PDA

View Full Version : Dx10ers...how about this?

Roger
June 7th, 2012, 09:59
Seen at the Avsim FsX forum http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376140-dx10-flashing-runways-experimental-shader/

full
June 7th, 2012, 10:25
I'll have to test this out, thanks Roger !

pbearsailor
June 7th, 2012, 11:17
Works for me from what I've seen after a quick test. Nice!!!

Thanks for the HU Roger, I would have missed it. :guinness:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Mach3DS
June 7th, 2012, 19:16
This works great for me! improved my FPS! Too bad ENB doesn't work with it, but I'll sacrifice for some smooth frames with my older system for now....just waiting for it to die...sigh....lol

I need good reason to purchase a new system for the wife, and "well dear there is this flight sim that I..." -- nope not going to work. :D

SirBenn21
June 7th, 2012, 20:13
I've totally abandened DX10 ages ago.

Does anyone else use it? :wiggle:

I think I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Ben

BigTool4U
June 7th, 2012, 23:03
On my system with the 7 x64 partition I get a big performance boost using DX10, while in DX9 it runs horribly.
Instead with the XP x86 partition it runs quite well in DX9, much better than on 7.

DX-FMJ
June 8th, 2012, 04:01
Problem for me is that nhancer won't work with dx10 mode, I can't handle jaggies :pop4:

and also, ENB not working is part of the deal breaker, nice to see someone fixed the flickering though.

RtrHd1
July 4th, 2012, 23:22
Great post,
I'm sure that resolution will help some (tweakers) out there but I would like to add my 2, very experienced, cents worth and food for thought for those that are too timid for tweaking.
I've been simming since the "Antique" days of FlightSim 2.0. and a "tweaker" since DOS 1.0 (way before DirectX was a thought) and so far, my personal experience with DX10 in FSX is that it's extremely fussy. By "fussy" I mean verbatim, it does not like ATI graphic cards in the slightest nor does it like WinXP very much.

I have never witnessed any abnormality with respect to the rendering of the runways that I frequent in FSX.... that is, not since I purchased a GeForce brand video card.
My system is nothing special and sort of droll actually:
Compaq dc7700p Small Form Factor (desktop) with vPro Technology / CPU: Intel Core2 @1.87 Ghz / Ram: 8 gigs DDR2 / video: GeForce 8800 GS 512 DDr2 / Windows7 Ultimate 64bit with DirectX 11.
The system has never been overclocked and my FSX with Acceleration is NOT bone stock. I have a lot of ORBX with REX Essential, Ultimate Traffic 2 plus a lot more. The average fps is 84 with ALL sliders maxed out and DX10 enabled. The lowest I've seen is 38 and that is well beyond what the human eyes register.

I used to be "Pro ATI" and a file tweaker but thanks to DX10, I have learned not to be either when it comes to FSX. I did not want to appear biased but I suppose I am. I have owned and used 9 different ATI's (progressively bigger and "badder") in my sim PC and they all have failed miserably when using DX10. When I finally decided to give the current GeForce card a try, I wanted to kick my butt for not having done it sooner. I could have kept some well earned grey hair that I pulled out trying to "figger out" my DX10 problems, not to mention the wasted cash.

I'm not going to tell everyone to go buy a GeForce and end your DX10 problems nor will I advocate file tweaking.
I will say that if you are a staunch XP fan, then stick with FS9 and just say no to DX10 and FSX.
If you can afford to upgrade, then Windows 7 (any version) will give you DX10 quality and FSX joy but for GOSH SAKES, stay away from ATI.
It seriously takes the fun out of "plug n' play" and "load n' go" unless you're a WOW online Fan, then it's a suitable card.

Cheer n Beers for all!

** Trivia note: Had Microsoft not rushed the developement of Vista out the door and into the buyers hands, it would have been released to us as "Longhorn" .

"A rose is as a Rose does and the southbound end of a northbound Hog will always stink!"... yep, that's my feelings about Vista.

Roger
July 7th, 2012, 12:29
Anyone tried the shader mod v2 in the latest page of this Avsim thread?

full
September 3rd, 2012, 12:34
Just came across shader 3.0 mod at Avsim file library, works a treat ! the shadows a nice and soft too.

It comes in a installer now which makes thing easy :)