June 2nd, 2012, 07:51
will it hover?

Warhawk1130
June 2nd, 2012, 11:09
Oh yes

Lateral-G
June 2nd, 2012, 17:33
Oh yes....

Cool. Interesting to see how you solved that. Use of Rob B's gauges?

Warhawk1130
June 2nd, 2012, 18:00

I just do some publicity for Ron...but knowing the RAZBAM guys the way I do, I would have to say no to that. Suffice is to say I don't think RB would release it otherwise. We will just have to wait and see...

Cag40Navy
June 2nd, 2012, 19:28
No, Ron and crew have it down to a science in the model. Its pretty freakin neat.

strykerpsg
June 2nd, 2012, 20:43
Any chance of of an approximated release date? I'm asking because it looks mostly completed. This and Skunkworks model look absolutely fantastic! I'll have both in my hangar. Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

hschuit
June 2nd, 2012, 23:32
Nice work, I have one request: Can the modeller check the shape of the fin tip, looks just a bit narrow vs. the rudder and the real one has a little bulge on top. It is just a minor issue, please do not butcher me for being a rivet counter LOL.

cheers, Henk.

66772 66771

Prowler1111
June 3rd, 2012, 07:17

No use of RBīs gauges, itīs an in-house built module hard coded into the mesh in order for it to work.
Regarding the shape, will look into that, but itīs also a combination of the angle of the pic.For those more into checking details, there are a couple of antennas that are spanish version specific (and currently, thatīs a spanish Harrierīs exterior mesh) that will not be there in the USMC version or the Italian version.

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler1111
June 3rd, 2012, 07:18
will it hover?

Check the 2nd pic above your post, you should see the IA on top of it, that should answer your question

Prowler

Blade124
June 3rd, 2012, 08:03
Prowler,

Looking good, and a great aircraft choice for you guys.

Scott.

LUCE1
June 3rd, 2012, 09:45
No use of RBīs gauges, itīs an in-house built module hard coded into the mesh in order for it to work.
Regarding the shape, will look into that, but itīs also a combination of the angle of the pic.For those more into checking details, there are a couple of antennas that are spanish version specific (and currently, thatīs a spanish Harrierīs exterior mesh) that will not be there in the USMC version or the Italian version.
Best regards
Prowler
Hi,
it seems a bit odd that the .MDL file format can support the hard coding, the code that the .MDL can support are the scripts in xml which are then read and interpreted by the XML parser of FSX.
To see this, simply open a .MDL file with a text editor, you can see the scripts in xml (ASCII plain).
The xml interface with FSX is not able to change the FSX parameters if not through the event triggers, ie: (>K:SOME_EVENT_NAME),
this is not the case, there are no event ID's able to vary the linear and angular speed along 3-axis of the aircraft.
It would be interesting to find that this limit can be removed but so far I think is not possible without resorting to the use of SimConnect C/C++ .DLL module eventually interfaced with a XML script.
cheers
/Mario

Prowler1111
June 3rd, 2012, 11:22
Hi,
it seems a bit odd that the .MDL file format can support the hard coding, the code that the .MDL can support are the scripts in xml which are then read and interpreted by the XML parser of FSX.
To see this, simply open a .MDL file with a text editor, you can see the scripts in xml (ASCII plain).
The xml interface with FSX is not able to change the FSX parameters if not through the event triggers, ie: (>K:SOME_EVENT_NAME),
this is not the case, there are no event ID's able to vary the linear and angular speed along 3-axis of the aircraft.
It would be interesting to find that this limit can be removed but so far I think is not possible without resorting to the use of SimConnect C/C++ .DLL module eventually interfaced with a XML script.
cheers
/Mario

I simply canīt tell you how, because iīm NOT the coder, but there are quite a few stuff that "were not suppose to work" that we have already debunked(working FLIR in the VC? yeah..check the FB page).Anyway, like i said before, i canīt code even if my life depends on it, but Bear does, and he does it quite good, and so far, he can read FSXīs code like an open book.Problem, is, you can ask him, but he wont say, LOL.
Anyway, no, itīs not RBīs gauge, NOPE itīs not based on his solution, itīs not related to ANY superflaps solution, itīs pretty much thrust vectoring ala RAZBAM, Bear told me the answer is right there in FSX code, so i believe him.BTW, Bear is known here as Zeus, and he happens to be my bro :mixedsmi:..

