PDA

View Full Version : Jeez What is it with some people?

EasyEd
May 21st, 2012, 12:57
Hey All

From another site...

smoke fan wrote:
let me explain why the morning after the 48 team won this race,,, no one gives a crap..
it is because ,as good little preschoolers Chad and Jimmie have once again figured out how to win a stock car race doing as LITTLE racing as possible...as little EFFEORT... As little taking RISK... NO side by side because Jimmie doesn't like to be in position to have to deal with PASSING.. EVER.
AFTER the 48 car won tbe first section, doue to the fact that Charlotte motor speedway is one of the WORST tracks to race on since if a guy gets out front NO ONE CAN CATCH HIM unless he stayed out on old tires, and Chad and Jimmie know THIS SOOOOooo well because this is one of the secrets of why they WIN far too often on the hometrack of NASCAR.
NASCAR... you think you fixed it.. but in fact you HANDED the race to the 2 guys who REFUSE to RACE... it was the exact SAME as when these 2 would race to get the pole so they could peel off pit road to never be caught... complaining that he actually has to PASS guys as he laps them,, Jimmie Johnson is the MOST overated CRY BABY on the TRACK... you have figured out yet another way to HAND this cheater another million dollars,,, the LAST thing he needed,, but he is the most greedy guy on the track..
NASCAR,, here is some advice... take the first 5 pit stalls from ANYONE who qualifies in the top 10... do NOT let them have those pit stall.. races should NOT be won by starting position and pit selection at ANY tRACK.. THAT is NOT the side by side racing that fills your stands...
Admittedly the guys duking it out to win the next 3 sections of the race,, THAT was racing..but then you turn around and put the 48 car at the helm he cannot be picked off from.
I am just giving you advice to SAVE your sport... noticing how empty the stands were at Charlotte for a race that used to get sold out because it is CHEAP to watch the BEST... you need help and it is not trying to brain wash US to like this faux racing...
figure it out.. put the 48 cxar deep in the field and watch Chad try to use pit strategy to save Jimmie's pride as he cries cand needs a caution called ... QUIT favoring that daggone 48 team..
Another suggestion is to take the AVERAGE finish of the previous sections , put the winner of the first to the BACK each next section... then take the average of all the rest of the 4 sections and line them up that way... not handing the first CHICKEN who is afraid of side by side racing the position to win by NOT racing...
RACING is the key word.. not "stategy" that keeps any one driver from having to actually race.

Jeez some of what is suggested here sounds like Ute racing...

And what is this hate for Jimmie an Chad? Everybody knows they are perfect angels. (see attached)

Why don't people get that the whole point to racing is to use strategy so you don't have to race. That is the beauty of it. What do fans expect? Drivers fighting it out on every lap? That just makes racing about the pride of leading when today even winning the race isn't really what matters but the championship is. There was a time when the money that winning a race offered mattered to keep a team racing but any NASCAR team that is a front runner today simply does not need the money from winning. For example why risk a good chassis trying to win a race when that chassis may be the perfect one for Homestead when you need it? Every front running team is weighing risk and reward in terms of winning any particular race. If the risk is small go for the win otherwise protect your position in the points.

This is my opinion only but I think Jimmie and Chad are focused on history - 9 championships - then Chad will have Dale Inman beat and Jimmie will have Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty beat - then I suspect you may see them going for more individual race wins but until then it is all about championship winning strategy including using other races as tests. Any wins that happen - happen - but other than the 500 and perhaps a couple other tracks winning comes second to points preservation - depending. However a million is worth racing for and so they did - using strategy - and everyone can see what they are capable of.

Also look at most sports out there - it always comes down to the last little bit of any individual game/race - nba and hockey just watch the last 5 mins - you think Kobe wants to work hard the whole game? Not likely. Sure fans pay a lot of money to see an event - from their perspective - but think about it from Kobe's perspective - the price of a ticket is no more meaningful than a penny to him.

-Ed-

wombat666
May 21st, 2012, 18:26
Don't sweat it mate, you enjoy it so that's what counts.
After a quick skim through 'smoke fan's' post it would appear he's from the shallow end of the Gene Pool .......... :173go1:

Daveroo
May 21st, 2012, 19:12
given the chance tony would do the same....it blows my mind in how upset fans get..and yes..ive gone off the deepend..as ive seen some of you do on these same pages..when non-racing people say to me..whats in racing?..you just go in circles turning left....as an ex driver ( i know i know) i see it differantly...it was alot of work..off and on track..and i loved it,but i also cant give a good reason for them to watch...people like wombat or even cassie have things to say against nascar ( and lets face it,nascar is what were talking about) that make sense...i find myself reading wombats posts and think to myself..."why do i bother?..dude hes right..its a waist of time,theyre primadonna's and make way to much money for what they do,,,on and on".....BUT i can also say that about baseball,football and basketball which i personnaly dispise..and the Maloof brothers who own the sacramento kings are making me possitive i hate that game and the crooks involved....theyve "garunteed monitary backing" twice now for a new downtown sacramento arena..and then both times..didnt just back out..but rather said..."we never said that"...."you mis-heard us"........ok..im outta steam....

PRB
May 22nd, 2012, 03:31
That was dam funny. This "smoke fan" is not the only one complaining about the format, that allowed this "strategery" to play out. It was inevitable. These teams are not stupid. They will exploit whatever system of rules are placed in front of them. Perfectly natural. But I'm expecting some "tweaking" of the format next year. Remember 2002 or 2003, one of the rules was that you had to make a 4-tire stop under green during the first segment. Somebody, forget who now, made theirs on the last lap of the segment. They were the only car thar hadn't pitted yet, and it allowed them to get the lead. Nobody saw it coming. TV booth people were scratching thier head wondering when he was going to pit. It was great. And it was outlawed the next year... JJ does whine and moan when he has to pass lap cars though... :)

Terry
May 22nd, 2012, 03:54
Only the rules for the first segment should be given to the teams. When the segment is near the end crew chiefs should be given the rules for the next segment, etc. With limited knowledge of whats to come a grand strategy like Chad used is not possible. Remember when the fans could vote to reverse the starting order of a segment, that was normally fun to watch.