PDA

View Full Version : Milviz Beechcraft B-55 Baron (BE55) - Released!

MenendezDiego
May 26th, 2012, 17:48
It is my great pleasure to announce the release of the Milviz Beechcraft B-55 Baron (BE55).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mZD05HkjSXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Over the past year and a half, the Milviz team, consisting of world class developers, testers, and real world pilots has put their heart and soul into the Baron. Included in the package, you will find a detailed exterior and interior model, which we have fully modeled, including fluid animations. We have included 6 meticulous painted liveries which will leave you breathless. We have also created a Hi-Fi sound set which will really make you feel there. The accurate flight model will bring you back to your multi-engine training days. Inclusive night lighting, Reality XP compatibility, a functional Storm-Scope, and custom EZCA presets have been built-in. Lastly, we have provided missions to keep you sharp, busy, and engaged!

As always, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee with the purchase of any Milviz product on our site.

We hope you enjoy our labor of love, which can be purchased here: http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=B55

Happy landings! Milviz

Skyhawk_310R
May 26th, 2012, 18:37
The virtual aircraft truly does take me back to when I earned my FAA Commercial AMEL on a Beech Baron 55 (N266G)!

I think you folks will really enjoy this one!

Ken

strykerpsg
May 26th, 2012, 20:49
Much congrats on a great looking release. Unfortunately, not a strong appeal to me, though does look excellent.

big-mike
May 27th, 2012, 06:28
I would like to see the vid,but it has some forbidden content and is not available in Germany.
I allways ask me,why the author must add music-----i want to hear the engine sound!
Michael

Thunderbolt
May 27th, 2012, 06:41
IŽam an owner too. :salute:

Thunderbolt
May 27th, 2012, 07:19
Nice but, some switches has no functions (AP) when I use the rudder is like you turn the Yoke.

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Torbec/S_834.jpg

Roger
May 27th, 2012, 09:44
Looks fantastic...great video:applause:

mohawk3
May 27th, 2012, 11:10
In the promotional video, when acft is parked I can see there is no pilot on board. How you do that?

MenendezDiego
May 27th, 2012, 11:54
I would like to see the vid,but it has some forbidden content and is not available in Germany.
I allways ask me,why the author must add music-----i want to hear the engine sound!
Michael

We are going to release a new version shortly which can be viewed anywhere, anytime!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

All the best, Diego

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
May 27th, 2012, 12:04
He needs to move the seat back to get out and he will take off the headset when you shut the main battery off .

The old Century AP was disabled when the new ones went in , in the first few beta tests nobody noticed it worked when it was turned on and the RW Pilots all said no plane would leave both operational , hence the INOP tag on the buttons .

mohawk3
May 27th, 2012, 12:28
Thanks for info.I'll try that tomorrow, since today I had time for only 10 min of flight.

elcamino
May 27th, 2012, 12:39
Oh no . . my wallet with all the plastic money in it is going to get raped later on.

:icon30:

big-mike
May 27th, 2012, 12:46
We are going to release a new version shortly which can be viewed anywhere, anytime!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

All the best, Diego

Thank you very much,Diego!
Michael

level 7
May 27th, 2012, 13:00
the video was nice but the first seconds 50 was fluff

n4gix
May 27th, 2012, 15:03
the video was nice but the first seconds 50 was fluff

Hollywood producers would call it creative suspense... :icon_lol:

n4gix
May 27th, 2012, 15:05
Nice but, some switches has no functions (AP) when I use the rudder is like you turn the Yoke.

All rudders produce some degree of roll under normal conditions.

The T-38A/C models have so much "roll authority" that they are useless during flight, only being used during takeoff and landing...

Skyhawk_310R
May 27th, 2012, 15:35
What Bill wrote is true! The same roll input from the rudder was commented on over at the AvSim forum and so I am going to make the same sort of reply here.

The lighter in weight an airplane is the more the rudder tends to have a discernable impact on both the yaw and the roll axis. On the Baron the rudders do have an impact of roll. Both the Baron 55 and 310R that I flew in real life have this effect and in reality it is a good thing. Because it allows you to fly a very precise localizer or visual final approach because you can make the sort of fine adjustments to lateral location using just the rudder. In my Skyhawk, the same thing happens and many experienced pilots will fly with just the rudder and take their hands off the yoke. Since it is rather easy to trim the elevators for level flight, you can fly for several seconds in this way. Folding open or closed a sectional chart you can use both hands and fly with the rudders while doing it!

I'll never forget the day my old CFI told me to take my hands off the yoke and turn the plane with the rudder only in my Skyhawk. I thought he'd lost his mind! LOL!! But, I did what he said and it was a eureka moment I shall not ever forget! Today, if you fly with me in real life, you will see me working the rudders big time on final approach, more than any other control input. This is because I have learned that small dabs of rudder can make very precise lateral adjustments. Moreover, I learned that if you press and hold the rudder, than the plane will bank in the direction of the rudder pressed (without making any aileron input at all).

Not all airplanes are this way. As Bill said, the T-38 rudder was practically useless for turning the airplane. Talking with some USAF T-38 pilots (that typical hangar flying all pilots love doing) they told me they would use the rudder to make very fine adjustments to runway centerline orientation on final approach, but only very small ones were possible. When you wanted to turn the T-38, you rolled and pulled on the elevators to effect the turn. So, not even banking the airplane tended to make significant changes in aircraft heading! So, again, all airplanes have their unique characteristics.

