PDA

View Full Version : Prepar3D

FSVKenny
May 27th, 2012, 14:07
Hi Guys!

Just a quick question.

I want to purchase the Prepar3D, but I'm not sure which one to get. Should I get the Academic License or the Professional License?

Lionheart
May 27th, 2012, 14:46
They are basically the same. One says Academic on the tool bar on the top right.

Lionheart
May 28th, 2012, 08:51
Hey guys,

Crusader and TCHiggin,

I think you both mistakenly posted on REX in this thread. I moved your posts over to the REX, which is a sticky now on the top of the P3D forum room.

:guinness:

Bill

Crusader
May 28th, 2012, 09:14
I did Bill , thanks for moving it over .

Rich

FSVKenny
May 28th, 2012, 14:11
Thank you for the reply.

I have downloaded and installed Perpar3D. Sofar I've goten all of my controlls working except for TrackIR. :crybaby: Performanceare is not as good as I thought it would be. At this point I'm not sure if I wasted $50.00 dollers or not. Oh I can't find the live waether as well.

I'm not trying to nit pick P3D. It maybe that I don't have everything set up right. which leads me to my next question. What do some of you have your display settings at and how is the over all performance of Parpar3D on your computers?

Lionheart
May 28th, 2012, 22:15
Hey Kenny,

P3D does not have active weather like FSX. They couldnt negotiate that in the purchase.

P3D also does not have a boot screen. You boot up into a flight. There is a addon that you can download that will allow you to choose a flight and load straight into that.

The planes that are in FSX are not all in P3D. The Maule, Mooney Bravo, and Piper Cub are, as well as some classics from JustFlight.

Some people have reported slower frame rates with their rigs, while others reported faster frame rates. I am one of the people that have massively faster frame rates and pure, good performance, though still in the 20's. Some graphics cards are not handling the new Shader system well.

You should see some improvements to the ground terrain textures. To me, they seem much improved over FSX. I do not get the stutters anymore, no pink runways, things disappearing, etc. Pretty stable, unless I am in a really loaded up plane and in scenery like ORBX with alot of things active. Then its downhill from there.

FSVKenny
May 28th, 2012, 23:08
Thank you for your replay.

I like what I am seeing so far. I realize that Perpar3D is new and I imagine the folks at Lookheed will continue to improve on this new flight sim.

Lionheart
May 29th, 2012, 08:03
Hey Kenny,

Yep, they are. They are working on fixing the crashes presently that some people are experiencing, and also working on Build 2.0 which is a few months away and should be a nice jump up in quality and more stability.

Bill

Hughes-MDflyer4
May 29th, 2012, 11:19
and also working on Build 2.0 which is a few months away and should be a nice jump up in quality and more stability.

Only a few months away? Where did they say that? I know its coming, I just did not know how soon. Last I heard, it was no less than a year away.

Lionheart
May 29th, 2012, 18:24
Only a few months away? Where did they say that? I know its coming, I just did not know how soon. Last I heard, it was no less than a year away.

That has been the rumor for several months now, so that should put it around January or even December. But.... Who knows. They might get the coding done sooner, or later. Just have to bare with them.

Shane Strong CYHZ
May 30th, 2012, 09:31
P3D also does not have a boot screen. You boot up into a flight. There is a addon that you can download that will allow you to choose a flight and load straight into that..
what addon is that could you point me too it
thanks

nio
May 30th, 2012, 11:34
Hey Kenny,

P3D does not have active weather like FSX. They couldnt negotiate that in the purchase.

Kenny, just a gloss on Bill's post.As previously discussed in an earlier thread if you have Active Sky 2012 or another earlier product from the same developer and run it,it will automatically provide you with active weather when you run Prepar3d.

I do not think you will find you have wasted $50.No not at all.

IIRC there is a 60 day money back guarantee if you decide ,upon further reflection that it is not for you. I hope I do recall correctly

I hope you like it and stick around.

I miss TrackIR but I am hoping the developers get that sorted out. If you have EZdock you can get TrackIR to work. There is a thread in this forum discussing it.

best

nio

Lionheart
May 31st, 2012, 08:57
what addon is that could you point me too it
thanks

Its here; http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=761

Let me know if you have any problems.

Basically you need to link it with P3D and with your folder where your FLT (saved flights) files are saved. Usually in 'My Documents/Prepar3D Files'

Bill

Shane Strong CYHZ
May 31st, 2012, 12:39
thanks all I am using now is P3d it is great got most of my fsx stuff working in it thanks to another little program that is a miracle cure between fsx and p3d

Its here; http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=761

Let me know if you have any problems.

Basically you need to link it with P3D and with your folder where your FLT (saved flights) files are saved. Usually in 'My Documents/Prepar3D Files'

Bill

Lionheart
May 31st, 2012, 21:17
Shane, you can also add some weather themes to P3D if the selected weather presets get boring.

Some are using addon weather programs which work in it as well.

Bill

ZEUS67
June 2nd, 2012, 20:25
My only complaint is that it does not have native real weather. Can any of you advise on which real weather system to purchase?
I'm tired of flying the Harrier. So to unwind, I'm flying Electras instead

Dave Torkington
June 3rd, 2012, 01:00
I'm using Active Sky Evolution and it works perfectly with P3D here. Easy to configure via the excellent menu screen [doesn't complain if your sim is already started but the manual recommends starting ASE first]. I've only used FsMeteo in the past [which doesn't run with P3D] so I can't comment on any of the other weather prog's that folks are using successfully with P3D.

I see they're giving 30% off Active Sky 2012 through June so it's currently 35 Euros plus VAT.

http://www.hifitechinc.com/products

Unofficial support is via the Avsim commercial support forums section here

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/171-the-unofficial-active-sky-support-forum/

Dave :salute:

Naismith
June 3rd, 2012, 02:10
Or this free one is very good.

http://board.hanse-coders.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2

ZEUS67
June 3rd, 2012, 04:19
Or this free one is very good.

http://board.hanse-coders.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2

Are you using it?
I understand that it is for FSX but remember that P3D is very choosy regarding add-ons.

Active Sky sounds good. Unfortunately money is a little tight right now, so I'll wait until I get some.

Torakka
June 3rd, 2012, 07:04
In my case works with P3D, FSX and Fs2004.

ZEUS67
June 3rd, 2012, 08:12
In my case works with P3D, FSX and Fs2004.

Thanks. I installed it and is working like a charm. This will do until I can purchase Active Sky.