PDA

View Full Version : Helldiver

Helldiver
May 22nd, 2012, 05:58
Does anybody knw the status of Razbam's SB2C Helldiver? Is it dead?

roger-wilco-66
May 22nd, 2012, 08:27
As far as I know it's not dead. Last thing I heard from Ron was that they were working on the VC. They posted some render images of it on their facebook-site a few weeks ago.
I also hardly can wait for this one.

Cheers,
Mark

Helldiver
May 22nd, 2012, 10:48
Whats a facebook site? Why don't they show it on a FSX site. Them pimply faced kids on facebook don't even know what an airplane is.

fsxar177
May 22nd, 2012, 10:59
Whats a facebook site? Why don't they show it on a FSX site. Them pimply faced kids on facebook don't even know what an airplane is.

Must add my amen to that!

Joseph

Prowler1111
May 22nd, 2012, 12:18
..er...the youngest "pimple face" at our FB page is around 30 yrs old...:-)
Our FB page is more active than our forums, which happen to be support forums (no matter how hard i tried to make them an everyday stop)
I know, not everyone is into Facebook, but it keeps us in contact with customers/fans, get some aircraft chatter and also, itīs easier to monitor.

Regarding the Helldiver, the Virtual Cockpit is running late, but at a steady pace, itīs whats really missing

BTW, there are quite a bit of current/former naval aviation pilots over there, some with SEA time and Gulf War I time as well..i wouldnt dare to call them "pimple face", lol

Best regards

Prowler

JAllen
May 22nd, 2012, 12:24
Helldiver, maybe they are tired of ...

There are 900 million "pimply faced" kids on Facebook. Well said, sir.

hairyspin
May 22nd, 2012, 12:35
Perhaps some of these pimply kids will learn something about aircraft there. Can't stand the thing myself.

fsxar177
May 22nd, 2012, 13:35
Our FB page is more active than our forums, which happen to be support forums (no matter how hard i tried to make them an everyday stop)
I know, not everyone is into Facebook, but it keeps us in contact with customers/fans, get some aircraft chatter and also, itīs easier to monitor.

Regarding the Helldiver, the Virtual Cockpit is running late, but at a steady pace, itīs whats really missing

BTW, there are quite a bit of current/former naval aviation pilots over there, some with SEA time and Gulf War I time as well..i wouldnt dare to call them "pimple face", lol

Best regards

Prowler

I must say my comments are all in good fun! I had to laugh, the youngest pimple face on the FB site is 30...hehehe.
Thanks prowler.

Joseph

roger-wilco-66
May 22nd, 2012, 14:58
Thanks for the h/u Prowler!

BTW my face lost it's few pimples at least 30 years ago. Maybe that's why I'm on Facebook.
I like the RAZBAM site on FB, it's full of activity and informations!

Cheers,
Mark

AussieMan
May 22nd, 2012, 22:52
Helldiver, I am on Facebook and at 65 I am only about 15 years younger than you

hey_moe
May 23rd, 2012, 03:20
Hey HD...I got those pimples now and I go to Facebook all da time. Get with the program ya old fart...he...he. If ya like I can start sending ya copies of new released info on planes in big letters so you can see them >>> grins....Mike BTW, have ya twitter yet?:icon_lol:

Helldiver
May 23rd, 2012, 06:50
Ain't no counting on some peoples taste, as the guy said when he kissed the cow.
My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure and I keep away from Face book, Twitter and other such evils.
Never underestimate the idiocy of vast numbers of people.
I'm glad to see so many folks agreeing with me.

Daube
May 23rd, 2012, 07:14
I would be on Helldiver's side on this topic.
Keeping all your news on Facebook instead of your official website sucks, because those who are not registered on Facebook simply cannot access the Razbam page, while everybody can access the webpage.

Having an up-to-date Facebook page next to an up-to-date website is fine.
Having an up-to-date Facebook page next to an outdated website is useless.

OleBoy
May 23rd, 2012, 07:42
Facebook. Not in my lifetime.

Gossip, drama, and everything not needed, added to daily lifestyles. Another form of waste. It has one hell of a vacuum effect. Doesn't it.

SkippyBing
May 23rd, 2012, 08:48
Yeah, I'm sticking to face to face conversation and semaphore. There's no future in this telephonic communication I tell you...

fsxar177
May 23rd, 2012, 09:01
Facebook for some of us = faceplant

bushpilot
May 23rd, 2012, 09:19
Since this thread is the official "opinion about facebook "-thread, I'll just leave this here:

Roadburner440
May 23rd, 2012, 10:18
Bushpilot that picture is to funny.. Like the end comment. I am sure if we actually sent someone back in time that is exactly what would be said in response to the current times...

Sieggie
May 23rd, 2012, 11:20
Yeah, I'm sticking to face to face conversation and semaphore. There's no future in this telephonic communication I tell you...

Semaphore, --. . - .-. . .- ..-. -- --- .-. ... . .. ... - .... . .-- .- -.-- - --- --. --- :jump:

Dave

Geomitrak
May 23rd, 2012, 13:18
Semaphore, --. . - .-. . .- ..-. -- --- .-. ... . .. ... - .... . .-- .- -.-- - --- --. --- :jump:

Dave

At the risk of being a pedant, that is Morse, not Semaphore.

Lateral-G
May 23rd, 2012, 15:01
Since this thread is the official "opinion about facebook "-thread, I'll just leave this here:

Now THAT is fraken' funny!

Wittpilot
May 23rd, 2012, 16:42

Best regards

Prowler

Prowler.... I run the Liberty Foundation Page and we find it EXTREMELY useful. It is FREE advertising... It costs nothing more than my time, and really doesn't take a lot of that either! It is an easy way for everyone to share their experiences AND whenever we update our schedule, we post it, and it posts right to your newsfeed..... I think it's a very useful tool if you use it properly.

www.facebook.libertyfoundation.org

-witt

N2056
May 23rd, 2012, 16:53
"Never underestimate the idiocy of vast numbers of people."

I want to get that on a tee shirt! :applause:

Sieggie
May 23rd, 2012, 17:38
At the risk of being a pedant, that is Morse, not Semaphore.

Clearly you did not decode it :)

Dave

FlameOut
May 23rd, 2012, 17:49
... Gossip, drama, ...

The women sure do love it ... [ Facebook ]

... I'm sticking to face to face conversation ...

When I come into our lounge where I work, almost all of the folks in there are looking down and "fingering" those little "texting machines"! And it is very quite...no eyeball to eyeball contact... jeez :isadizzy:

...telagraph, telephone, tell-a-woman....

:a1451:

wombat666
May 23rd, 2012, 20:23
"Never underestimate the idiocy of vast numbers of people."

+110%.
The three plagues of the internet, Facebook, Twitter and E-Bay!
:a1451:

Geomitrak
May 24th, 2012, 00:59
Clearly you did not decode it :)

Dave

You're right, I didn't.

... --- .-. .-. -.--

:ernae:

stansdds
May 24th, 2012, 03:00
I'm on FaceBook, but it is certainly not my primary means of communication, besides, who wants to see a bowl of Cherrie-O's? I can see it would be a good advertising outlet, but if I am not at my home computer I cannot access it. Developers who abandon websites in favor of FB cut guys like me out of the equation.

Warhawk1130
May 24th, 2012, 03:33
I'm on FaceBook, but it is certainly not my primary means of communication, besides, who wants to see a bowl of Cherrie-O's? I can see it would be a good advertising outlet, but if I am not at my home computer I cannot access it. Developers who abandon websites in favor of FB cut guys like me out of the equation.

Stan, in the case of Razbam, they have not abandoned their site, I have used it myself as of late, and received replies. The website is still under construction. While looking through the forums I see old stuff...it seems to me the majority went to FB because it was the popular method of communicating and I see it is.

I suggest the developers "double post" to their websites anything they post on FB to cover the bases. I will volunteer to be the RAZBAM liaison if Ron needs me. I know they are VERY busy on about 5 different models (perhaps more) over there.

