PDA

View Full Version : Pima Air & Space Museum

hawkeye52
May 24th, 2012, 18:12
If you are wandering out Arizona-way, you really ought to stop in here! You can also tour the Bone Yard "across-the-street" at Davis-Monthan. If you have another day, mosey on over to Green Valley and visit the only remaining Titan launch complex (underground). Better be sure you have at least a 4 GB card and lotsa batteries!

- H52

luckydog
May 24th, 2012, 19:10
Sha-Zam !!

limjack
May 24th, 2012, 19:11
WOW, I need to go there! Looks like I need to plan another road trip. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Panther_99FS
May 24th, 2012, 20:45
I was stationed at DM for 9yrs....problem was, I wasn't really into photography back then....:isadizzy:

modelr
May 25th, 2012, 19:29
My, they have really cleaned up the aircraft parking area since the last time I was there, around 1990.

Excellent shot.

I had a camera with me, used a couple rolls of film. Some of the pics are actually useable.

The main thing was seeing some of the actual aircraft a lot of us remember from history, such as the all aluminum B-52, which is one of the X-15 mother ships, as well as the X-15B/C. The XF-107, 2 of NASA's "Vomit Express" negative G/Zero Gravity aircraft, and many more that I can't remember. And a lot of these used to be open, so you could look thru the interiors, bomb bays, and gear wells.

Jagdflieger
May 26th, 2012, 09:44
I've got to scan all my photos from two trips there into digits some day.

It's a great place to visit and if you've got time, there are also other great attractions to visit like the movie set town, Old Tucson, the Sonora Desert Museum and a couple of National Parks in the area.