PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Yak-130

SeanTK
May 29th, 2012, 16:36
So...apparently IRIS is working on a Yak-130, according to their Facebook page. (Please no comments about Facebook itself...we get it, people like different things...)

https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-130

It'll be really interesting to see them pull off a Russian-language glass-panel system. Just did some snooping and it's a glass cockpit.

Felixthreeone
May 29th, 2012, 16:42
Really? I mean...REALLY? A YAK-130?? C'mon....where is the freakin E-2C?????????? S-3B???? And I don't know...about 300 other aircraft that customers would actually PURCHASE if they were developed by Iris?? Sorry if this seems a bit harsh or sour, but it is getting to be a bit disturbing that payware developers with such high-caliber skills go after such obscurities to develop. Feel free to rake me over the coals. Maybe they should have made a 737....

Naki
May 29th, 2012, 16:48
Obscure? Wouldn't be to a Russian...maybe an E-2C would be obscure to them though.....I betcha a PAC Cresco would be obscure to you but not to me (luckily there is one available FSX)

Felixthreeone
May 29th, 2012, 16:56
I stand behind my original statement. As I said In my prior post...feel free to rake me over the coals, but that is my opinion. Good luck to iris with this aircraft. I hope it is a sales and sim success.

...And, FWIW...the PAC Cresco is one of the ugliest flying machines ever made. Yes, I know what it is. No, I would never fly one. Based on its ugly factor alone.

SeanTK
May 29th, 2012, 16:59
Well, I agree that it is a bit obscure, but I think one of the selling points here is that its a modern aircraft in a class that does seem to be popular (think Lotus L-39, Milviz T-38, etc). Modern, fast jet.
I'm sure we're all hoping for aircraft that we believe "need" to be made and that "will" sell well. If you go by the feedback of other forums, some may believe that it's yet another Boeing 7XX iteration, and some would indeed be happy seeing only those aircraft developed. Others are waiting for the latest light single from the likes of Realair or Carenado.

I think the common factors and mission profile of this Yak-130 overpower the fact that most, flight sim users at least, haven't heard of it. The "Russian" market seems to be finally emerging more on the payware side of things, and I've seen some nice positive feedback on various forums by the quiet enthusiasts that see these aircraft often in the real world.

I would rather see a variety of aircraft developed over this recent trend of two, three, or even more developers all covering the same aircraft type.

One can write this off as the opinion of someone who is known to have an interest in this side of aviation, but I think my comment still may have some value to it.

Roadburner440
May 29th, 2012, 17:11
I want to see an E-2C, C-2B, and a S-3B myself.. As said above though light jets, and GA birds is where it is at right now. There is a large silent majority that never posts to any of these forums, but buys those products by and large. I will be interesting in seeing how they pull off the Russian glass cockpit myself. Certaintly looks like an interesting jet though. My mind has tempted me to buy their F-20 on a number of occassions. So far I have resisted.

Felixthreeone
May 29th, 2012, 17:11
And I agree with you, Sean. And my apologies to Naki.

I am going to see what develops of this aircraft. It is of little value to the sim world to have an opinion such as mine, as what naki said is entirely correct. There is clearly going to be a market for this aircraft, and perhaps, it will open up new ones as well....

lazarus
May 29th, 2012, 17:29
At least its not another P-51:icon_lol:F-15, CH-47 ect. No risk of market sturation there. Now with Virtavia on the A-4 bandwagon, I was expecting more scooters than rush hour in Rome, so a YAK130. Good looking little jet, not everyones cup'o meat. I'd rather see some coldwar stuff like 'Sader, Savages or Furys, but, what the hey. Its their quarter, good on 'em.

Naki
May 29th, 2012, 17:44
No problems Matt...it will indeed be interesting what the final Yak-130 product will be like (and their PC-21).