Best regards

Prowler

ZEUS67
June 3rd, 2012, 11:34
Hi,
cheers
/Mario

I will say this. All my modules unless otherwise specified are .dll files using SimConnect and C++. As many others have said, FSX is a very robust software and SimConnect enables me to do a lot of things that many people believe it is impossible. The only problem is that many of these "hooks" are undocumented, that is one have to search and hit one's head on the FSX ceiling in order to find what it is possible or not.

This is the reason why all the latest RAZBAM's release have ordnance management and release in free flight, including a fully working cannon or machine gun. With real bullets flying away from the aircraft and hitting terrain or buildings.

I've not developed guided weapons, because of lack of time to develop a fully working radar. The tools are there, but it takes time to create one.

I've been coding software for a living for over 20 years, so coding using simconnect is not a problem. I don't use Rob B's gauge because I like to know what my software is doing. So I looked and arrived at my own solution. It works and I feel it gives a better feel of vectorial thrust for this particular aircraft. It took me nearly 3 months and many dead ends to arrive at this solution.

I do tip my hat towards Rob B's, his solution works and that says a lot. You have to be on these shoes to understand the problems regarding vectorial thrust and fsx.

Regards

LUCE1
June 3rd, 2012, 12:13
I will say this. All my modules unless otherwise specified are .dll files using SimConnect and C++. As many others have said, FSX is a very robust software and SimConnect enables me to do a lot of things that many people believe it is impossible. The only problem is that many of these "hooks" are undocumented, that is one have to search and hit one's head on the FSX ceiling in order to find what it is possible or not.
This is the reason why all the latest RAZBAM's release have ordnance management and release in free flight, including a fully working cannon or machine gun. With real bullets flying away from the aircraft and hitting terrain or buildings.
I've not developed guided weapons, because of lack of time to develop a fully working radar. The tools are there, but it takes time to create one.
I've been coding software for a living for over 20 years, so coding using simconnect is not a problem. I don't use Rob B's gauge because I like to know what my software is doing. So I looked and arrived at my own solution. It works and I feel it gives a better feel of vectorial thrust for this particular aircraft. It took me nearly 3 months and many dead ends to arrive at this solution.
I do tip my hat towards Rob B's, his solution works and that says a lot. You have to be on these shoes to understand the problems regarding vectorial thrust and fsx.
Regards
thanks for prompt answer,
it sounds clearer now, so the matter is shifted to the DLL's side that sounds reasonable.
However outstanding Rob's work can't work alone, it needs a SSW dll module either.
Yes SimConnect permits you a lot of things limited only by your fantasy, however as you know nothing is costless, what about multiplayer environment ?
Do you claim weaponering works also in MP with no side-effects ? or as others publisher you are not interested so much into this not commercial-appealing field ?
cheers
/Mario
BTW:
I don't need to be on Rob's shoes to understand vectorial thurst related problems mainly for two reason: i have worked side by Rob to make the vtol gauge and the companion dll, second, it's not my merit, but only my age, I have coded in C/C++ since the early eighties of unix and linux then and now, alas, even for Window$.

ZEUS67
June 3rd, 2012, 14:51
will it hover?

Yes. It can hover. NO the aircraft was not made to hover. In fact the DO NOT HOVER warning comes out so many times in the NATOPS manual that I feel it is almost like a joke. It does have a HOVER mode but it is made for actually hovering but for STOL situations.

I am going to follow the manual and if you use that aircraft to hover beyond the time limit explained in the manual you can say sayonara to the engine.

Warhawk1130
June 3rd, 2012, 17:05
Yes. It can hover. NO the aircraft was not made to hover. In fact the DO NOT HOVER warning comes out so many times in the NATOPS manual that I feel it is almost like a joke. It does have a HOVER mode but it is made for actually hovering but for STOL situations.

I am going to follow the manual and if you use that aircraft to hover beyond the time limit explained in the manual you can say sayonara to the engine.

As the A-7 does...another bird built around the manual....me likey!

ZsoltB
June 3rd, 2012, 23:17
Great!

Thank you!

LUCE1
June 4th, 2012, 01:37

Still odd,
i can't see any part of NATOPS manuals, from A1-AV8BB-NFM-000 (aka dash-0) trough A1-AV8BB-NFM-700, where hover is discouraged or worse deprecated.
Hover is a fundamental part of offshore procedures, as stated in NAVAIR-00-80T-xxx manuals series.
Dash-0 has a paragraph dedicated to hover:

7.6.3 The Hover
The hover may be entered from a decelerating transition or a VTO. It is an interim period during which the aircraft
is held relatively stationary at an altitude of 50 to 60 feet AGL.
1. Control height with small throttle changes.
2. Maintain position with ground references.
3. RPM/JPT — WITHIN LIMITS.

since hovering requires high power settings there are obviously some rpm/jpt/time limits as showed into below figure, within these limits hover is allowed and can be done without limitations.
May be you are using different flight/technical manuals ?
cheers.

