PDA

View Full Version : Going to visit the Vietnam Memorial Moving Wall tomorrow

Crusader
May 27th, 2012, 15:54
An old Marine friend of mine (who happened to win The Silver Star in RVN in 1968) are going to visit The Moving Wall in McConnellsville , Ohio about an hour from where I live . I have seen The Wall in DC in the mid 90's and it was a tearful , sobering experience to say the least . My very good friend I mentioned ended up going back into the Army Reserves and retired as a E-8 and also retired from The Ohio State Highway Patrol . He has owned an 150 acre farm the last 20 years about 7 miles from me and feels blessed to be living and enjoying this chapter of his life .

We , as do all others , gives thanks to all who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom and liberties in all wars , past and present . Also to the families who have grieved for the loss of their loved ones . :medals:

Rich

aeromed202
May 27th, 2012, 16:50
When I saw the one in DC not long after it was opened it hit me too. I did a rubbing of a coworkers brother. He didn't know I did it and broke down when I gave it to him. I'm going to have to look up the travelling one and try to meet up with it.

Trans_23
May 27th, 2012, 20:51
We had the Moving Wall at our American Legion post this time last year. Unfortunately, I was working up in Green Bay at the time but was home the day it arrived and had the honor of helping to set it up. It was a cold rainy day but after I left it warmed up and they a very nice weekend to celebrate the fallen heroes from Vietnam. The last picture is my daughter Stephanie standing guard of the wall overnight. She is in the Air Force Jr. ROTC in high school.

hey_moe
May 28th, 2012, 03:08
While you are there you should try and watch the changing of the guard of the unknown soldier.....very impressive.