PDA

View Full Version : ADE help needed.

XLR8
May 23rd, 2012, 07:55
I had to reinstall OS and everything else after some hardware problems. I installed FSX, Acceleration,SDK,sdksp1, and ADE. ADE works fine, but apparently its not saving it or FSX is not loading it.

So is the BGL Compiler SDK folder the place to save the airport after editing it. Usually after the airport is compiled and saved, when I run FSX I get a loading bar loading the scenery. This bar is not showing up.

Is there a way to check or redo the ADE application setup without reinstalling the program.

One last thing, I did not install FSX SP1 prior to acceleration, as I usually do. I read that acceleration has both service packs.

roger-wilco-66
May 23rd, 2012, 08:45
Which OS? Where is ADE and FSX / FSX SDK located on your disk (folders)?

Cheers,
Mark

XLR8
May 23rd, 2012, 10:37
Windows 7 64. Folders located c/programs/x86 Microsoft Games/. Both applications are in the same place.

Sieggie
May 23rd, 2012, 11:10
If you are compiling into the ADE work directory, you will need to move the bgl into an active scenery directory for FSX to find and use it. If you have changed an airport height it is possible that ADE added a bgl into the scenery\world directory and this is not allowing the new bgl to be recognized. For me, ADE was automatically creating bgls and putting them at places I did not expect until I reconfigured it to stop doing that. This caused confusion as changes did not appear to show up even though the compile process seemed to work and the new bgl was copied to the place I thought it should be. It had to do with ADE trying to help when it shouldn't be.

Dave

XLR8
May 23rd, 2012, 11:27
I found what I thought the problem was. I didn't have framework installed. You would have thought update would have caught this. Anyways after installing and upadting windows including net framewok it still don't work. So should I just reinstall ADE now that everything is updated or should it still work after the update.