But, in flight testing the FDE for our Baron 55, I did not detect anything in the way the rudder controlled that aircraft that seemed out of place with my actual experience piloting N266G, which was a Baron 55.

Cheers,

Ken

skyblazer3
May 27th, 2012, 16:10
Overall, I think it feels very nice.

Felixthreeone
May 27th, 2012, 18:35
Can someone confirm for me that there is Reality XP support for this aircraft? I think I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't recall...and the flood of addons this weekend isn;t helping my memory. I am looking to see if there is complete 100% RXP integration...a GNS530, and a GNS 430. I have the unlimited pack and would like to take advantage of those units in this aircraft

Skyhawk_310R
May 27th, 2012, 18:47
There is no official support for any third-party gauges nor is their any relationship between Reality XP and MilViz on this aircraft. However, as is always the case, a customer can go into his panel.cfg file and make changes and put different avionics into the radio panel. We have heard that the 3D knob on our default Garmin 530 unit seems to "interfere" with the Reality XP 530 unit if you put it in place of the one we developed.

Whether we do anything to alleviate that situation is frankly something I cannot answer. But, again, I do emphasize that it would be near about impossible to support all third-party developments in any particular aircraft package.

As of this time, that is the most complete and factual answer that I can offer.

Cheers,

Ken

fliger747
May 28th, 2012, 03:29
True about the rudders! The F7F which I did the flight dynamics for was in real life a super rudder roller (try it, as with all Milton planes it is free). I use the rudder a bit more sparingly in the 747, being a 4engine plane you have options whether you want them or not. In the Supercub I do a lot of aerial photography, mostly flying with my feet and some knee stabilization of the stick.

Most FSX planes underplay this effect or miss it all together.

T

PRB
May 28th, 2012, 04:25
Last summer I got some “stick time” in a Piper Cherokee. There were several aspects of flying real planes that surprised me, as compared to sim planes. One of them was what really happens when you apply rudder. It rolls. Now that's what I always check first in sim planes! If it doesn't roll I'm discontented! As Fliger pointed out the freeware F7F rolls properly, hehe!

n4gix
May 28th, 2012, 09:38
Can someone confirm for me that there is Reality XP support for this aircraft? I think I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't recall...and the flood of addons this weekend isn;t helping my memory. I am looking to see if there is complete 100% RXP integration...a GNS530, and a GNS 430. I have the unlimited pack and would like to take advantage of those units in this aircraft

There is a switch under the radio stack that will toggle between the 3d mesh and a 2d flat panel. Edit your panel.cfg file, then flip the switch...

I will be implementing an "autoswap" in the Service Release that will do this for you automatically, just to make life simpler all around. ;)

Thunderbolt
May 29th, 2012, 07:17
All rudders produce some degree of roll under normal conditions.

The T-38A/C models have so much "roll authority" that they are useless during flight, only being used during takeoff and landing...

T-38 okay.

But on the Baron you use the Rudder, they make an barrel roll, no crosswind or "slip" landings.

Skyhawk_310R
May 29th, 2012, 17:32
I will repeat what Colin has told me. This is going to get fixed. I will confess that in beta testing I was the man with the actual time logged in the Baron 55. So, it was my primary duty to ensure the FDE was accurate in accordance to the real airplane and to ensure the flight modeling matched as close as possible the performance on the actual aircraft.

I did not in my testing use the rudder with over 50% inputs and measure the totality of roll experienced because I would never fly a real world piston twin where I would be at cruise speeds in level flight and then essentialy stomp on the rudder to see what happens! I would strongly suspect what I saw would not be pleasant. So, I tend to test in a way that matches actual flying of the actual airplane. For what it is worth, I was never during testing able to perform a barrel roll with just using the rudder. Clearly if I had discovered that I would have flagged it as an item. Several people have reported they can do this. What can I say? I was not, but I certainly did not test for such a thing because I never would have done such a thing in the real airplane.

Again, Colin has told me this will be fixed. I ask your patience.

Thanks,

Ken

Roadburner440
May 30th, 2012, 03:20
I will admit myself too that I don't stomp the rudder, but looks like going to need to start doing so for testing purposes. We are actively working on tweaking the flight model to tamper down this rolling with yaw inputs. We are also slightly reducing the brake effectiveness as well. Will be testing the new FM first thing when I get home today.

mohawk3
May 31st, 2012, 09:57
Instrument's glass is very convincing.

MenendezDiego
June 2nd, 2012, 20:43
From the boss:

"Ok... so we're changing things up a bit... first off, here is the fix for the B-55 (actually an E-55). What we will be doing is, when the SP is done, releasing another plane in the same package. The C-55... (not so powerful engines)... So, essentially, even though it looks the same, it will deffo fly differently. The FDE will be completely rewritten for that as well..

We will not be charging for this. As well, the price will not change till the SP is out for at least two weeks... I will also guarantee those of you who are over the 30 days, should we be late on the SP, a refund for up to 5 days after SP release should you not be happy.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval???

www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/Baron_5520120531.zip (http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/Baron_5520120531.zip) "

Regards, Diego

mohawk3
June 3rd, 2012, 05:52
Does anyone else have this strange issue of seeing the GPS screens directly through the aircraft's window?

n4gix
June 3rd, 2012, 09:43
Yes, it is a zbias drawing order issue that will be resolved in the SP.

MenendezDiego
June 6th, 2012, 14:33
If you're having any problems with the flight dynamics, please download this fix: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2090

We are working on the SP, which should be out soon.

Regards, Diego