For me the only military jet I want at the moment is a Scooter (the Virtavia A-4 looks very promising) and perhaps a Blunty (BAC Strikemaster)

Felixthreeone
May 29th, 2012, 17:49
Strikemaster would be excellent...as would an A-37 Dragonfly....And an A-4, although I am not sure Virtavia would have been my development house-of-choice...I guess it is a 'take what you can get and like it or don't buy it' kind of business lol...General aviation is my genre, despite military in my blood and background. So, we will see what this Yak winds up bringing to the table. And, myself and many others could wind up being very impressed/surprised

Naki
May 29th, 2012, 17:57
An A-37 would be another I would be interested in (there is a private one based at my local airport hence the interest)...RAZBAM are making one IIRC.

skyhawka4m
May 29th, 2012, 20:27
my next jet will be the Virtavia A-4.....no other! Good luck on this one IRIS.....I'm out of this one. What happened to the Tomcat IRIS was redoing?

strykerpsg
May 29th, 2012, 21:45
OH cool! I thought initially it was another aerobatic type...this one looks sweet and obscure, as has been pointed out. I too would like to see some of their earlier models brought up to their current standards of shine, but this one is great looking too.

DagR
May 29th, 2012, 21:50
I welcome a Yak-130, great choice. And also, one step closer to a T-50 ;-)

Best
DagR

b52bob
May 29th, 2012, 22:25
Love to see the yak..I certainly would be interested.

one thing I can't understand...why no true Fsx kc-135? with all the different countries that rely on them and so many different planes refuel from them, it's strange their isn't a good Fsx one around.

capt Sim did a real nice 707 so how about chopping the fuse and hanging some a/r stuff on it. would make great multiplayer fun!

noddy
May 30th, 2012, 01:50
A good choice, will sit nicely with the L-39

An-225
May 30th, 2012, 02:53
Now there's a nice surprise. Russian/CIS aviation has been underrepresented in the FS world for quite some time, and to be honest, there isn't exactly a drought of American aircraft either. We already have the F-15E, T-38, F-16, F/A-18E, A-7, A-10 and classics like the A-4, F-4, F-86, F/A-18C and F-15C are in development. I find it curious that an oddity like the Silence Twister didn't draw out this sort of reaction when it was released. Besides, it's hardly going to remain an obscure airplane forever, given that this is going to be the primary trainer of the VVS well into this century...

Although, as above, I still want my E-2, C-2 and S-3 in FSX native glory.

Sieggie
May 30th, 2012, 09:27
My mind has tempted me to buy their F-20 on a number of occassions. So far I have resisted.

I believe the F-20 is now freely available on the IRIS web site. you need no longer be tempted.

Dave

SeanTK
May 30th, 2012, 10:07
http://warfare.ru/0702ey70/update/september2010/4/yak130-cock.jpg

Still VERY curious on how they're going to pull off the cockpit systems on this.
I'm looking forward to seeing further development shots as the model progresses! :)
If I knew more about the aircraft itself, I'd love to test it/help out, but I don't think I could be of much use, even with my Tu-154/Russian systems experience!

The Yak-130 was built in a few numbers in the 1990s, and is coming into its own in this decade, so it's nice to see a modern aircraft appear from this part of the world!
I don't know much about it at all myself, and it's been fun to read up on!

If I may say, it is indeed interesting to see the level of apprehension present with this aircraft, along with a number of affirmations that people are waiting for "other aircraft x" over interest in this latest design. From my understanding, IRIS is making an F-18 and who knows what else too.

I know many of the more vocal simulation users were around for a significant portion of when the USSR existed as the "red menace". I honestly think that this has something to do both with the lack of development of that side of aviation within FS now, and the way most of these aircraft are received.
As An-225 said above: "I find it curious that an oddity like the Silence Twister didn't draw out this sort of reaction when it was released."

We've certainly had past releases such as Project Tupolev's products, Samdim's products, and others such as Lotus Simulations that have indeed been met with fanfare, but there's so much more with whatever the latest 737 or Cessna is. Love of familiarity, attitudes against the "former enemy", or a bit of both?

I haven't even seen this Yak mentioned on ANY of the other FS forums I lurk at. Partially due to the fact that this is very recent, I know, but I don't think that's the whole story.

Upcoming FSX Russian aircraft:

IRIS Yak-130
Aerosoft An-2 (special mention of Aerosoft Yekaterinburg, Russia scenery out now for FS9, soon for FSX)
Samdim An-24 series (apparently VC and FSX native model being developed.)
Project Tupolev Ilyushin Il-62M
Ivan Jurcaga MiG series (-23, and some others I can't recall)

Aaaannnd...now everyone can summarily ignore this as the rantings/musings of someone invested in this side of aviation....

noddy
May 30th, 2012, 10:47
http://youtu.be/_cyPK36qsY8

peter12213
May 30th, 2012, 11:01
This is a great idea David! I'm sick of American aircraft at the moment so this makes an ideal change, and you know it'll be so much fun to fly too. Imagine the fun of the L39 with more power and up to date avionics, how can that be bad lol? Didn't Italy have a part in this jet too?

