PDA

View Full Version : Simmer's Paint Shop is Closing

PutPut
June 2nd, 2012, 18:42
I have used color swatches from Simmer's Paint Shop for years and I know I am not the only user that resides at SOH.. I logged on to it this evening and was distressed to see that Serval is having to close it because of legal issues. It didn't say what is the last day but will be "soon". If you need anything from that site, better get it "soon"!!

Best, Paul

OleBoy
June 2nd, 2012, 19:25
This is sad news as I've frequented there for years.
Legalities? Sheite!!

Thanks for the info, Paul.

Cag40Navy
June 2nd, 2012, 19:27
Got it.

N2056
June 2nd, 2012, 19:46
Bummer! :frown:

stiz
June 2nd, 2012, 20:26
nnnnnnoooooooooooo! :icon_eek:

Lionheart
June 2nd, 2012, 21:42
Sorry to hear this. I learned ALOT from their tutorials.

Hard to believe they are going......

Bill

Barnes
June 2nd, 2012, 21:50
"nothing Great lasts for ever" - Thank you Simmers paint shop for everything over the years :salute:

roger-wilco-66
June 3rd, 2012, 01:47
That is very sad. Their Gimp / Photoshop tutorials are superb, they helped me many times in the past.
Someone mentioned they should convert to a private forum (with small member fees) to escape these legal hazzles, I hope they do that.

Mark

stansdds
June 3rd, 2012, 03:44
Plenty of good ideas for keeping it going are being tossed around. It seems that the problem revolves around the posting of copyrighted images. I hope they can remain a viable source of information.

Lewis-A2A
June 3rd, 2012, 04:00
No way :( ive used the site since it first opened and I even refer customers to it when it comes to the best place to learn how to repaint and texture.

Smashing Time
June 3rd, 2012, 06:09
I think we would not have had so many great paint jobs without the likes of Simmers Paintshop and their collection of tools for free. Sorry to see them go.

Cag40Navy
June 3rd, 2012, 10:49
Anyone think we have enough time to get all of the tuts and tools off of there and round them up before they close? It would be good to maybe put the tut;s on a PDF format?

OleBoy
June 3rd, 2012, 14:10
Anyone think we have enough time to get all of the tuts and tools off of there and round them up before they close? It would be good to maybe put the tut;s on a PDF format?

Let us know when you will be finished. :isadizzy:

roger-wilco-66
June 3rd, 2012, 23:00

Great idea. It would be a pity to see these tutorials and tools vanish. Maybe they could be hosted on fsdeveloper, or here.
I still can hardly believe this is happening.

Mark

UKMIL
June 4th, 2012, 00:38
I have offered to take the site from them, and host it. This is a site we cannot let close. If they agreed to it, I would simply close down the gallery, and stop picture uploading, to prevent the issued that were raised against copyright. THere is no need for this site to close, and main parts of it can be saved

Lewis-A2A
June 4th, 2012, 00:43
That would really be something special Gaffer, though the legal issues might run deeper if th entire site was going to be shut down?

UKMIL
June 4th, 2012, 00:45
I agree, but the main parts that need saving, are the tutorials, Fonts, colour swatches etc, will all can be transfered, without the copyright issues. I believe the main issue is the uploading of pictures on the gallery,and forum, all of which I can close down

Lewis-A2A
June 4th, 2012, 09:20
Gaffer can you keep us all in the loop if you are able to save the site/bits of it.

The community/forums where also the heart of the site, whilst it had been a while since i posted I know many people did post there questions and it was a very welcoming awesome artisitic community that they had created over there. The profile artists alone where digital masters!