PDA

View Full Version : I bought the Storch on sale at SimMarket

ramjet
June 1st, 2012, 10:22
Hi SOH friends,

I have been hunting for a Storch and searching all over this site for Tim's and how to port it over to FSX since I think so highly of his work but I have been frustrated in my attempts.

I then read about the Storch available for FSX at SImMarket so I checked it out. Well it looks good to me and right now thru 6-6 its on sale. Less than 10 euros made it an easy decision, I haven't flown it yet as I messed up getting my registration but soon I'll be enjoying this very unusual plane for about $12 and I've seen some great looking skins at SOH.

Check this out if you have been thinking of a Storch for FSX.

good flights, Cal

Bomber_12th
June 1st, 2012, 10:26
Thank you for the heads-up Cal! I've been meaning to pick that one up since day 1.

Sieggie
June 1st, 2012, 11:05
Don't think that is the newer one Francois is selling on his site. But I could be wrong.

Dave

Bomber_12th
June 1st, 2012, 11:43
Dave, having just checked on it, you're correct.

Francois
June 1st, 2012, 12:06
Good ! I wasn't aware of any sales on our products there :wavey: Must be another Storch :icon_lol:

peter12213
June 1st, 2012, 12:20
It might be Dirk Stuck's one, sorry if I spelt that wrong. Just my opinion but buy the FSaddon version is the definitive and best one available if your in love with the Stork!

Bomber_12th
June 1st, 2012, 12:29
Sale or not, I think I'm committed (the FSAddon Gladiator remains one of my most flown and loved aircraft). ; )

ramjet
June 1st, 2012, 15:12
Hi all,

I was excited by what I saw as a great price on the Storch and since many have been talking about it I thought it would be a good HU for the group. Ya mean there's another one? I guess I don't get out much to find out about this stuff. I'll be satisfied for a while with my choice. Sorry if anyone got the wrong impression from my post.

good flights, Cal

Sieggie
June 1st, 2012, 16:47
Cal,

It is a good price for a Storch. I have never seen the other one on sale that low, which is what got me looking.

Dave

olderndirt
June 1st, 2012, 17:13
Francois/Simon's Storch is especially sweet with that "65+" discount. Pays to be an old fart.

ramjet
June 1st, 2012, 21:34
I got the Storch and have taken a few brief flights. I think it looks good and flies well but I do find the motor's sound inside the cockpit to be irritating. I'd also like a different prop texture but aside from this its a very nice model. I saw a review that talks about an improved sound, perhaps this is already it but I'd sure like a more accurate sound. Anyone know of an available update?

Thank you, Cal

Barnes
June 2nd, 2012, 01:19
Sale or not, I think I'm committed (the FSAddon Gladiator remains one of my most flown and loved aircraft). ; )

Yes - im glad own the Glad :jump: