PDA

View Full Version : REX Essential Manual released

papab
May 21st, 2012, 10:11
REX Game Studios released their product manual today for the much anticipated REX Essential for FSX and Prepar3D.

"This is a glimpse into the new REX Essential features before the product is released," said Tim Fuchs, REX Game Studios senior partner. "Over the past year our team has worked diligently, and as a result of our customers' feedback, we've added over 50 enhancements to our software solution for FSX and Prepar3D. We are really excited about it!"
Enhancements include performance improvements, intuitive navigation, a new customizable, industrial-strength weather engine, FlightAware integration, a powerful new flight planner, "cloud" sharing and backup services and much, much more.

"We are thankful to all our customers for their invaluable input as we continuously improve and make REX Essential your one-stop FSX and Prepar3D solution" said Reed Stough, REX Game Studios senior developer. "And the best part - it's free to all current REX for FSX customers!"

REX Essential is a powerful, hi-definition environmental and weather package created from state-of-the-art photography and scientific processes, enhancing the realism of the weather platform within FSX and Prepar3D

Get the manual here:
http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/

Rick

Roadburner440
May 21st, 2012, 13:17
I'm going to have to be the class idiot on this one and raise my hand.. I have been looking through the forums, and cannot find where to download the manual. Do like the screenshots though.

AndyE1976
May 21st, 2012, 13:29
I couldn't even see the screenshots, so you're doing better than me!

Nice that this will be free for existing users.

Roadburner440
May 21st, 2012, 13:33
I couldn't even see the screenshots, so you're doing better than me!

Nice that this will be free for existing users.

Here are the ones that I found: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14804-rex-essential-new-weather-engine-denver-soup/

It won't be free to me. I don't have any weather program. For the last couple weeks my FSX weather has been screwy, and completely wrong though. Not sure what has happened to it, but have been looking at AS2012 or REX Essentials. All I really want is a more accurate weather engine. I already have FEX, so really not to much into the textures. The flight planner in REX Essentials does sound appealing to me though.

papab
May 21st, 2012, 14:29
Guys,
When you click on the link I posted look on the right hand side of the page:

It says "Get acquianted today" in green and the download link is below that

Rick

papab
May 21st, 2012, 14:30
Roadburner,
REX E will be the way to go...

Rick

Roadburner440
May 21st, 2012, 15:17
Thanks for the help Rick! Feel like a dolt now. :icon_lol: I am so conditioned to ignore any pictures and stuff on the side of websites for fear they are ads that I don't even bother to look anymore to see if it is actually valuable info. Downloading now.