PDA

View Full Version : G164,PT6A

Daveroo
May 27th, 2012, 09:13
sure wished we had this in FSX,id love to be a real world pilot and just have a PT6A powered G164 to "fun-fly",,,,66220

Daveroo
May 27th, 2012, 15:46
what no one else likes these?...sheeeesh....ill have to learn to use my program from abacus?...well!!! i never!! whine n snivel...:icon_eek:

crashaz
May 27th, 2012, 16:10
LOL. Not spraying season here in Texas yet.:icon_lol:

Daveroo
May 27th, 2012, 17:19
LOL. Not spraying season here in Texas yet.:icon_lol:

no no no...i want one of these for a sport plane....remove the hopper and add a fuel tank for more legs and room for a over night bag ( or undies and sweats) and a golfbag.....and single seat.....go meat the wimmins on at the 19th hole....

the 2 seat seat AT802U on amphib floats would be for datin...then youd have drop tanks for "legs" and a bigger baggage compartment...cause i can get away with one change of undies and sweats for a week...and ofcouse my golf shirt...but da lady might need her entire wardrobe................................

dreamer.........................:blind:

oldpropfan
May 28th, 2012, 00:05
They're not turbines but maybe these might work for you. Both FS9 but the AgCat works great and has a nice VC, the Air Tractor has been converted like you wanted but the windscreens need work and the modelling is simpler. The Air Tractor is also available in a floatie. AgCat from Flightsim, Air Tractor from Simviation.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/airtractor.jpg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/oldpropfan/agcat.jpg

edit: all three planes are available on flightsim, whlagcat.zip, seacatfp.zip, and g164a.zip

PeteHam
May 28th, 2012, 00:25
I'm fortunate enough to fly a real world Ag Cat with a 450 hp P&W 985 on passenger ops.

Cool plane , I love it .... as much as the Stearman I also fly.

Pete.

capceo
May 28th, 2012, 20:56
That actually isnt a PT-6A powered example. That one has a Garrett AiResearch TPE-331, found on the Cessna 441, Mitsubishi MU-2, and Turbo Commanders.

Daveroo
May 29th, 2012, 12:31
That actually isnt a PT-6A powered example. That one has a Garrett AiResearch TPE-331, found on the Cessna 441, Mitsubishi MU-2, and Turbo Commanders.

how do you know that?.....i looked again and i see the esaghst(wow) dump is at the rear...where ( i think) the pt6 engines are right behind the prop?...am i correct?..if not...what gives it away to you?i looked the "N" number up on the FAA page and its not listed..

i ask this ( post this) not to argue..but to learn.....i thought it was a PT6..just because it had a long nose and big dumps.....

Naki
May 29th, 2012, 13:01
I think you can tell by the engine cowling...love how the N reg is put on what looks like marker pen!

Daveroo
May 29th, 2012, 16:29

more question...i know the S2T of Cal Fire are Garrett powered...what modell are they and how can you tell?..they have 5 blakes..this has 3 i see....and the IA-58 pucara has a 3 bladed garrett? too?