ZEUS67
June 4th, 2012, 06:19
Still odd,
i can't see any part of NATOPS manuals, from A1-AV8BB-NFM-000 (aka dash-0) trough A1-AV8BB-NFM-700, where hover is discouraged or worse deprecated.
Hover is a fundamental part of offshore procedures, as stated in NAVAIR-00-80T-xxx manuals series.
Dash-0 has a paragraph dedicated to hover:

since hovering requires high power settings there are obviously some rpm/jpt/time limits as showed into below figure, within these limits hover is allowed and can be done without limitations.
May be you are using different flight/technical manuals ?
cheers.

Don't confuse hovering - maintaining a stationary position in the air - with vertical take-off and landing. Those are different procs. The aircraft was built for VTOL and STOL. Although STOL is preferred, less strain on the engine. Hovering is a different beast and the strain in the engine is too much. If I recall correctly engine life when hovering can be counted on minutes. There is an entire section regarding VTOL and STOL operations and those stress the DO NOT HOVER line.

ZEUS67
June 4th, 2012, 06:50
@LUCE1, you are correct. I was misreading some warnings. But the main thing is that hovering is a transitional period while doing vertical take-off and landings. Specially on landings. But the engine life issue, still stands.

408 Engines have a medium life of 1000 hours or 50,000 counts. Hovering uses aprox 1,500 counts per minute since the engine is near the red line. You are losing 30 hours of engine life for each minute of hovering.

LUCE1
June 4th, 2012, 07:01
Don't confuse hovering - maintaining a stationary position in the air - with vertical take-off and landing. Those are different procs. The aircraft was built for VTOL and STOL. Although STOL is preferred, less strain on the engine. Hovering is a different beast and the strain in the engine is too much. If I recall correctly engine life when hovering can be counted on minutes. There is an entire section regarding VTOL and STOL operations and those stress the DO NOT HOVER line.
Not confusing at all.
Leave aside the vertical takeoff evidently not needed for operational activity and that is mainly used in air shows.
I think it's pretty obvious that the subtle difference that you do between hover and VL is specious, it is clear that making a vertical landing is necessary to hover, just think of the deck landing procedures (hover and cross).
Well in paragraph 7.6.4 of the dash-0 that covers the VL on p. 7-49 there is no mention of "DO NOT HOVER":

7.6.4 Vertical Landing (VL)
The vertical landing, Figure 7-4, is commenced from a 50 to 60 foot AGL hover. Landing should be made pointing
into the wind to minimize exhaust reingestion.
1. Start a slow descent with the throttle.
2. Monitor ground references.
3. Maintain heading and adjust attitude and roll as necessary to correct for drift.
4. Maintain positive rate of descent. Avoid stopping in ground effect. Some throttle reduction may be required
if descent rate is slow since the aircraftwill tend to stop in the area ofmaximum LIDS capability (5 to 10 feet).
Additionally, surface winds in excess of 10 knots may degrade LIDS performance and may require a
corresponding coarse power correction just prior to touchdown.
Note
If strakes or gun pods are not installed some suck-down effect is present.
A power increase may be required near touchdown to prevent excessive
sink rate.
When positively down:
5. Throttle — IDLE.
6. Brakes — APPLY.
7. Nozzles — AFT.
8. Trim — 4° ND.
9. Water OFF (if selected).

below 7-4 figure "Vertical landing"

LUCE1
June 4th, 2012, 07:06
@LUCE1, you are correct. I was misreading some warnings. But the main thing is that hovering is a transitional period while doing vertical take-off and landings. Specially on landings. But the engine life issue, still stands.

