PDA

View Full Version : REX Essential Release

timest
May 27th, 2012, 14:17
MODS, I posted here as well, since this is also for Prepar3D... sorry if I broke the rules, and feel free to take action as you see fit.

In LESS than 2 hours REX Essential for FSX and Prepar3D will be released... FREE to all of our current customers. If you do not own REX, the flightsimstore.com will have it ready as well. Visit our forum and get verified so you may have access to the free update when it's released. Our forum has a countdown timer, and once it counts down, we will release the product as well as our new website. Be sure to check out the site for more information at that time! http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

Cheers,
Tim

Lionheart
May 27th, 2012, 14:44
Thanks Tim for the heads up!

I hear its going to be awesome!

Bill

Crusader
May 27th, 2012, 15:32
As an owner of REX 2.0 with OD in FSX , will this be a stand alone product (REX Essential for P3D)? After the Full Migrator for ORBX tool comes out , I would like to completely uninstall FSX . I was hoping REX Essential for P3D would install on its own without FSX being present .

Hope everyone is having a safe and fun filled Memorial Day weekend !

Rich

Edit : Sorry guys , I woke up this morning and noticed I stuck this in the wrong thread . (A Senior moment I guess:mixedsmi:)

Rich

cthiggin
May 28th, 2012, 05:20
Hi folks,
I've just uninstalled REX-OD, then REX, deleted the REX folder in C:\users\appdata\local. I then installed REX Essential into FSX, no problem.
From what I'm reading, REX will release a "migrator" for P3D in the next several days. I have FSX2P3D migrator, but will wait for the REX migrator.
Enjoy and have a blessed day. cthiggin
\\

Crusader
May 28th, 2012, 09:29
If I understand this right . REX Essential(which I noticed is in my account also at The Flightsim Store) does not direct install into Prepar3D ? Just a little anxious to uninstall FSX and stick with P3D only .

Rich

cthiggin
May 28th, 2012, 11:08
If I understand this right . REX Essential(which I noticed is in my account also at The Flightsim Store) does not direct install into Prepar3D ? Just a little anxious to uninstall FSX and stick with P3D only .

Rich

It "may" with the FSX2P3D migrator tool? - In the setup console, I found where you purchase for 4.99 the P3D license. Did that and changed my "location" in the Rex config page to Prepar3D - it works great.
We may know more in the next few days.
cthiggin

luckydog
May 29th, 2012, 11:12
OK, I'm confused ( nothing new )........

First, ya got REX
then ya got REX OD, which, I assume, is an "add-on" to REX.....
now there's REX ESSENTIAL. Is this another "add-on" to REX or is this
a totally brand-new version of REX ??

LD

Lionheart
May 29th, 2012, 18:25
I was confused on that also.

I need to find out more info.....

DX-FMJ
May 29th, 2012, 18:42
REX Essential is astandalone product, free to current REX owners, it is recommended that you uninstall the old REX, then install this one.

Overdrive for REX Essential will be released soon I hear.

warchild
June 15th, 2012, 13:50
Ok.. My apologies. i'm not arouynd much any more, but could someone please give me the download link for current owners of rex?? I've looked all through their site cant cant find a thing..
Thanks
Pam

modelr
June 15th, 2012, 18:09
Ok.. My apologies. i'm not arouynd much any more, but could someone please give me the download link for current owners of rex?? I've looked all through their site cant cant find a thing..
Thanks
Pam

Hi Pam, good to hear from you.

Go to your account at the Flightsim Store https://www.flightsimstore.com and you download it from there. It's 4.25GB, so hope you have a decent ISP. (Mine has slowed me down from 10MBs to 3MBs, I'm P***ed! No reduction in cost, either!)

If you have Rex Overdrive installed, you can either uninstall and go back to Rex without Overdrive with Essential, or wait a little longer for the Overdrive Essential to be released, soon. It will be over a 9GB! download!!

Don

warchild
June 15th, 2012, 18:29
Thanks Don..
I was able to download rex update and installed it. That they want an extra five bucks for the P3D key seem BS to me but i payed it and am now waiting on the p3d key.
Needless to say, I'm not very happy with the people at REX right now..