VaporZ
May 30th, 2012, 11:12
Frankly ?

I think the Iris Yak-130 project is a totally non sense !

As proud Australians I thing the Iris team must ( must ) have prioritized a BAe Hawk
Mk-100 LIFT as a native FSX project with a lot of potential repaints options like :

Australia
Bahrain
Canada
Indonesia
Oman
Malaysia
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
Etc....

.... as the best potential advanced jet trainer projet for FSX !

But the Yak-130 ?
Yeark !

Totally insane !
:sheep:
VaporZ

This being said !
I fully salute and support the Pilatus PC-21 Iris project for FSX ....

and eventually

a future Alenia M-346 Master project,

But the Yak-130 ?
No thanks !

hae5904
May 30th, 2012, 13:42
To bad to see such discussions reappearing once in awhile...to often, again unfortunately.

A dev cannot make every customer happy, if he/she could they would certainly will make that happen. But as we all know, that is impossible.
Yak-130? Why not! Unique for the flightsim community right?
Some only build a model in one or two versions (ie a single seater and a twin seater). Others build complete families of a plane type.
And if their own favorite plane is developed and build.... some people will still complain, as it is not up to their expectations.

Sure I do have my own "I would like to see in FSX list" ....The whole F-8 Crusader family (yes including the Crusader III), the whole Dassault F1 family....etc

But the following will NEVER change:

Some models we want are in development, but the most we want are not.

:salute:
Cheers,
Hank

SeanTK
May 30th, 2012, 15:12
I really hope that this Yak-130 will be a hit with the broader community.
At the same time, it must be tough on the developers to hear that their current project is essentially a waste of time to some.
This is what I have an issue with. I have seen other Western aircraft developed that may not be everyone's "cup of tea", but these are not generally met with the same aggression against their development in the first place. It's an aircraft with a mission profile that simulation users seem to enjoy, but as soon as you get a non-US/European company involved, there's a push against it by some people.

Yes, I'm an advocate for non-Western aircraft. That being said, I still use numerous Western types, but.... I know that many would be happy only seeing Western types. Why...I don't know.
I like the variety....but this active push against Yaks, Tupolevs, Ilyushins (and I've seen this in regard to a handful of other aircraft on other forums. Not so much here until today) is just odd to me.

The latest trend seems to consist of having two or three developers compete to see who can make the more popular "aircraft A", instead of two or three developers making "aircraft A, B, and C". I bet if some here only saw Boeing 7XX series in development over and over, or Grumman/Northrop F-# they would be as happy as can be. I like the variety, and the willingness to recognize that there are more than US/Western European aircraft in existence in the world. I know for a fact that some here would be fine if we only saw Boeing, Airbus, Grumman, and Lockheed (and subsidiaries) as the main and only addon aircraft products to be developed.

This observation is based on seeing the reaction of numerous forums, and privately being queried as to my "allegiances" shall we say, due to my interest in non-Western designs. Yes, it's happened here and elsewhere, and it's been both startling, frustrating, ...yet a bit amusing too to see the mindsets of some.

Some may not agree with this based on their perspective of my posts and news updates, but I am not advocating for Russian aircraft only, or that development must be sacrificed in the name of variety. I enjoy seeing what the latest Western aircraft is, and I enjoy using them. My latest favorites have been the Virtavia SH-3 Sea King and the Carenado C90 King Air for example. Don't stop development of one thing to focus on something else. Just...focus on a variety!

I apologize for bringing this up yet again, but it seems to happen each time something like this is announced and/or released, and I frankly have not seen it with Western designs, other than when a lot of bugs are involved....and it's frustrating to see the close-mindedness of some!

There are luckily vocal supporters, as can be seen here, but there still is a lot of ground to cover to get these sort of aircraft to be widely accepted in the predominately Western, age +30 flight simulation community.

Again, I don't want to bring this up yet again, because I'm sure to some, it gets old and some are saying "there's that kid into Commie stuff again".....but I feel that my observations need to be pointed out and addressed if we are to get a wider variety of aircraft spanning the WORLD in the flight simulation addon community.