Bone
May 24th, 2012, 05:55

I'm on Facebook, and I'm pushing 20,000 hours as an airline pilot. I have around 400 fellow professional aviators on my Facebook friends list that have flown planes and travelled the world for the majority of their adult lives. I dare say they know a hell of a lot more about flying than you do, Mr. Helldiver.

Ain't no counting on some peoples taste, as the guy said when he kissed the cow.
My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure and I keep away from Face book, Twitter and other such evils.
Never underestimate the idiocy of vast numbers of people.
I'm glad to see so many folks agreeing with me.

The truth is I've read more idiotic comments from you here on SOH than I've ever read from my friends on Facebook.

Helldiver
May 24th, 2012, 06:51
I glad to hear that Facebook accounts for something. It now causes for 30% of all divorces.
That's something to be proud of.

JAllen
May 24th, 2012, 07:01
I'm on Facebook, and I'm pushing 20,000 hours as an airline pilot. I have around 400 fellow professional aviators on my Facebook friends list that have flown planes and travelled the world for the majority of their adult lives. I dare say they know a hell of a lot more about flying than you do, Mr. Helldiver.

The truth is I've read more idiotic comments from you here on SOH than I've ever read from my friends on Facebook.

Agree with you Bone. I am soon to be 66 and so wish my elders would learn to be more respectful of others. Some remarks are giving seniors a bad name. But I fear, in a few years I will become just like him. I sure hope instead, my latest years will give something positive to the community.

I think this thread should be terminated before it gets uglier.

Sieggie
May 24th, 2012, 07:24
I glad to hear that Facebook accounts for something. It now causes for 30% of all divorces.

not a lot different then saying people die in hospitals so hospitals are bad.

Dave

Daveroo
May 24th, 2012, 07:39
Facebook. Not in my lifetime.

Gossip, drama, and everything not needed, added to daily lifestyles. Another form of waste. It has one hell of a vacuum effect. Doesn't it.

only if you allow it to be that way....i have a facebook page..i admit ive tried to delete it many times...that seems to be something that is impossible..so i just went with the flow and use it now for chat..but bottomline?..do not post pics..especailly stupid incriminating ones,,idiots...and dont say stupid things..do not type in...god my boss is a "mule" i hate him....he may read it...use you head..and use it as a tool..and facebook is fine...act stupidly..and facebook will burn ya backside

BTW..im soon to turn 50 (july 6th) and i woke up with a mean angry red pimple on the ti of my nose this morning.........ack....it hurts.....:blind:

heywooood
May 24th, 2012, 07:44
too late for this thread...very poor reflection on those who would upbraid an uninformed person on a personal viewpoint - no matter how ill-stated it was

Bone
May 24th, 2012, 07:59
too late for this thread...very poor reflection on those who would upbraid an uninformed person on a personal viewpoint - no matter how ill-stated it was

If I didn't know any better, I'd say I just got upbraided by you, lol. Normally I don't care about what Helldiver says, it's of no consequence to me and my life. I've got it good, and I've worked hard and smart to get it that way. I'll give you a win for the concept that I should have just skipped over Helldivers comments (I did bite my tongue for awhile, though). Yes, I should have skipped over them. However, I will disagree with the concept that an uninformed person can make very ill stated comments that are insulting to everyone who makes a particular choice, and that those comments are OK because it's a personal viewpoint.

This is all just internet enhancement to living life, it's not life itself. No worries, and no skin off of my back. :)

heywooood
May 24th, 2012, 08:27
If I didn't know any better, I'd say I just got upbraided by you, lol. Normally I don't care about what Helldiver says, it's of no consequence to me and my life. I've got it good, and I've worked hard and smart to get it that way. I'll give you a win for the concept that I should have just skipped over Helldivers comments (I did bite my tongue for awhile, though). Yes, I should have skipped over them. However, I will disagree with the concept that an uninformed person can make very ill stated comments that are insulting to everyone who makes a particular choice, and that those comments are OK because it's a personal viewpoint.

