PDA

View Full Version : Fsx sp2 donationware and B-26 no Sound

Leopold
May 26th, 2012, 08:17
Hello,
I've download some donationware like the two F4F package, the blackburn rock and the antology corsair package, and the B25J, they're excellent but I'm on fsx acceleration so I ask you if they are any update for the exterior prop, the exterior glass, an the gauges, or if it's possible to recompile the mdl file with fsx SDK? It's impossible to use DXTBMP because they aren't any "prop.bmp".
I've download the update of the B26 and the fix but I have no sound. Should I download the fs9 version before the update?
Thanks a lot,
L.M

Leopold
May 27th, 2012, 00:06
Really nobody? :crybaby:

Rich
May 27th, 2012, 23:28
Hi Leopold, some points on your downloads, I think there is too much work to get them into FSX though I have the F4F working well enough as a Martlet working off Aircraft carriers, the ROC is not suitable the prop has a problem which is not fixable for FSX. I stick to British carrier aircraft plus a few US models used out of necessity as in WWII.

The missing sound is probably due to no sound files included maybe just aliased to another aircraft which you do'nt have.

If you have FSX Acceleration I would be looking at FSX aircraft that will work without problems.

A lot of Fs 2004 will work ok with a bit of effort I suspect given your age you do not have a lot of Fs experience, I would forget SDK's until you have mastered the basics, snoop around different forums to pick up tips there are plenty around. Do'nt try to hide your age be sensible with your questions.

Hello,
I've download some donationware like the two F4F package, the blackburn rock and the antology corsair package, and the B25J, they're excellent but I'm on fsx acceleration so I ask you if they are any update for the exterior prop, the exterior glass, an the gauges, or if it's possible to recompile the mdl file with fsx SDK? It's impossible to use DXTBMP because they aren't any "prop.bmp".
I've download the update of the B26 and the fix but I have no sound. Should I download the fs9 version before the update?
Thanks a lot,
L.M

Leopold
May 28th, 2012, 08:35
Thanks for your reply. I just found a true FSX sp2 FM2. For the blackburn roc, I haven't found anything, I was first looking for a boulton Paul defiant. I found a B-25J too. I have found no F4F3s, sorry, because I was verry interest in this plane.
I'm agree with you, I haven't a lot of experience, I only play at FSX for three or four years, but I'm very interest in warbirds.
For the sound, it's stange, because on the Sound.cfg, it's wroten: Sound=Douglas dc3 Sound, and I have no Sound, but on an other plane, it's wroten too and I have no sound.
Thanks,
L.M