PDA

View Full Version : Sail Tomorrow

Talon
May 28th, 2012, 19:31
Tuesday we start our Voyage to Tahiti. It usually takes 10 to 12 days to sail there. Looking at the computer weather we should have smooth sailing for at least the first 7 days, hopefully for the whole trip. If any storms do appear we can track them and steer clear. With the new radar we can track ships and planes up to 100 miles away,the other radar had a 75 mile radius.

I have a great and experienced crew of 8 and we sail 24/7. 2 memebers are alway on watch and do 4 hour shifts.That is except for me,I do the night shift.

Have a great summer guys and we will be back in September.I still will have internet connection so will still be able to visit SOH.

Talon

Captain Kurt
May 28th, 2012, 22:27
Smooth sailing, blue skies, and a safe journey. :wavey:

UncleTgt
May 29th, 2012, 03:18
Talon,

Have a fantastic trip, & enjoy the solitude of the nightwatch....

Shadow Wolf 07
May 29th, 2012, 16:24
Bon voyage M8

SgtT
May 30th, 2012, 02:27
Have a great trip!

T.

TARPSBird
May 31st, 2012, 09:59
"Shift Colors! Shift Colors! The ship is underway!"
Bon Voyage Talon and crew! :wavey:

aeronca1
May 31st, 2012, 10:46
You lucky ^&^&*^#$#$%^&*&^%$# you, lol! You're living my wife and my dream. Smooth sailing!!!!!

Fibber
June 3rd, 2012, 14:22
I used to love doing the underway nightwatch. At night, in the middle of nowhere, it seems that you can look in the sky and see infinity. When we were south of the equator and you could see the Southern Cross it really was beautiful and made you feel how really small we are in the cosmic scheme of things.

While in college, I had to give a presentation for public speaking course credits, it was required and redundant to me as at the time I used to give some lectures in safety to large groups but I degress, I gave the outline to the grader and when I started I didn't like the subject and commenced to give a presentation of " sailing under the Southern Cross" for 15 minutes. At the end the grader was facinated till he realized nothing was what I outlined, but he stated that wanted to leave right then and do it! I got full and extra and passed with colors as he couldn't believe that I could speak so well on a subject like that until I explained I did it for some years and it is easy to talk about a subject you love passionately.

Talon, I am seriously envious of your trip, but "fair seas, following wind, and a star to steer by" for you.
May the good king Neptune smile upon you as you pass over his kingdom and enjoy the "middie".