This is all just internet enhancement to living life, it's not life itself. No worries, and no skin off of my back. :)

well my point was more to the overall tone and direction of the thread - I apologize for making it seem more directed at any one person than another Bone - you are a most level headed person from what I have seen on this forum, I guess I'm no better at stating my position on things than anyone else lol...and I agree to your point about life and the internet - they should call it the outernet, then maybe people wouldn't take so much of it to heart

UnknownGuest12
May 24th, 2012, 09:09
No facebook or similar.
Like it private, no need to make my life public...

With you all the way Helldiver:medals:

SkippyBing
May 24th, 2012, 09:21
No facebook or similar.
Like it private, no need to make my life public...

With you all the way Helldiver:medals:

And yet you've posted that on a publicly viewable forum with your age and location, which is way more than you get from my facebook page if I don't know you...

Bone
May 24th, 2012, 09:49
I know the thread started with a query about the Helldiver model, but Helldiver himself switched gears into Facebook, and a number of others leaped on the bandwagon. I would like to say something about Facebook, but don't get me wrong, I'm not all about Facebook. I have alot of interests, so please allow some thoughts here.

It's OK to not have a Facebook account, because it comes down to a personal choice to have it or not. But, not having one because you need to make your life private has nothing to do with what Facebook is. It's like saying you'll never fly on a plane because all planes crash. Well, some planes crash, just like some some people put naked pictures of themselves on Facebook. People on Facebook will only see and read what you put on there. It's simple: if you don't want people to see it, then don't post it. It's just like SOH, people will see and read what you put on here. As a matter of fact, SOH is far more public than Facebook. ANYONE can put the www.sim-outhouse.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/) in their computer URL block and see all of the pictures and comments here. On Facebook, if you only want your selected friends to see your page, then they will be the only ones to see anything you put in there. If you only want five family members to be Facebook friends, then only those five people will see or read anything you post. If you want to set it up for the whole world to see, then you can do that, too.

SOH is a social site just like Facebook, with the exception that you can download things from SOH. One thing to keep in mind is that if you don't have any real life friends, then starting a Facebook page won't do you any good. It will just be you on there, unless you go to the Razbam, Milviz, A2A, Iris, Metal-To-Mesh (Roland Laborie of Mirage freeware fame), as well as many others and click 'like' on those pages. If you like flight sim and don't have Facebook, you're missing out on a whole new facet of flight simming social networking.

In a nutshell, If you want to be a Facebook hater, then fine, HATE AWAY!, lol. If you're a Facebook hater because you need to keep your life private and you don't like kids with pimples, then you're hating it for reasons that really are invalid.

EDIT: While I was writing this, SkippyBing put in the previous remark. Evidently, him and I had some of the same thoughts, lol.

peter12213
May 24th, 2012, 10:26
I can't undertsand it personally, but my Father does not do technology at all! No mobile, No computers or anything remotely like that so I completely understand where you guys are coming from it does offend some people's beliefs or other factors of which i'm sure we all understand. However if you do make a facebook account even just for fsx purposes alone, you don't have to enter alot of personal info and you need not ever have any friends or followers on it, but what you can do just by clicking a button become a member of a group and have input on almost every major developers projects both present and future. What it also bring's is the ability to speak "real time" in dicussions with people you don't nessessarly know but your still able to have a laugh about that aircraft you used to fly or whatever, it simply opens up new opportunities and gives you something to do during the day. :salute:

Wittpilot
May 24th, 2012, 11:07
Bone,
I just wanted to voice that I agree with you 100%. I don't think people realize that try as you might, information is out there. It is not hard to find out my real name... Hell I will tell you straight up my last name is Drain. And if you look me up, you can find my address,wife's name, how much my house is worth, how big it is, the names of my parents.... It's all out there. It's just a matter of not being stupid!! Which by the way, does NOT depend on your age as some here would hhave you believe.

Witt., Warbird & Aviation enthusiast who can walk and use Facebook at the same time!!!

UnknownGuest12
May 24th, 2012, 16:18
And yet you've posted that on a publicly viewable forum with your age and location, which is way more than you get from my facebook page if I don't know you...

