PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

fsxar177
May 29th, 2012, 17:36
Good-evening,
My father, who is 56, has just been diagnosed with a form of cancer called Lymphoma. It's already very late, and there's not a lot of hope. He has been admitted to the hospital today, for a much needed blood transfusion, and a biopsy, to confirm the results of blood work, and a CT scan that he had last week. Would just ask for my fellow members of this great community to think some positive thoughts, and pray, for his well-being, and possible healing. He's not afraid of death, for it would only find him home with his creator, and we're only jealous, because we'd like him to be with us longer!

He's a WWII aviation historian, and general walking library on Warbirds in particular.

Thanks to all,
Joseph

rocketred
May 29th, 2012, 17:54
i will .... and please keep the board updated ,,,,,

and heres a "tip"......talk with him say whatever is in your heart share your past and present ,,,,,nothing to lose

joshua

ColoKent
May 29th, 2012, 18:06
...here. I've got him in my thoughts.

Kent

Lionheart
May 29th, 2012, 18:12
Im sorry to hear this, but I pray this will turn around and he will be with you another 30+ years.

Joel Osteens mother, back in the 1970's, had cancer of the liver. No one got better from that. She wasnt supposed to live long. She wrote down all of Gods promises concerning healing and would post them up around her house. She got down to 78 pounds or less. She is alive today, in her 80's, and flies to baseball games out of state.

Through God, all things are possible. Command that cancer out of him. Jesus said, 'cast out the deseases'. So when you are praying over your dad, take a moment and say 'cancer, I command you to leave my dad 'now!' Kick it out of him, and give your dad some faith. Faith is the key factor.

Faith, faith, faith....

May he look back on this at 90 years old and smile.

Bill

hawkeye52
May 29th, 2012, 19:17
He is in my prayers.
- H52

Daveroo
May 29th, 2012, 20:45
Joesph,my friend,your father at 56..way to young.....i dont "pray" as a "normal" person who goes to church does...but he is now in my thoughts,i will share his plight with my family and there will be strong prayers....

please look at your private message,,,,,curios..this Hodgkin or non -hodgkins lymphoma?

Auburn Dave

IanHenry
May 29th, 2012, 23:49
Joseph, I'm sure the thoughts of everyone on this forum will be with you, and hoping for your fathers swift recovery.

Regards,
Ian.

cheezyflier
May 30th, 2012, 01:33
prayers sent

arfyhun
May 30th, 2012, 09:37
Joseph, I pray for a speedy recovery, should it be His will. You and your family are in my prayers also at this worrying time.

Graham.

fsxar177
May 30th, 2012, 10:40
A BIG thank-you to all of you wonderful folks! You guys are awesome!

Here he is, many moons ago.... see this link (http://www.mustangsmustangs.us/p-51/p51who/?page=29) for the story behind this mustang.
And this link (http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/p51survivors/pages/44-74923.shtml), for where it is today.

http://www.mustangsmustangs.ws/p-51/p51who/images/29.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/swissmustangs/FAS-410accidenteAmatecampoaprox1972.jpg

Joseph

Dain Arns
May 30th, 2012, 21:12
Joesph, don't give up hope.
I know exactly where you are at, as my own father has been battling Lymphoma for almost 7 years now.
He's had to go through one radiation session, and two chemo therapy sessions in that time.
We thought it was in remission, but a couple years ago it came back with a vengeance and was all through his Lymph system.
A lot of prayer and another long term chemo session has put it in remission again.
A check last week showed he was completely clear.

Praying for your Father, you and your family, and the medical team to send the Lymphoma into remission.

limjack
May 31st, 2012, 07:42
Through God, all things are possible. Command that cancer out of him. Jesus said, 'cast out the deseases'. So when you are praying over your dad, take a moment and say 'cancer, I command you to leave my dad 'now!' Kick it out of him, and give your dad some faith. Faith is the key factor.

Faith, faith, faith....

May he look back on this at 90 years old and smile.

Bill

So Powerfull!!!

Prayers for you and your family Joseph

Jim

rpjkw
May 31st, 2012, 12:25
I'm so sorry to hear of your father. He is added to my prayer list.

Bob

Roger
May 31st, 2012, 14:09
I wish your father the best of luck Joseph and hope for the best for you and your family.

