PDA

View Full Version : Tilt Rotor Fishguard flight

gajit
December 28th, 2008, 01:30
Ok - so Wilco has not come back with an answer to my frame rate issue when i have the PFDs switched on but I am enjoying the tiltrotor. Is anyone else?

Here I am waiting for passengers to fly a new commercial route from fishguard to Cork.:guinness:

CG_1976
December 28th, 2008, 01:43
I must be lucky, my Coast Guard varient dont have frame trouble except around Tahiti. You give me a great flight idea although Cork is that in as Ireland?:ernae: From what I understand at Wilco a update is in the works. Is yours updated to V.1.1?

gajit
December 28th, 2008, 02:48
hi Trans

Yes 1.1.

post some shots of your flight if you can. I only got 1 passenger but she has nice long legs!

Cheers :friday:

Boomer
December 28th, 2008, 05:11
This one must be new to.

Screenshots look good, how is performance? My concern is with the FM. A tiltrotor FM that is believable hadn't been developed yet. How is this one?

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 05:47
A tiltrotor FM that is believable hadn't been developed yet. How is this one?

Have you flown Rob Barendrecht's gauges for the Alphasim Osprey and UKMIL/Iris Harriers? If so, then you know this one.

I gather from another thread that Rob is working on modifying it to improve the hover but, right now, it hovers at 0 knots, it goes forwards, backwards and side to side transitions to and from the hover to turn between normal aircraft flight and "helo mode".

I love it. :applause: YMMV.

Ian P.

Boomer
December 28th, 2008, 06:14
Have you flown Rob Barendrecht's gauges for the Alphasim Osprey and UKMIL/Iris Harriers? If so, then you know this one.

I gather from another thread that Rob is working on modifying it to improve the hover but, right now, it hovers at 0 knots, it goes forwards, backwards and side to side transitions to and from the hover to turn between normal aircraft flight and "helo mode".

I love it. :applause: YMMV.

Ian P.

No I havent but your recommendation is good enough for me.

Looks like it will be fun to use with FS Passengers.

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 06:55
I don't actually have this one (yet), but do have the Harrier and Osprey. I have (literally, ten seconds ago) been given permission to buy this one so will report back after installing and playing. :)

Ian P.

Boomer
December 28th, 2008, 07:08
Let me know what you think.

I intend to buy it this evening after I am done with the "honey dews".

chinookmark
December 28th, 2008, 09:05
Boomer,
I have the Alphasim Osprey, and when I got it, I was pretty let down. Yeah it looked cool, but the best it could do was fly really slow.

But then I found out about Rob Barendrecht's gauges, (which you can find at Avsim) and they transformed the Osprey into one of my favorite aircraft. It is now a very convincing tilt rotor. I have never flown the Wilco tiltrotor, but from what I understand they have very similar flight models.

IanP
December 28th, 2008, 10:50
OK. I just flew from... er... somewhere in Upstate New York to Manchester, New Hampshire in an Exec one. I have a few problems with it, like the autopilot doesn't behave properly in the VC (but there is a pop-up if you get desperate... ;)) but overall it's good fun. Yeah, I'll keep using it.

Ian P.

gajit
December 28th, 2008, 11:05
Hi Boomer - just to say that it really is a convincing flight model (forFSX!) Very good hover characteristics and smooth transition into forward flight. Its easy and from what i read about the real thing - its fly by wire so it should be.