PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Pilot at the printer's !!!!

Francois
May 24th, 2012, 00:24
I haven't been on these forums for nearly 8 weeks. Reason: too much work !

Work on getting the NEW Computer Pilot Magazine re-organized and filled with articles, and work on getting our brand new website (http://www.computerpilot.com) up and running. It hasn't been an easy battle these past 8 weeks, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Our very FIRST NEW issue of Computer Pilot Magazine is at the printers and will ship to subscribers next week !!! Yay! So now I'll have a bit of time again to read the forums and tend to my own business...... Hudson still 'in the wait' ! ;-)

UKMIL
May 24th, 2012, 02:26
nice to see the UKMIL Bucc featured:salute:

Francois
May 24th, 2012, 04:35
Yup !!! :-)

THibben
May 24th, 2012, 06:19
Hi Francois,

I have subscribed to Computer Pilot on several occasions but I don't have it now. The reason I don't get it anymore is I have a lot of trouble reading colored print on colored back ground. This is used quite a bit and my 78 year old eyes just can't handle it anymore. I always thought the content was good.

Just thought I would give you my thoughts,

Thanks,

Tom Hibben

crashaz
May 24th, 2012, 06:23
Yay! Now I get to read the subscription I paid for months ago... (right before it was bought). LOL! Congrats Francois!!! :applause:

Francois
May 24th, 2012, 11:53
Hi Francois,

I have subscribed to Computer Pilot on several occasions but I don't have it now. The reason I don't get it anymore is I have a lot of trouble reading colored print on colored back ground. This is used quite a bit and my 78 year old eyes just can't handle it anymore. I always thought the content was good.

Just thought I would give you my thoughts,

Thanks,

Tom Hibben

Hi Tom, we've done away as much as we can with the coloured on coloured, and print over pictures too. (I have the same problem with websites myself..... ).

In future issues it will be gone altogether. We'll be making lots of changes to the mag going forward, and we received many great suggestions and proposals from (ex)readers these past few weeks.

Cannot change everything and all at once, but we'll get there this year!

fsxar177
May 24th, 2012, 12:48
Francois,
Am excited to see the cover! We're looking forward to it with great expectation!

Joseph

stiz
May 24th, 2012, 13:57
Is it now a flight sim mag with a few advertisments, or an advertisment mag with a few flight sim bits?? I know bills have to paid but the thing that put me off the most were the amount of adds, seemed like every page you were bombarded with em! :monkies:

Lionheart
May 24th, 2012, 14:19
Looking great Francois!

Congrats.....

Bill

THibben
May 24th, 2012, 18:52
Hi Tom, we've done away as much as we can with the coloured on coloured, and print over pictures too. (I have the same problem with websites myself..... ).

In future issues it will be gone altogether. We'll be making lots of changes to the mag going forward, and we received many great suggestions and proposals from (ex)readers these past few weeks.

Cannot change everything and all at once, but we'll get there this year!

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will just have to subscribe again.

Tom

limjack
May 24th, 2012, 19:07
Good to hear :applause::applause::applause:!!!! Looking forward to the new issue.

Cheers

Jim

ShawnG
May 27th, 2012, 06:17
Wow, didn't realize that CP had changed hands. (was wondering where it went actually) congratulations Francois on the new venture! If I can make one request; since the demise of Borders and my purchase of an iPad, I rarely read paper magazines anymore. At some point if you could team up with either Zinio, or create an Apple Newsstand edition, that would ensure my continued readership. Just a PDF copy if necessary, or a full interactive version would be amazing! understand these things take time, appreciate anything you could do.

Francois
May 27th, 2012, 09:33
Is it now a flight sim mag with a few advertisments, or an advertisment mag with a few flight sim bits?? I know bills have to paid but the thing that put me off the most were the amount of adds, seemed like every page you were bombarded with em! :monkies:

In the current issue there are ...... counting........ 6 (SIX !) ads, of which 2 are our own. That's on 84 pages !
That, frankly, is not sustainable and we'll have more in future.

But to answer your question: we were as much appalled by the last issues as many of our readers and have refrained from adding a ton of 'own' advertising. We have our website for that ;-) So yes, it's an FS mag with some hard needed ads in it.

Of course, the more subscribers we have, the less ads we need ! :wavey:

Francois
May 27th, 2012, 09:34
Wow, didn't realize that CP had changed hands. (was wondering where it went actually) congratulations Francois on the new venture! If I can make one request; since the demise of Borders and my purchase of an iPad, I rarely read paper magazines anymore. At some point if you could team up with either Zinio, or create an Apple Newsstand edition, that would ensure my continued readership. Just a PDF copy if necessary, or a full interactive version would be amazing! understand these things take time, appreciate anything you could do.

We have an iPad 'app' under development. Will probably be ready towards the end of the year. :salute: