PDA

View Full Version : VirtualPilot3D - if it QUACKS like a duck.......

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 08:07
One of our readers was inquiring about a review of this product........ the New and Ultimate Flight Simulator....... that NOBODY has EVER HEARD OF??

Well, I sure didn't! So I looked it up and sure enough it looks an awful lot like the Flight Gear SCAM that we've seen over the past year, hitting Facebook and other places with incessant advertising. Same with this thing.

Lets face it..... with so many companies not even touching a replacement of Flight Simulator becuase it took Microsoft 25 years to get where we are now, how would 3 guys nobody ever heard of flip a fully featured 25.000 airfield, global simulator out of the magicians hat ... overnight???? And without the entire flightsim world buzzing with anticipation!???

I haven't put down the requested US $ 127 to check it out... but the specs look an awful lot like a copy of MS FSX ........ :icon_lol:

http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/index3.html

ANYONE ever heard of this !!??????

strykerpsg
May 28th, 2012, 08:23
Looks pretty decent, graphically. If you scroll down toward the bottom, it's actually on sale now for $67.00, making it a bit more digestible. Anyway, thanks for the find but think I'll just sit back and observe any feedback. With oldest graduating, too many other expenses on my plate.

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 08:25
I think it is yet another reincarnation of the Pro Flight scam.......... ;-)

strykerpsg
May 28th, 2012, 08:28
I think it is yet another reincarnation of the Pro Flight scam.......... ;-)

Ahhhh, does have a certain waddle about it. I had forgotten about that one.

Ferry_vO
May 28th, 2012, 08:39
There's at least one identical screenshot on both this 'Virtualpilot3D' site that's also on the site of the freeware Flightgear site.. (http://www.flightgear.org/about/gallery-v2-6/)

Edit: The list of free aircraft downloads at Flightgear is remarkably similar to the aircraft included in VP3D....

bushpilot
May 28th, 2012, 08:59
Well if you crop one head of the "Virtual Pilot Team" image:
http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/images/virtual-pilot-team.jpg

and do google reverse image search, it turns out to be somekind of image bank image (http://www.google.fi/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiusofO7N5fMiDDA5VMZblO_18ClpJ8 pFotpyr85Z6HCKd4OqXug2_1Em37KJz7eUuz1RQ4BJ5urUkSxA hok3VsUSK323J7u_1slsydJaeSIcpanqh4m6HRNhs-tz5Cn7GfehJyZFLVnnnCsNMLZXwAv3vCfK_19cm-f58NvJk1lSXH8FNO7IIKDXiCtt5CuBlFF7LRTX4Qdb2qdrKFHW bhycUY90jeRgaTo-p9ScoMTMJQtUs-hfqvYttZ2W5trYxSUARDo5Vgnoc4Umpmq2JdJQTimVc8JvkggG uf5sdBybhgkvHpzsEg0nCKsjjRx2JfAqS67FGfIxo2_1uGohkR NxHRmw0CEAfMATeiEJ9JWpY_1U485jg6M0cGOLHyslogRP3PPK KVEoAPDz_1AOv5Kjq452A6J55TJmOJmX-M2QGQm53XKeiWDMEgmlB3DKOU9zG6vIyIkP_1O372kJ1lr0lYR G1spNNiNu-yU8pwopOF3YU4RsVl9YD8N5iiwR6xFEs9ZnIYCjng9PHP33UAh v43s0nXBe2MAWueIN7FW7Wxc6cZI9fiJk3CMbCpy8WPxK6L55R MTV9oz4ASvLCc-_199r_1YJp0mWWHzpnBLVIdrQm7328xOTt3IvseZbgmYiZLNW0 jlVjiqB8M0i5_1mmYXMM8id62m9xKD_1TfJ6WD_1f9-lSKiUgEv2SjrAlAzbZ_11nhorXX7l2PFCl306tnKqBNG6LfZJP LjkiBgp5A4vLYfAITumelEh1JbItlNZ3aPxPPasaBbYrMMr8mL jRhDCFnk6iKab7hyC3vxQkU8tRiCE65EnVxwH6n9HYEb-tWkPadi2tFPTt-bRiejm1UL0miG_1F_11e2wMQjmD0GjgrunUcuHR0uC7kWhizih U4JwyTg3qkGjQsm2ozYLsvQLF9hkgFihsvtPh8lDLhSWjiekgk dMaDmYGN9xLjYc5Q6QNyk5thq-r5K3fIMZnlesIHoc0jXObE7Z4AS5SiSIJexKqX_11UGsMmx306-gtP7C-o3TX2DzJljDcpY2RQW1SIJk_18VD2AskqqI_185lmuJIlztBSr CfjEnkS8oyS46elhwJ2lrz9QAlQ7yUXxmKQRft2AQznOmjQJ99 qjjxY0KxT3kDRtzph2xnZ_1p2_1YFyGg6rAwUxS_1q_1eEAJWx ilZk2EAk9bzFNfkb_1VlaJk2m3ejVLnX5Ryu_1vhzBKqh93PKi bhJhtZK-Tv1i34eebG2p8K36xVyIzyYNgny5qS4vYI1Rvshpty3jZ9bAVi sK7EpVtZXC2TsFpWgw_1fTTk3t9TPvyPoL1jLclKGZ9qtoX8Az MlffJiHZqQbrUY&num=10&hl=fi&bih=799&biw=1118), appearing on many sites. So SCAM could be the right word.

