PDA

View Full Version : I have an announcment...

Rami
December 27th, 2008, 08:12
No, I'm not a three-time dad just yet. That's probably in March. :costumes:

To all,

Sopwith was generous enough to lend me space in his Paintshop, and I now have a place for my campaign reworks. All of the campaigns have been or will be uploaded in their final form.

This means they will NEVER be touched again, and have the following adjustments:

1) Suggestions from EC_ILO that all non-player flights be hidden, including ships and vehicles. You will have to let the mission unfold without the "sneak-peak" of opening up the mission info screen.

2) All ships and aircraft flights are named.

3) Bomber and fighter designations have been fixed.

4) .dp files and other tweaks have been added to fix AI aircraft with no ordinance, and the elimination of "attack with all weapons," which has proven problematic.

5) Another suggestion by EC_ILO, in which all non-player aircraft do not attempt to take off and land, it eliminates crashes.

6) Improved airbase layouts, cutting out a lot of the excess "junk" that cluttered the bases and slashed framerates.

7) Correct airbase layouts. Russian airbases use Russian equipment, for example.

8) Improved mission texts.

9) Period-appropriate aircraft usage. This is particularly true for the Leningrad and Finnish campaigns, which now use the Yakovlev Yak-9 as opposed to the Yak-3.

10) Finally, using a more "standard" mix of downloads which reduces the amount of downloads required, and also the amount of objects needed to include with a campaign.

Here you go: http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Rami%27s+CFS2+campaigns+section

Enjoy! :wavey:

BTW...If anyone speaks Spanish or is a "I Love Lucy" fan, I posted this thread in the Cantina: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6729

Jagdflieger
December 27th, 2008, 10:47
Another reason to visit Sopwith's site more often!

Hern07
December 27th, 2008, 11:47
Fantastic! Reg's Hanger was ok, but I am glad to see you with Sopwith. You two will make a great team. :greenbo:

thicko
December 27th, 2008, 15:58
Looks Good, Rami!
Cheers Thicko

alpha_1
December 28th, 2008, 02:26
Know how hard you've worked on this stuff and I for one am very grateful to you for your efforts. I have a new 'puter capable of running these and I'm really looking forward to them all.

Season's best to you and your family:ernae:

Devildog73
December 28th, 2008, 05:52
I'm getting an OOPS no matter whether I use the link or go to the site and follow the link from their.

I will see if it comes back up later today or tomorrow.

I can tell you all this; Rami has done some remarkable work on modding my Tuskegee Airmen missions and campaigns. The FPS are much friendlier and he has "energized" the missions.

We are almost done with the final campaign missions. I just sent Rami number 87 this AM, flown on 9 December 1944 in the new P-51D. The war ends in a few months.

miamieagle
December 28th, 2008, 10:52
Thank you for the head up Information!:ernae:

hewman100
December 29th, 2008, 02:59
Right, this calls for a clearout of the 'Originals' to ensure I've got all the Final results.

Many thanks to you both for making these available all in one place!

PomBee
December 29th, 2008, 04:30
Great stuff. SC's site is always a great place to visit, so now it's even better.

Well done

PomBee.:ernae:

PSULLYKEYS
December 31st, 2008, 10:40
Fantastic!!! Great News Rami, and Kudos to SC for his generosity!!!:applause:

Rami
January 4th, 2009, 16:53
Now that I have the Poland update finished....(I still need to beta test it)

I took a final stock of the CFS2 OstFront. After complete renovations, there are a total of 273 missions in 13 individual campaigns from various developers, with three more that you can fly as joint campaigns.

Not to mention a total of 134 airbases from SdC, Ajax, Achim, and Canion!

There also a (cough) decent collection of aircraft and a complete library of Russian equipment!

Not too shabby, eh? :ernae:

I need to go into the Med for a week or so, I promised a good friend I'd work on something for him. (shuffling)....damn....where did I put that sand filter? :typing: