the assigned key didn't have as many keys that would need to be pressed at the same time perhaps.

Edit: One last thing, be sure that this is present still at the bottom of the Aircraft.cfg file (incase it has been modified):

[folding_wings]
wing_fold_system_type=4 // Available
fold_rates = 0.12,0.12 // Left,Right: 1/sec

And please let me know what your experiences are after going through with this above. I really want you to be having the best experience with the aircraft/product as you should!

THibben
June 8th, 2012, 15:47
Tom, in any view, either external or internal, it doesn't matter, as it is present no matter where you are in relation to the aircraft. The animation also isn't immediate, with the gun door handles unlocking, the forward gun door rotating up, and the rest of the animations playing out in order. The only gun bay that opens is on the left (though the external wing on the right has been detailed just the same to look as if it could as well).

Unfortunately, there isn't much more I can think to tell you/help with, since as long as the function is connected to a key, and that key is being pressed (with the aircraft on the ground - not paused or in slew), there is no other reason why the animation shouldn't work. It might help if the assigned key didn't have as many keys that would need to be pressed at the same time perhaps.

Edit: One last thing, be sure that this is present still at the bottom of the Aircraft.cfg file (incase it has been modified):

[folding_wings]
wing_fold_system_type=4 // Available
fold_rates = 0.12,0.12 // Left,Right: 1/sec

And please let me know what your experiences are after going through with this above. I really want you to be having the best experience with the aircraft/product as you should!

Hi John,

The folding_wings is in all four aircraft.cfg files and is identical to what you sent. The only thing, it is not at the bottom of the .cfg. There is an EZDOK camera at the bottom. I wouldn't think this would cause a problem.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

BigTool4U
June 8th, 2012, 19:31
"Wings fold/unfold" is in the "System" subsection.