Allen
May 31st, 2012, 14:50
I hope for the best. Just don't give up!

fsxar177
June 1st, 2012, 18:37
Update today on my Dad.
Officially diagnosed with Salivary Gland cancer. (very rare)... Little to no hope of successful treatment. He's going to choose natural methods for now, and try to slow it down, and offer some relief.

We still believe that the LORD can handle this, but yet are content if that doesn't involve healing.

Thanks again to all!
Joseph

Milton Shupe
June 1st, 2012, 19:17
Great thoughts expressed by everyone. Joseph, peace, comfort, and faith be with you all.

papab
June 2nd, 2012, 02:52
Joseph,
My thoughts and prayers are with you...................
Tell your Dad that there are a lot of folks pulling for him!

I will pray for him daily...
Rick

Daveroo
June 3rd, 2012, 20:14
just was thinking about your dad and how he is....i see about the salvitory gland cancer....do put your faith in your god...we must all have faith,,in god,or budda.or whatever the faith worships...but please dont dismiss the medical treatment....some good treatments to be had,,,even if the salivatory glad cancer cant be treated,,he we now face many many challenges with other parts of his body and mind,as will you and your siblings and mother,,grand parents...everyone....friends will slowly leave his life,the longer he "hangs in there" the less time they wannt to hang around being all sympathetic...im not trying to be mean...im speaking from personal issues,,i broke my back..at first people were all syrupy over me...as time went on...i was told....dude when someone asks how are ya doin?...they dont mean it..dont want to accually hear it....just trying to be polite,,,,to tis day someone asks my if im feeling ok..or if something is wrong ect....i say without hesitation

Im fine ,thankyou

ive had an open wound on my right legt since setptember 1,09,,,bleeds..ooxes,,is nasty some days when infected with MRSA....yet i wont say jack........so....he needs love,compation and understanding from family.....

ive rambled again...again..if your dad ever feels like it..have him call me we can talk planes,trains,cars,trucks,whatever....

crashaz
June 4th, 2012, 13:04
Prayers sent for you and your family. More coming tommorrow and all week.

fsxar177
June 5th, 2012, 09:51
Thanks again to All!
It is such a great support to know of others care, and concern.

@Dave,
Thanks for the advice. I don't take it lightly. And I understand where you are coming from. Thanks a lot.

Joseph

fsxar177
August 3rd, 2012, 19:59
To any and all who have followed this thread, thank-you!

We're hoping to get my Dad to the Air races in 2012. We're not sure if it can happen, or even if he will still be with us then. Nevertheless, he is in good cheer. Still working part-time, and he has enough energy to take each day as it comes. Today, he forwarded me the following to anyone interested:

"I wanted to add a note regarding my cancer and the days I have ahead of me. My Dad, Ernest Lloyd Thompson, was diagnosed with the same rare Salivary Gland cancer in November 2000 at age 77. The doctors felt they caught it early and did surgery to remove the main tumor and radiation treatments. The radiation severely damaged his throat and he was then only able to eat or drink with a stomach tube. It left him barely able to talk and then it was only for short duration periods, and hard to understand. He passed away from the cancer in April 2004. I have the same cancer, but it was caught far too late for any conventional treatment.