I'm looking forward to seeing more development images of this Yak from IRIS, along with the other aircraft due within the year, and I hope that all of the aggression against "wasting time" on Russian aircraft development subsides and more fanfare is shown by those who are willing to embrace aircraft such as these.

jetstreamsky
May 30th, 2012, 15:14
Unbelievable negativity in this thread, the insular view that we need yet another A, B, C, D model F numbered aircraft misses so much of the aviation that exists world wide, any true enthusiast of flight would welcome one and all flying machines. Just take a look at the video Noddy posted to see this flying machine has some pretty interesting features and looks potentially like a lot of fun to fly.

jeansy
May 30th, 2012, 17:41
sorry off topic

For me the only military jet I want at the moment is a Scooter (the Virtavia A-4 looks very promising)

Razbam are doing one as well, while Virtavia keep things simple, but i think Razbam's is going to have droppable stuff (cant remember where i read it), hope razbam might be able to shed some light in this

YAK, meh, not for me, but so arent a lot of things

An-225
May 30th, 2012, 22:25
USAF/USN aircraft that have been made/are being made for FSX:

F-16C/D, F-15C/E, F/A-18C/E, F-22, F-35, F-14, F-111, F-4, F-104, F-86, AV-8B, A-4, A-6, A-7, A-10, C-17, C-27, C-130, B-52, B-1, T-38, SR-71.

I'm fairly certain that covers a great deal of both active and classic American military aircraft. Apart from a few aircraft to fill in the gaps, like the (much needed) C-141, a decent C-5 and the B-2, what else could you possibly need or want? Now, what's out there for ВВС России?

MiG-21, Su-27, L-39.

Now, this isn't to say that developers should stop making Western aircraft. As I said, I really do want a good C-141, C-5, C-2, etc. But the Russian side of things has been so badly neglected, despite there being quite a large Russian community and plenty of Sovietophiles, such as myself, it's a bit myopic to prematurely laud this Iris project as an abject and unwanted failure or disappointment.

But the Yak-130 ?
Yeark !

Totally insane !

VaporZ

This being said !
I fully salute and support the Pilatus PC-21 Iris project for FSX ....

and eventually

a future Alenia M-346 Master project,

But the Yak-130 ?
No thanks !

The Alenia M-346 is essentially the Yak-130...except, it's doubtful whether either it, or the Pilatus PC-21 will be used in such great numbers by one of the most influential superpowers on Earth...I don't see why the development of the Yak-130 is any more irrational or "insane" than the development of the M-346.

SixGhost
May 31st, 2012, 05:27
cough cough...

Good luck to IRIS on their project!

IRIS
May 31st, 2012, 06:07
Hi everyone,
Great read! Please keep your opinions coming (no sarcasm, you should all know by now I enjoy reading all your commentary!).

I've picked a couple of posts out to reply to as a beginning and let's see where the conversation takes us. :-)

...Sorry if this seems a bit harsh or sour, but it is getting to be a bit disturbing that payware developers with such high-caliber skills go after such obscurities to develop.
Felix, I know you cleared up the 1st post a few posts later but I want to reply to the initial reaction as there are some others that have felt the same.

David and other developers like to broaden their horizons and they like to push their knowledge and their capabilities. When something new presents itself David likes to (more often than not) grab a hold of it & push it forward. Whilst each new project is new & fun & interesting, there are some things that can be monotonous and so an obscure plane is a great diversion.

...I would rather see a variety of aircraft developed over this recent trend of two, three, or even more developers all covering the same aircraft type...
Exactly! Other than diversifying David's skillset he also like to pick things that aren't currently on other developers books, or as far as we are aware they're not anyway. Over the years we've produced planes that other Devs have done or are doing and whilst we all bring something different to the table (you can never have too many desserts or wines now can you?!?) every now and then you want to be the main course all to yourself. :D

my next jet will be the Virtavia A-4.....no other! Good luck on this one IRIS.....I'm out of this one. What happened to the Tomcat IRIS was redoing?
Good question Skyhawk! The F-14 is still on David's list and he has recently been in discussions with another party in regards to it. There will be announcements about the F-14 eventually, but not in the next month or so. Because it would be the 3rd time it's been redone we want to see what other creative juices we can bring to it's 3rd incarnation. :)

OH cool! I thought initially it was another aerobatic type...this one looks sweet and obscure, as has been pointed out. I too would like to see some of their earlier models brought up to their current standards of shine, but this one is great looking too.
Strykerpsg we have a large collection of early model planes that we want to do things with. In some cases we don't have the source files so the project can be dead in the water, in another 2 one of the other guys who is learning to develop a sim has taken the reigns and there are some more again that we would love to see fly again, and perhaps they will when there's more advanced game/sim play to have - TacPack and so on.

...But the following will NEVER change:

Some models we want are in development, but the most we want are not. ...
Some of the models we as Devs (and wives ;-)) want also aren't going to be made. A lot comes down to audience & target market; cost of development and also the resources available. If we can't get documents or schematics or manuals then a lot of it is guess work and that can be harder to pull off.

In a perfect world we would make you all planes, all that you could ever want. Alas we're in a time-poor, resource restricted environment :-) Who knows though what's coming around the corner.

Thanks everyone for your input!

~K

Ferry_vO
May 31st, 2012, 06:49
David and other developers like to broaden their horizons and they like to push their knowledge and their capabilities. When something new presents itself David likes to (more often than not) grab a hold of it & push it forward. Whilst each new project is new & fun & interesting, there are some things that can be monotonous and so an obscure plane is a great diversion.

That's a key issue too; developing aircraft can be a long and tedious project so a developer should be able to put his heart and soul into it, or you'll end up with a rather mediocre aircraft. There's not much money to be made in this hobby, so there should at least be fun!

I myself am looking forward to both the PC-21 and the Yak-130 (And Luca's M-346 too!)

merida72
May 31st, 2012, 09:05
cough cough...

Good luck to IRIS on their project!

Great! T-346 Master... New Italian Jet Trainer

Matt Wynn
May 31st, 2012, 10:31
This is a great idea David! I'm sick of American aircraft at the moment so this makes an ideal change, and you know it'll be so much fun to fly too. Imagine the fun of the L39 with more power and up to date avionics, how can that be bad lol? Didn't Italy have a part in this jet too?

Pete if i recall both Aermacchi and Yakovlev worked together (In Agreement) on the M-346/YAK-130, hence it's external similarities....

strykerpsg
May 31st, 2012, 19:04
Karen,

Great reply above and thanks for taking the time to elaborate a bit on everyone's comments. I whole heartedly look forward to your revamping the earlier stuff, where possible, as well as your out of the box movements away from the ordinary. As has been pointed out, there are multitudes of models that have been redundantly done, admittedly many ported over from FSX so when they are re-done into true FSX format, they truly then shine.

Anyway, not to keen on the aerobatic ones of late, but this one looks pretty BA to me and would love to pick it up, more so because of it's obscurity in the western skies. So, will watch this one a bit more carefully and keep my fingers crossed for a T6B, updated F-14 and any other earlier releases that can be updated as well.

warchild
June 12th, 2012, 01:35
Yes, Iris is working on a Yak-130. I'm doing the flight model for it. The Yak 130 is offered with 2 engine variations, of those two it seems that only the AL-222-25 is used. The Al-222-25 comes in two power outputs, a 4850 pound version and a 6.125 pound version. Not much but in a plane thats only slightly bigger than a tweet, its plenty. Some people call it subsonic, some people call it supersonic. The 4850 LB thrust model will push the plane to 597 knots. I havent found specs for the 6125 lb version yet. Like the tweet, its both a trainer and a light strike/ground support aircraft. And also like the tweet, it can carry a dizzying amount of weapons.
A glass cockpit in russian?? Certainly would make things easier for the modelers. I cant read a word of it myself but everything is pretty self explanatory
Stay tuned.
Pam.

noddy
June 12th, 2012, 03:43
In Russian, so it will be gearski upski or downski?

Bone
June 12th, 2012, 08:00
I think it's a good choice for a model build. Could you guys do a Frecce Tricolori paint with this model, since it's so similiar to being an M-346? Just trying to notch up my pretend factor, here. ;)

PutPut
June 12th, 2012, 13:51
In Russian, so it will be gearski upski or downski?

Reminds me of the Russian Cowboys; Gene Autryvich and Roy Rogerski from an old Red Skelton routine. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Paul

warchild
June 12th, 2012, 15:56
I'm not sure which liveries well have on it to be sure.. i'm focusing on just the numbers and performance of the thing.. Most sites quote engines used in the prototype, but those got changed. the newer engines are 800 pounds more powerful, and push the plane to the edge of mach one ( but not past it so it can be used in the round the world race as well ), Freece tricolori would be an excellent paint, but i have no control over that..

Txmmy83
June 15th, 2012, 04:33
Freece tricolori would be an excellent paint

yep that would be perfect!

and I think it is only a question of time till the real Frecce Tricolori switch from their MB339 to this new Trainer

Warrant
June 15th, 2012, 12:57
So...apparently IRIS is working on a Yak-130, according to their Facebook page. (Please no comments about Facebook itself...we get it, people like different things...)

https://www.facebook.com/irissimulations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-130

It'll be really interesting to see them pull off a Russian-language glass-panel system. Just did some snooping and it's a glass cockpit.

Nice "out of the box" thinking by Iris!
Great plane. Looking forward to fly it.

SixGhost
June 16th, 2012, 03:13
yep that would be perfect!

and I think it is only a question of time till the real Frecce Tricolori switch from their MB339 to this new Trainer

Won't happen unfortunately. Rumours are that the candidate for the replacement of 339's is the M.345, formerly known as M.311. That is, if they ever get the money to do so...:kilroy:

Landman
January 16th, 2013, 08:33
Мне нравится Як-130. Очень хорошо, IRIS, И спасибо.

lanf77
January 17th, 2013, 00:08
Won't happen unfortunately. Rumours are that the candidate for the replacement of 339's is the M.345, formerly known as M.311. That is, if they ever get the money to do so...:kilroy:
.........AKA SIAI Marchetti S.211, only differences are EFIS instruments and oxigen sys. It's NOT an AerMacchi product, as is not the SF.260 they're selling now

SixGhost
January 17th, 2013, 05:37
.........AKA SIAI Marchetti S.211, only differences are EFIS instruments and oxigen sys. It's NOT an AerMacchi product, as is not the SF.260 they're selling now

Of course, but SIAI Marchetti doesn't exist anymore. It's the same as for F/A-18E/F/G's for example, they're now Boeing, not McDonnell Douglas or Northrop.:mixedsmi:

lanf77
January 17th, 2013, 07:51
Of course, but SIAI Marchetti doesn't exist anymore. It's the same as for F/A-18E/F/G's for example, they're now Boeing, not McDonnell Douglas or Northrop.:mixedsmi:

CORRECT!..................if you are a sales manager
not so much if you are an aviation enthusiast.........or are we going to have BOEING f-4 Phantoms and\or Hornets, Buccaneers from British Aerospace............maybe AerMacchi S.79 Sparviero? and how's about Grumman? the fact that an aircraft company doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean that us enthusiasts shouldn't give the right credits for the projects\aeroplanes developed.
I hope for AerMacchi to sell thousands of M345, but that doesn't mean that the plane they're now trying to sell is just the 1.01 version of the S.211 JPATS program made in partnership with Grumman.
Moreover the "way" SIAI was closed and the projects given away........rather "funny" or "strange"...enough said.............................................. ....
If they plan to go to Le Bouget for showing\selling planes, then it is business, and they have the right to put all the names\stuff they want, but since this is a forum re. historical\vintage plane can't we be more honest? When a plane is made by one company becomes part of an historic heritage which can't be honestly denied.
I used to fly the 260 when the hourly cost was still "human".....never occurred to me to say "type AerMacchi 260" in frequency, everybody has always understood, couldn't say the contrary..........

SixGhost
January 17th, 2013, 11:59
are we going to have BOEING f-4 Phantoms and\or Hornets, Buccaneers from British Aerospace............maybe AerMacchi S.79 Sparviero? and how's about Grumman? the fact that an aircraft company doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean that us enthusiasts shouldn't give the right credits for the projects\aeroplanes developed

In fact all credit goes to SIAI-Marchetti for the 211 AND the 260, but the M-345, while based on the 211, is a substantially new machine. New engine, like you said EFIS, OBOGS, revised structure with vastly increased use of composite materials, landing gear. Not counting all those aerodynamic changes such as new air intakes, wing fences, wingtip redesign, ventral fins, horizontal tail plane. All in all, it may very well be a new plane, even more so when you compare the flight envelopes and the maintainability of the two aircrafts. In all honesty, that alone, justifies its new brand name. Maybe Stelio Frati would disagree, but I would never call the 311/345 just another SIAI-Marchetti product. Just my 2 € cents.:wavey:

Getting back on topic, I hope work is still continuing on the IRIS Yak-130! I'm eagerly waiting for new screenies!

vonstroheim
January 17th, 2013, 15:24
Мне нравится Як-130. Очень хорошо, IRIS, И спасибо.

