PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 Canadair CL-215 sound.cfg V.2

Maarten -
June 1st, 2012, 15:11
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Sounds

Description: To begin with: This sound.cfg is an improved version of the one uploaded a few weeks ago. Particularly the interior sound has been improved because the original sound was too loud and it needed some other refinements. Please replace the sound.cfg you already downloaded with this new one. Now, in my search for a good sound for the Canadair CL-215 amphibious fire tanker, I struck on the fabulous soundpack for the beautiful Douglas A-26 Invader of Milton Shupe and the Sim-Outhouse Team, made by David C. Copley. Most of the wav-files in this soundpack are recordings of the Pratt & Whitney Double Wasp R-2800 engines of an A-26 Invader. Having studied the Invaders sound pack, I discovered that by tweaking the sound.cfg, particularly with regard to the exterior sounds, it became possible to develop a good exterior CL-215 sound (2 engines). No changes were made to the wav-files, as I didn?t want to modify them; the wav-files just sound wonderful. In order to make your system reproduce the CL-215 sound, first download from www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com) the great Douglas A-26 Invader package and enjoy flying that plane. Then copy the sound pack of the A-26 to the CL-215, and replace the existing sound.cfg by the revised one you just downloaded. Special thanks to David C. Copley who gave his permission to upload this modified sound.cfg as freeware, with limited distribution, at Sim-Outhouse.com and Avsim.com. Many thanks also to Milton Shupe and to Wayne Tudor. Author of the original sound pack: David C. Copley. Modified sound.cfg: Maarten Brouwer. By Maarten, 2008-08-07 15:11:10

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS2004 Canadair CL-215 sound.cfg V.2 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=10371&catid=110)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.