PDA

View Full Version : FSD GLV2000 MFD?

falcon409
May 24th, 2012, 18:16
Just wondering what the overall opinion is of this latest offering from FlightSim Developers. The price is certainly more than reasonable, but is it something that will add to the flight experience or is it just a rehash of other GPS/Moving Map gauges?

falcon409
May 25th, 2012, 12:44
Ooooooooooooooook, lol. . . .I'm gonna take this as a "Don't Bother", lol. That's just what I wanted to know. Even at the advertised price, I don't need to spend money on something that will get little or no use. Think I'll look at FSCommander_9.2 instead.:salute:

Dain Arns
May 25th, 2012, 19:01
Heck, I never even heard about it until you posted. :redface:
http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/GLV2000/

Looks like a nice replacement for the default FS GPS
Reading the manual quickly, looks like you can add waypoints to a flight plan enroute easy enough.
LNAV and VNAV autopilot functions.
Shows airstrips with fuel available.
Easy to use panel config interface.
Guessing it's pop up only.
Price is pretty good.

I might have to bite on this and give it a go.
Link to the manual here:
http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/GLV2000/Pilot%20Handbook.pdf

DX-FMJ
May 25th, 2012, 20:44
Expect problems if you use fsforce.

As anyone that uses fsforce knows, it enters a trim gauge entry into every aircraft, the next available [window] section, but fsforce addes this window section at the end of
the panel.cfg.

This causes 'GLV2000 Control Center' app to not be able to add the gauge to the panel.cfg. You would have to either a) delete the fsforce trim gauge entries save and try to
use the GLV2000 app to add the gauge to the aircraft, or b) just add the gauge entry after fsforce trim gauge sections.

I have posted this problem in the FSD forums but someone on the staff deleted my thread even after thanking me and stating a 'thanks for the info we will look into this issue'.
Um where did my thread go, lol? Yeah I don't know whats up with that :mixedsmi:

Tim @ FSD says he doesn't even remember (posted about a week ago mind you) me posting about this issue even tho he answered the thread?

Other then that its a great product and works well, but I am weary of the support. :kilroy:

Dain Arns
May 25th, 2012, 20:54
Expect problems if you use fsforce.

As anyone that uses fsforce knows, it enters a trim gauge entry into every aircraft, the next available [window] section, but fsforce addes this window section at the end of
the panel.cfg.

This causes 'GLV2000 Control Center' app to not be able to add the gauge to the panel.cfg. You would have to either a) delete the fsforce trim gauge entries save and try to
use the GLV2000 app to add the gauge to the aircraft, or b) just add the gauge entry after fsforce trim gauge sections.

I have posted this problem in the FSD forums but someone on the staff deleted my thread even after thanking me and stating a 'thanks for the info we will look into this issue'.
Um where did mythread go, lol? Yeah I don't know whats up with that :mixedsmi:

Tim @ FSD says he doesn't even remember (posted about a week ago mind you) me posting about this issue even tho he answered the thread?

Other then that its a great product and works well, but I am weary of the support. :kilroy:

That's great info to know, as I rely on FS Force.
I'll have to pass then, I have way too many aircraft to have to sit and enter all that gauge info in manually. :isadizzy:

n4gix
May 26th, 2012, 14:57
How is FSForces's mistake suddenly FSD's problem? Or, maybe I'm just not seeing the problem?