PDA

View Full Version : DSB Hawk 200

Drzook
December 27th, 2008, 22:09
Hey all,
I got a question about this fun little bird. Just wondering if there was any way one could slave the autopilot to the GPS. I was thinking of putting the Mooney's nav/gps switch somewhere on the panel but if there's a better way to do it I'm all ears.
Got a couple of screenies showing my latest flight. Thought I would go from 08C to KSIK (Sikeston MO) for some 'throwed rolls' over at Lambert's Cafe. Took off, put it at full throttle and figured I'd be there in less than an hour. About halfway or so my HUD flashed 'BINGO' and I had to cut my flight short. Didn't realize this plane had such :censored: range. I supposed I should have throttled back at some point but I liked the idea of going 440 kts. Probably didn't help there was a wicked headwind either. Oh well, live and learn.
BTW, I cannot claim all the credit for the repaint--it's the DSB Goshawk skin just moved around so it would look OK on the Hawk. Not my best work by a long shot but it has more panache than the two-holer...:kilroy: