PDA

View Full Version : X3 Albion Prelude - Steam Patch File

marklaur
May 29th, 2012, 00:50
I was going to buy the boxed version but after reading a few posts elsewhere I gathered I would still have to hook up to steam to get the latest version so I buried my pride and took up the free version with the serial from the Super Box. I did not find the installation process that easy but I managed to stumble my way through it. As a trial I installed it on my web surfing PC. I will soon install it on my gaming PC.

One thing I can not find is the EgoSoft patch that gets rid of steam. After installation I did not get another key to register Albion Prelude at EgoSoft so I can not see anything for it under my login.

Does anyone know where I can get the file (flies)?

Also how do you backup a steam installation. I have seen posts that say there is an option to save the setup file, but I did not see it when I installed the game. I would like to backup the installer as it takes a lot of my download limit to install.

Also with Steam is it like GoG where they update the installer so you always get the latest version every time you download / install, or is it always the base game that has to be updated by patches. If it has to be updated can the patches be saved?

The only other account I have for downloaded games that require online activation is gamergate, and boy it is a lot simpler and you can save the install files etc. I have some free games there as well.

Any help with the steam patch would be appreciated. I gather that version 2.0 is still the latest version as that is what steam seems to install and does not seem to want to update.

Regards MarkL

Lionheart
May 29th, 2012, 18:22
Sorry, I do not know of a way to work around Steam.

I have Steam and some games from it, but with X3, I got it on CD and havent done any updating through Steam, like Albion. I figured it would get tangled up one day, something like this.

Did you find the game files in the Steam folder system? Apps folder...

Bill

marklaur
May 29th, 2012, 23:52
Yes I found the game files OK, everything installed OK.

I tried to play after installing without activation but like I thought no go, so I tried to find the no steam patch advertised by EgoSoft but so far no luck. Thought I would ask here first before the EgoSoft site as someone must have looked for it.

I have now uninstalled it. When I find the patch file I will install on the gaming PC. I am in no rush. I just downloaded the Enhanced Edition of the The Witcher 2 from GoG. Not too bad but not as good as Skyrim.

Regards MarkL

marklaur
June 4th, 2012, 02:07
I finally found the steam patch file in the bonus material Albion Prelude. I thought I was logged in but obviously not. Silly mistake O well. I downloaded the survival guide while there as well.

Cheers MarkL