408 Engines have a medium life of 1000 hours or 50,000 counts. Hovering uses aprox 1,500 counts per minute since the engine is near the red line. You are losing 30 hours of engine life for each minute of hovering.
sorry we cross answers.
However the only drawbacks to hover is a in-ground-effect hovering to avoid engine gas and/or FOD ingestion as reported by AFM.
About engine life no problems a s long you stay below rpm/jptl limits, engine life interest also other fields such as combat etc..
cheers

Prowler1111
June 26th, 2012, 19:33
Some pics on latest developments
A/A Radar almost ready:

RWS = Range While Search. Targets are displayed but not tracked.
TWS = Track While Scan. Targets are tracked. Vector information is displayed. it is possible to lock on a target and attack it.
VS = Velocity Search. Targets are displayed regarding closure rates.
STT = Single Track Target. A single selected target is displayed. All the others are disregarded and the radar screen uncluttered. Steer instructions are displayed. All these modes will be available.
A/G radar is next, as well as in-built FLIR

Some exterior pics:

Best regards

Prowler

DagR
June 26th, 2012, 22:59
Looking fwd to it Ron ;-)

Best
DagR

Warhawk1130
June 27th, 2012, 03:17
And I quote Ron, from this last weekends facebook page, that the harrier is due out in less than 20 days.

hae5904
June 27th, 2012, 07:48
Here a couple of repaint WIP shots.......:salute:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/HarrierII1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/HarrierII2.jpg

Cheers,
Hank

Damien
June 27th, 2012, 08:06
And I quote Ron, from this last weekends facebook page, that the harrier is due out in less than 20 days.

Awesome...

-Damien

MDIvey
July 17th, 2012, 05:01
Just wondered if there has been any news on this project?

Matt

VaporZ
July 17th, 2012, 06:19

And this Razbam Harrier Plus it is on top of my "priority 1" / "absolutely must buy" list.

Keep us posted about its availability !
:applause::ernae::applause:
VaporZ

hae5904
July 17th, 2012, 13:31
Just wondered if there has been any news on this project?

Matt

Still on track Matt! :salute:

Cheers,
Hank

Phantom88
July 17th, 2012, 15:44
Very Nice! I'm really much more looking forward to The DCS version were she'll have some "TEETH"

Prowler1111
July 17th, 2012, 16:02

Thatīs how it currently looks, so far we are in schedule

Prowler

Damien
July 17th, 2012, 16:30
Consider this an instant buy for me.. I'll be waiting over there with my credit card.. Hasn't 20 days already passed?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MDIvey
July 18th, 2012, 00:35
Top of my to buy list Prowler.

Matt

cortomalteseit
July 18th, 2012, 01:23
may be it's a false perspective, but it seems to me that the outer rail for missiles it's too long.
cheers and good work

Victory103
July 18th, 2012, 18:00
Oh thank you for updating the pilot to a newer HGU series helmet. Looks terVIFFic!

Prowler1111
July 18th, 2012, 18:57
Oh thank you for updating the pilot to a newer HGU series helmet. Looks terVIFFic!

Thanks!
our Harrier is currently deployed at Kandahar for some weapons tests!

Best regards

Prowler

strykerpsg
July 18th, 2012, 20:09
Absolutely stunning shot. A must buy for me as well. Looking forward to her release.

Prowler1111
July 22nd, 2012, 15:35

Cockpit mesh..

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler1111
July 22nd, 2012, 20:57

in game pic

Prowler

Daube
July 23rd, 2012, 03:01
This cockpit looks fantastic on these shots !
I can't wait to see how this bird will really fly in the sim.

danyboy21
July 23rd, 2012, 03:07
Fantastic job ! ! !

VaporZ
July 23rd, 2012, 08:13
Will both Spanish "Armada" and Italian "Marina" Harrier II Plus be also offered on the package ?
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

Warhawk1130
July 23rd, 2012, 18:16
Just received the model to test out tacan/INS functionality plus hover....unfortunately, 12 hour shifts at work so it will probably have to wait til friday...lotsa screenies too! stay tuned!

Prowler1111
July 26th, 2012, 16:53

Prowler

VaporZ
August 1st, 2012, 04:48
Reading the Razbam facebook this morning.

Larry Zambrano confirming the AV-8B II Plus will be released this month : August 2012 !!!
Yes !!!!
This one is actually on top of my "absolutely must buy" listing with the Iris PC-21
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

YoYo
August 1st, 2012, 05:23
Prowler, too same for DCS ? I wait for this both. :applause:

Prowler1111
August 1st, 2012, 06:06
Prowler, too same for DCS ? I wait for this both. :applause:
Sorry no, DCS world version will be available, hopefully, one year from FSX version release.Thatīs the deadline we decided, since itīs a complete different beast.But in the interim, weīll release the T-2 for DCS.

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler1111
August 2nd, 2012, 22:49
Latest...the wait is coming to an end..

Best regards

Prowler

Warhawk1130
August 3rd, 2012, 18:55
Sorry for those of you that saw my last post....I was just told the model I was evaluating had obsolete textures....please disregard my last images.