PDA

View Full Version : FSX 3D Lights Redux problem

Jetmechanic
May 26th, 2012, 09:58
Since I have installed 3D Lights Redux. I have had problems with 3D Lights crashing my computer. I have pinpointed the problem to 3D lights cause i dont have any problem with aircraft that 3D Lights not installed on. What happens is when I fly any plane with 3D Lights installed i will fly the aircraft for a few minutes and then blue screen then puter restarts. Please I need help and I am deploying soon and hope to fix this problem before i go. Thanks

CodyValkyrie
May 26th, 2012, 10:05
This sounds like a driver issue. Those lights should not be causing a blue screen. The majority of blue screens are caused by driver issues, typically sound or video card related. I would double check your drivers.

Jetmechanic
May 29th, 2012, 05:25
I was testing out FSX to see if i got the blue screen again after i installed the new graphics drivers. I got a blue screen again saying something like (Page error in non page area). I feel it has to do with A2A 3D Lights Redux i was just on ground with default CRJ700 with 3D Lights installed. I bought the A2A P-51 yesterday and never any problems thats why i suspect the 3D Lights program. Please help

Lewis-A2A
May 29th, 2012, 07:35
Have you tried restarting the machine. The 3D Lights are just effect files, so if effect files are crashing your machine it should be happening across the board and not just with the 3d ones. My experience as a techie with your BSOD points towards bad memory or bad sectors.

(Personal experience; Page fault in non paged area does tend to be a memory related system issue, nightmere to troubleshoot but,... since I stopped using generic RAM and use brand name I have never built a system for myself or customer that experiences these BSOD's.)

Jetmechanic
May 30th, 2012, 04:19
Thanks for the quick reply back. When i do get a blue screen after 30seconds my computer will restart on its own. If I had bad memory shouldnt i have this problem all the time. I have no problems with BF3 or internet.

Jetmechanic
May 30th, 2012, 05:18
I just did alittle more testing. flew the A2A P-51 and then some default aircraft with 3D lights and no problem yet. I usally have REX+ overdrive in the background. THis time i didnt and i didnt have blue screen. Could REX be my problem?

Lewis-A2A
May 30th, 2012, 08:06
Hello Jetmechanic,

I cannot comment on another developers product but REX seems to be very popular and used by many on here. I also believe they have there own support forums like we do. The memory issue if RAM related, can be troublesome to track down. It could be that you have a part of the memory that is bad and its only when this is used by the computer that issues occur. The age old trick is if running a few sticks of RAM, to try removing them so you only have one stick in at a time and then test. ...However I would try some more REX testing and then maybe consult them incase there is a known issue that you can patch or get a workaround for.

Sorry I cannot be of too much help here, though its on my list of things to get I do not own REX at this time.

thanks,
Lewis

Sieggie
May 30th, 2012, 09:11
You never mentioned your HW config. If you are running 32 windows you easily could be running out of memory. On my system it will do that randomly depending on how much of a load I put on the memory requirements. ie. lots of high detail in the plane and or the scenery will use more memory. As you fly along the system will try and allocate more and you may get the out of memory or just a blue screen depending on what ran out at that moment. It could even be something running in the background and not FSX that wanted or took memory that was already being used.

Dave

Jetmechanic
May 31st, 2012, 05:11
I just had a blue screen saying system service excemption then a restart of puter. I was flying the defualt 737 with 3D lights installed. Any ideas of whats going on with my puter.

Intel i7 CPU 960 @3.20GHz
8 GB RAM
windows 7 64bit
Nvidia gtx 470

Jetmechanic
May 31st, 2012, 05:49
I am having trouble installing Security Update for Windows (KB2676562). No matter if i save download then install the update does not install.