PDA

View Full Version : Hot metal cooling

Lewis-A2A
June 4th, 2012, 05:51
We added some sneaky bits in with the mustang including the effect captured by this customer in the following video;
https://picasaweb.google.com/103434315314666949237/FS_Stuff#5749641585172681362

With the core update system this will be in the Spitfire and P-40 shortly with the next update.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Simulations

rwmarth
June 4th, 2012, 07:58
Awesome! Can't wait for this with the P-40. Even sitting with the engine off is quite the experience now

Barfly
June 4th, 2012, 08:35
Excellent! Question Lewis: is there a way to save time accrued on an Accusim aircraft; it seems everytime there is a core update, the engine and airframe are zeroed out.

G.

Daveroo
June 4th, 2012, 08:37
thats awesome...shame you cant make that for all the differant engines,,seperate packages and sell them as addon packs,,ever for others planes....like a generic sound..only more specific?..dunno...BUT..that was just awesome

Lewis-A2A
June 4th, 2012, 08:48
We are working on it Barfly for the next core update. Some kind of backup system to help preserve current time on the aircraft etc.

skyhawka4m
June 4th, 2012, 11:02
My only issue with the Mustang now is the sounds and prop animation. start up seems very sudden when it comes to the sounds......and the sound transitions between throttle adjustments seems a bit abrupt also...think those are the right words. Also....the prop wind down at shut down....can this be extended some?

TARPSBird
June 4th, 2012, 11:06
Those metallic noises would go well with jet engine tail pipes too.

Naismith
June 4th, 2012, 11:27
Video? All I got was a static photo of a cockpit.

Lewis-A2A
June 4th, 2012, 12:05
Naismith make sure your flash is up to date etc, its a standard video player akin to youtube so should load up fine. Its just a picassa layout of one of our customers who emailed us.

skyhawka4m its all dynamic and dynamically mixed in our sound engine, so depends on how you treat her.

Daveroo/TARPSBird ill have a look to see if its possible to add this sort of thing to accu-feel, but i'm not sure if the viables would be useable with a global enhancement like accu-feel.

Lewis-A2A
June 4th, 2012, 12:42
Heres a vid a customer posted on our facebook page of him getting to grips with his new Mustang. Its one of his first flights so its not completly by the book and a few mistakes where made. He noted that his startup for example meant that the hanger was already showing a worn starter motor that will need replacing sooner rather than later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06DMLls56M&feature=plcp

Naismith
June 4th, 2012, 15:33
That did the trick - seems I only updated it the other day too. :icon_lol:
Another interesting development from A2A. Such high quality stuff for so little outlay.

CHBTheDoctor
June 5th, 2012, 03:39
...got it while heating up the engine and was thinking "...may I broke something ?"