PDA

View Full Version : What's inside an F1 car.

Ferry_vO
May 30th, 2012, 12:44
_Wn1EFLa2C8

For the last two years the Sauber F1 Team mechanics have been using their downtime to slice a Formula One racing car lengthwise down the middle with the precision of true craftsmen. Chief Designer Matt Morris quite literally gets underneath the skin of the F1 car, pointing out where and how the individual components are located within the chassis. Everything is packed in pretty tightly. Sergio Pérez is also on hand to demonstrate the driver's seating position.

Ferry_vO
May 31st, 2012, 06:38
Is it just me, or aren't Youtube video's working here.. ?

Anyway, here a direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wn1EFLa2C8 (Tip: Watch in HD!)

Wing_Z
May 31st, 2012, 11:44
One always sort of suspected the driver was "just a component" to be squeezed in!
But I have a lot more sympathy with them bumping over the kerbs, now I've seen exactly where their bums sit... getting out in a hurry must be an exercise in self-control.

Who was it that first used that high nose? Benetton?

Ferry_vO
May 31st, 2012, 18:30
Think it was Tyrrell back in 1990, Jean Alesi scored some good results with that car!

getting out in a hurry must be an exercise in self-control.

Especially since they have to do it in under 5 seconds by FIA rules, and this is tested on a regualr base.

Panther_99FS
June 2nd, 2012, 12:32
One always sort of suspected the driver was "just a component" to be squeezed in!
But I have a lot more sympathy with them bumping over the kerbs, now I've seen exactly where their bums sit... getting out in a hurry must be an exercise in self-control.

Who was it that first used that high nose? Benetton?

Yep!
Seeing how the driver fits in was the best part for me...