My Dad was my hero. After taking some flying lessons in Prescott, AZ in 1940-41 in a J-2 Cub he went to aircraft mechanics school in L.A. After Pearl Harbor he went to work in Long Beach, CA for Douglas at the tail end of the SBD Dauntless production line where on night shift he would run down a thorough checklist, start the aircraft, and taxi it across a highway (shut down at night) to an airport and go back and get another one. In 1942 he signed up with the Army Air Corps but having washed out of a pilot program he signed up to be a gunner on bombers. He ended up in B-17s and was on 50 combat missions out of North Africa and Italy between July 1943 and March 1944.
As top turret gunner/flight engineer on the latter half of those missions with the 301st BG/419th BS he learned more about piloting. The flight engineers were trained to be able to fly the bomber home and land it if the pilots were both injured. As a gunner he was credited with 2.5 kills (1.5 Messerschmitt 109’s and an Italian Reggiane Re, 2001 fighter. In April 1944 he was sent to Pyote AAF in Texas where he got flying time (right seat) in more B-17s and some B-25s. He had a Lieutenant solo him there in a Stinson L-5.
He bought a Waco UPF-7 after the war in hometown Prescott, AZ, and became friends with Charlie Tucker there. He assisted Tucker’s brother in the wing-clipping of the two P-63 Kingcobras Tucker had bought surplus for racing. He got to ferry a third surplus P-63 from Kingman to Prescott for another race pilot in 1946, his first time to fly a fighter. I think I first became an air racing fan looking at and asking about the photos of Tucker’s P-63C’s and Jackie Cochran’s P-51B in my dad’s photo albums.
In 1947 he rejoined the Air Force and was sent to the elite 509th Composite Group (393rd BS) at Roswell, NM and made a gunner on B-29s. In 1950 he was transferred to March AFB and joined with the 22nd BG, 2nd Bomb Squadron. They flew early B-29 missions over North Korea from Kadena between July and October 1950, 29 combat missions for my Dad.
In 1952 the 22nd became a KC-97 outfit (after my father had racked up 2,678.5 hrs. in B-29s). In September of 1955 at age 10 weeks and 2 days I got my first airplane ride in a Stinson 108-1 from Riverside to Van Nuys. In 1957 he was sent to Castle AFB (Atwater, CA) and into early KC-135s. He was a boom operator in the tankers. Retirement came in 1963.
In 1965 my dad was doing flight instruction and charter flying out of San Carlos, CA. On my 10th birthday that year he bought me a Bible and asked me to memorize John 3:16. I did that and over the next three years began to have a fair head knowledge of what the scriptures said about the gift of eternal life and the reality of hell for those who simply reject that gift. Two weeks after my thirteenth birthday this head knowledge of basic Bible truth hit home with me as not being enough. I prayed a sinners prayer asking the Lord Jesus Christ to become my savior personally as I put my full trust (100%) in Christ’s finished work on the cross as my only means of eternal salvation, and not based on a single good thing I had done or my Christian parents, or anything else. I asked for that free gift made possible only by the blood of Christ shed on the cross and his death, burial, and resurrection from the grave. He did all of the work as a perfect sacrifice for my sins, once and for all.
The next day my Dad was flying in an airshow in Salem, Oregon. I had been at a youth camp that whole week and so I ran through the crowd, past the rope line and out to my Dad’s plane to tell him the news. That day I trusted Christ was 44 years ago, July 26, 1968. I can testify that I have no doubts about my eternal life and no fear of death itself. This cancer may take me home before I see five of my six children marry and have my grandchildren. I may not even make it to Reno 2012, but I have everlasting life and a home in heaven for sure. That is most important and I would have been amiss to not take the opportunity to tell you and others I may have contact with in these last months. So I give you my testimony and of the Dad who I will be one day soon be reunited with.

Please read these verses in the book of Romans: Romans 3:10, 3:23, 5:12, 6:23, 5:8-9, and 10:9, 13

Lowell

Lionheart
August 3rd, 2012, 21:00
Thats an awesome testimony. God bless him.

:medals:

mrogers
August 4th, 2012, 00:18
Wow! That is awesome! Thanks for the wonderful testimony! :applause::applause:

Eoraptor1
August 4th, 2012, 05:59
Good-evening,
My father, who is 56, has just been diagnosed with a form of cancer called Lymphoma. It's already very late, and there's not a lot of hope. He has been admitted to the hospital today, for a much needed blood transfusion, and a biopsy, to confirm the results of blood work, and a CT scan that he had last week. Would just ask for my fellow members of this great community to think some positive thoughts, and pray, for his well-being, and possible healing. He's not afraid of death, for it would only find him home with his creator, and we're only jealous, because we'd like him to be with us longer!

He's a WWII aviation historian, and general walking library on Warbirds in particular.

Thanks to all,
Joseph

My mother died of pancreatic cancer last year, and I just lost my aunt two weeks ago, so I know exactly what you're going through. My mother's cancer was already Level IV when the doctors found it - full metastasis, so there was nothing we could do except keep her comfortable. My only advice is that you REMEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I was once a full-time care-giver, and I had a heart attack before age 40. I wish you and your family every good thing.

JAMES

n4gix
August 4th, 2012, 09:38
That was indeed a very powerful testimony. Know that I have your family's needs as well as your dad's in my daily prayers.

Bill+

brad kaste
August 4th, 2012, 11:06
Joseph,....we're all pulling for your Dad. Like many, I find the 23rd Psalm by David comforting during times you and your family are going through.

http://www.rwf2000.com/gifs/23rdpslm.gif

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

fsxar177
August 4th, 2012, 13:17
You guys mean so much! Thank-you for all the encouragement, and support, and prayers!

Joseph