Yes, that's the spirit!

Did you know that there is a FSX freeware Yak-130 by Hadi Tahir? (FSX_Yak130.zip @ Simviation) Ok it's a bit on the simple side, but it's FSX native, so you can swap your favorite VC in, if you don't like the one made by Hadi... while waiting for the Iris version...

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/754909Yak130.jpg

Hadi Tahir, with Harri Thaha (both from Indonesia I suppose), are also responsible for a nice MiG-25 PD (ht_mig25pd_0.13.zip @ Avsim), also FSX native! VC swap advice: Ivan's Mig-21MF?

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/575271Mig25.jpg

And Hadi Tahir also made the VTOL Yakovlev Yak-141 (1y141muv1.zip @ Simviation). Rob made a VTOL gauge for it.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/635846Yak141.jpg

Did you know Lockheed bought the VTOL design from Yakovlev when they worked on the F-35B? The similarity shows quite a lot... Sometimes collaboration is the way to go...

Scenery: Koszalin by Pawel Aziukiewicz (Avsim), SSN Kirov by Hadi Tahir? and Mark Harper? (can't remember where I found it: KIROV_CGN.zip).

And now back to the topic, the Iris Yak-130...

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/114238irisyak130.jpg

Sundog
January 17th, 2013, 16:01
Just an FYI, Lockheed did not buy the Yak-141. They did go to Russia to investigate the bearing set up used for vectoring the main engine.

warchild
January 17th, 2013, 16:06
I was using the freeware Yak as a platform for developing the flight model for the iris version until Iris and I parted ways.. I would like to see iris's aircraft in FSX, but i guess we'll just have to see how it goes..

Dougie
January 17th, 2013, 19:36
Really? I mean...REALLY? A YAK-130?? C'mon....where is the freakin E-2C?????????? S-3B???? And I don't know...about 300 other aircraft that customers would actually PURCHASE if they were developed by Iris?? Sorry if this seems a bit harsh or sour, but it is getting to be a bit disturbing that payware developers with such high-caliber skills go after such obscurities to develop. Feel free to rake me over the coals. Maybe they should have made a 737....

Not a fan of this here attitude one bit, and I'm going to be as nice as possible as I'm not looking to upset anyone, but I feel this is quite a cheeky comment. If you want an aircraft made that hasn't been made already then why don't you learn how to make an aircraft yourself instead of writing up here about how these people with high caliber skills make obscurities. At the end of the day there is something new for you to go fly about in that hasn't been made before so if you look at this in another perspective there's a chance for you to get introduced to an aircraft you may never have considered before, I know because there are a few airplanes where I wouldn't have looked twice at but I fly them more regularly than others.

I'm on a few other forums about real life and not simulator life but this kind of cheek easily gets people banned and a lot of people get called a sourbake because of it, so I'm not having a go at you but throwing my pennies worth into the discussion, as it disgusts me that some people like to think that because they feel an aircraft being made by a developer is not to their liking doesn't mean that they feel it's their divine gift to have it made. At the end of the day a child would not be allowed to behave in such a spoilt manner.

Maybe it's not your or anyone elses problem but the fact that we're spoilt for choice on the amount of aircraft being made for fs and the amount of transparency developers give the general public into development by taking opinions of the user into consideration and I also appreciate a lot of people would agree with yourself but it's just not the attitude to have and I am sure there are a lot of other aircraft in your hangar which you could go fly. We certainly don't lack for choices in this day and age now fsx is 6 or 7 years old, and it seems a shame to me that people can be so demanding and have such a want for nothing. I'm not saying I'm perfect because no one is. Maybe there is a more constructive means of getting your point across than having a yap on here.

Rubberlegs
August 24th, 2015, 10:07
Just my little "Klink of the Coin"
...Only to happy to pay out a few 'bob' for a YAK-130..Nice looking bit of machinery and it has a little touch of 'Italian Design' to boot. Now if IRIS could only see their way clear to throw a YAK-28 at us, (think of all the repaints!)I for one would visit the local pawn shop to acquire the funds to buy it!!
Sorry!..just don't need another 'Tanger' in the hanger.

"Fly High..Punch Holes in the Sky"
Walt