I bet other two "developer" dudes are also from generic image banks.

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 09:23
Yup, I've been searching the Internet for the past few hours. They have really CRAMMED everything full with their fake reviews and pointers to the actual site. A LOT of work has gone into this scam, and I think it is just Flightgear all over again. Will post this in their forum too.

DX-FMJ
May 28th, 2012, 09:23
Judging from the the webpage layout, it's an obvious scam.

bushpilot
May 28th, 2012, 09:29
I already sent the google reverse image link to their support hehe. The dev guy should be happy to be so famous around 'the internets' lol

Thoe6969
May 28th, 2012, 09:29
The screenshot of the Zero is identical in both sims screenshots.

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 09:54
Thanks all. I feel we should all stand up to such scum and make unsuspecting (would be) simmers aware of their scams so they won't sink money into nothing! AND giving our 'industry' and communities a bad name !

Appreciate your help in this!

bruce448
May 28th, 2012, 11:18
I like this. from the above link by Francois you now get..........

VirtualPilot3D is licensed under GNU/GPLThe entire source code, aircraft and scenery is licensed under General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html)Source code and license is provided in the members area.

It does NOT sell or distribute any material that belongs to PDMG Simulation or Microsoft.

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 12:04
Yes, but change the 3 to 2 (in the URL) and you're back to their sales page.

"....... FAA pilot professional simulator

Since its inception, it has been used as an alternative to the large flight simulators used to train professional pilots.

It is certified for commercial use and provides hardware and frame-rate checks required for FAA certification. VirtualPilot3D™ is also currently in beta testing stage all over participating flight schools worldwide.....".

How much bullocks can you print on one page of advertsiing and get away with it I wonder?????

bushpilot
May 28th, 2012, 12:12
Even Reader's Digest recommends it. They have always been the most reliable source regarding FS reviews :icon32:

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 12:29
LOL!

I have sent a letter to the FAA now, since they are 'recommending' and 'certifying' it too...... ;-)

Thoe6969
May 28th, 2012, 13:03
LOL!

I have sent a letter to the FAA now, since they are 'recommending' and 'certifying' it too...... ;-) Good maybe we can nip them in the bud before some poor soul spends his hard earned money for it.

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 13:16
That's what I hope to achieve. Am trying hard ! Also 'anti-twittered them everywhere and spent a lot of time on Facebook and other forums to make this known.....

Naki
May 28th, 2012, 13:20
There is a thread over at NZFF about this with some interesting observations and links ...so the word is spreading

http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=17826&hl=

cheezyflier
May 28th, 2012, 13:23
That's what I hope to achieve. Am trying hard ! Also 'anti-twittered them everywhere and spent a lot of time on Facebook and other forums to make this known.....

that's a pretty cool pic, your avatar. i hope that's your pool, and can do that whenever you want to.

Naki
May 28th, 2012, 13:33
Just to add to the intrigue I have a new member @ NZFF by the name of virtualpilot 3d...wondering whether to appove his membership and see what he has to say...probably spam I bet.

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 22:32
There is a thread over at NZFF about this with some interesting observations and links ...so the word is spreading

http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=17826&hl=

Awesome Naki, thanks !!!!

Francois
May 28th, 2012, 22:34
that's a pretty cool pic, your avatar. i hope that's your pool, and can do that whenever you want to.

HAH! I wish !!!
Actually it is a pool of friends of ours in Italy, taken 2 years ago. I am ALLOWED to jump in whenever I please, but I'll have to drive 1700 km's to get there each time :icon_lol::icon_lol:

greenie
May 29th, 2012, 01:27
They must be using a bit of Orbx . Somebody gave them the HU and here is the response from Mr Venema.....

Thanks for the heads up. I have Jay Kae looking into this for us now. We suspect this site will be heavily masked from the real perpetrators via all sorts of dummy companies, domains and gateways. I only feel sorry for those people who get duped by this and give their $67 for a fake product.

As you know we are very vigilant in guarding our intellectual property and I have no doubt that Jay and the global security resources at his disposal will get close to uncovering who they are and then they will be hearing from our lawyers.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Lets hope so !!

Francois
May 29th, 2012, 01:44
There's screenshots on the sales page that depict several commercial FSX products, Orbx being one of them, a Carenado aircraft is another. Of course none of these products are included on the DVD they are selling (we think).

Meanwhile the FAA, FBI and some consumer organizations have been made aware of these malpractices and and we hope one or more of them WILL take action. We don't expect ANY FS developer to have enough money to actually employ lawyers to go after them, so we use our powers on the Internet to alert consumers, and forward our concerns to government and consumer organizations that are supposed to protect consumers from fraud.

Word is spreading....... good! Please help us in doing so !

bushpilot
May 29th, 2012, 01:55
Of course none of these products are included on the DVD they are selling (we think).

I don't think they even have any concrete product, not even home-burned flightgear DVDs. Once the money transaction has been done, why would they bother sending you anything... All screenies from FSX commercial products and pics of a retail box are just smoke and mirrors.