Yeh, and I may add Iīm a male.....this is quite a lot of information about "my life"...

and really, this doesn't matter at all...:wavey:

SkippyBing
May 24th, 2012, 23:52
Yeh, and I may add Iīm a male.....this is quite a lot of information about "my life"...

and really, this doesn't matter at all...:wavey:

You don't even get that from my facebook if you know me! Obviously my page is broken as it doesn't appear to be broadcasting all the intimate details of my life or causing me to get divorced....

stansdds
May 25th, 2012, 03:20
Stan, in the case of Razbam, they have not abandoned their site, I have used it myself as of late, and received replies. The website is still under construction. While looking through the forums I see old stuff...it seems to me the majority went to FB because it was the popular method of communicating and I see it is.

I suggest the developers "double post" to their websites anything they post on FB to cover the bases. I will volunteer to be the RAZBAM liaison if Ron needs me. I know they are VERY busy on about 5 different models (perhaps more) over there.

Posting on both the website and FB should satisfy everyone! Thank you.:applause:

stansdds
May 25th, 2012, 03:23

Odds are there was intent to commit acts that would lead to a divorce and it would have happened regardless of the existence of FaceBook.

By the way, 100% of divorces begin with marriage. Now there's a statistic that no one can argue against. :icon_lol:

Warhawk1130
May 25th, 2012, 09:41
Posting on both the website and FB should satisfy everyone! Thank you.:applause:

That was my point...As soon as Ron grants moderator status, I will post everything to the RAZBAM forum that was posted to FB. thanks, Stan.

roger-wilco-66
June 6th, 2012, 11:48
h/u

Ron posted some WIP images of the cockpit on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114149571850/

My credit card is ready!!

Cheers,
Mark

Roger
June 6th, 2012, 13:58
h/u

Ron posted some WIP images of the cockpit on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114149571850/

My credit card is ready!!

Cheers,
Mark

Mine too!

Pips
June 6th, 2012, 14:47
There's bound to be a very long line-up for this baby!

Warhawk1130
June 6th, 2012, 18:17
with that said, drool away!

Warhawk1130
June 8th, 2012, 16:48
another update...no comments?

FlameOut
June 8th, 2012, 17:55
Looks great so far!

If I may speak for Helldiver , please hurry , he ain't getting any younger !:applause: :USA-flag: :birthday2

Warhawk1130
June 8th, 2012, 19:01
Looks great so far!

If I may speak for Helldiver , please hurry , he ain't getting any younger !:applause: :USA-flag: :birthday2

None of us are.....

Barnes
June 8th, 2012, 22:53
It will be great to have a different aircraft - im so Mustanged out at the moment!!:isadizzy:

YoYo
November 18th, 2013, 23:06
Some of new shots:

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1474391_546582282095081_109647348_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1467432_546582315428411_1567315202_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos_stream

Firekitten
November 18th, 2013, 23:19
That is a nice looking bird! I look forward to it :)

And as for the old-timer facebookfear.... Guys, its absolutely fine... You don't need to add much info if any, and 99% of it can stay private, you don't even need your real name! Relax... As for facebook now causing 30% of all divorce? Yeah ok... but I suspect the people caught would have been caught using another medium if it wasn't there... think about that. Facebook, like any forum, is as dangerous as you make it... treat it with respect, and its not even worth caring about.
I've had an account since my first year at university.... I've not been murdered, mugged, raped, divorced, stalked or had custard pies thrown at me yet! That's some batting average apparently if you believe you lot!

roger-wilco-66
November 18th, 2013, 23:33
Thanks for the head up, I'm glad that they're still at it. The Helldiver is on top of my list for a long time now... among a certain B-25 and P-39...

Cheers,
Mark

hae5904
November 19th, 2013, 00:25
Gents don't be misled.
The latest screenshots you'd seen were only the externel model flown inside P3D !
There still no VC.

Sorry!
Hank

Helldiver
November 19th, 2013, 13:19
That certainly a nice picture of the Helldiver. However the gunner never released the seat. He's sitting too low The ring should be visible above the coming and his head is about level with the canopy. The way he's sitting, he could not hit the ass end out of a turkey.
Bone, I haven't hit anyway near 20,000 hours. I only had 1740 hours in various Navy aircraft, principally SB2Cs. Add to that 1280 hours on my Skyranger and Stinson 108-2. All of them being prop planes.
But my business life probably took me 40,000 hours, starting with DC-7 and Connies, then going to Oil Burners that fly so high you never can see where you are.
As for Facebook and Twitter, Dr. Phil is on both of them and it don't get much better than that.

Helldiver
November 20th, 2013, 03:47
I made some modifications to the only picture I have ever seen of Razbam's SB2C. Now I'm no artist but did as I as good as these shaky old hands could do. But it shows how high the gunner would be. The guns would about 5 inches above the rear canopy. No one use the single fifty. It was cumbersome, and didn't have the rate of fire and would knock all your filling out. The twin thirties was the gun of choice. You got a bunch of bullets out where your opponent would hopefully fly into them. They go by so fast...
There was a hydraulic wobble pump on the starboard side, it had two positions. One was to move the rear canopy. the other was to raise the gunners seat. The seat was lowered by a bunch of bungee cords. I
f Razbam needs some further "expert"help on a Helldiver, I'd be glad to help.
In the mean time I would like to have my Helldiver picture back and get rid of that damn Pay Pal commercial, thank you.

TeaSea
November 20th, 2013, 15:36
Helldiver,

What kept a gunner from shooting his tail off?

gaucho_59
November 20th, 2013, 16:31
Helldiver,

What kept a gunner from shooting his tail off?

synchronization that makes it possible for fuselage mounted MGs and cannons to fire trough the propeller arc...
only this one stops firing long enough to bypass the vertical stabilizer when it is panned to track an enemy
aircraft on an aft cross-pass... in other words... firing through the propeller arc the shells are fired just before
or after the propeller passes the fixed gun barrels (synchronization)... conversely... the panning MG stops firing
when it passes the vertical fin... (and you can't fire through the horizontal stabilizers because the gun elevation
never goes below the horizon...

Helldiver
November 21st, 2013, 05:18
Not quite right. We could fire below the horizontal to the sides. The effectiveness of the gunner on SB2C and TBF was moot. Principally you worked the radio and radar, did some navigating, keeping track of the Carrier and most importantly, you kept the pilot awake.- Usually suffering a hangover.
In the jet age this is now done by an Officer, who doesn't have to share his seat with a couple of gun butts or stick his nose out in the cold breeze.
The pilots hated it when we ran gunnery practice. The turbulence we caused raised hell with the tail surfaces. The pilots preferred us to keep our canopy closed and be nice and quiet.
So they could sleep.

roger-wilco-66
November 21st, 2013, 05:48
ROFL!!! :chuncky:

misson
November 21st, 2013, 06:18
ROFL!!! :chuncky: Sorry for ask... but what ROFL does mean? my english isnt rich!
I saw this word a few times..

vora
November 21st, 2013, 06:38
Sorry for ask... but what ROFL does mean? my english isnt rich!
I saw this word a few times..

Rolling On the Floor, Laughing

misson
November 21st, 2013, 08:16
Rolling On the Floor, Laughing thank u!!!

Pips
November 21st, 2013, 15:55
Luv your comments Helldiver!

trucker17
November 21st, 2013, 16:04
must add my amen to that!

Joseph

ditto!!!!!

trucker17
November 21st, 2013, 16:10
Not quite right. We could fire below the horizontal to the sides. The effectiveness of the gunner on SB2C and TBF was moot. Principally you worked the radio and radar, did some navigating, keeping track of the Carrier and most importantly, you kept the pilot awake.- Usually suffering a hangover.
In the jet age this is now done by an Officer, who doesn't have to share his seat with a couple of gun butts or stick his nose out in the cold breeze.
The pilots hated it when we ran gunnery practice. The turbulence we caused raised hell with the tail surfaces. The pilots preferred us to keep our canopy closed and be nice and quiet.
So they could sleep.

Sounds like helldiver was one of them annoying gunners that kept the pilot from his nap......:emmersed:

P38man
November 21st, 2013, 17:06
Really interesting comments, Helldiver!

Thanks for sharing.