PDA

View Full Version : OT: 1941

Paul Anderson
May 20th, 2012, 21:27
<STYLE>.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}</STYLE>If you have never seen it, indulge yourself for 2 hours of funny.

http://www.crackle.com/c/1941 (http://www.crackle.com/c/1941)

Geomitrak
May 20th, 2012, 22:28
Two hours of funny ? Watched it once, and once was more than enough.

BrittMac
May 20th, 2012, 22:56
Nice link. I agree, two hours of funny for sure!

Dain Arns
May 22nd, 2012, 15:27
I've always loved that Spielberg mocks himself right at the beginning of the film with a little 'Jaws' parody, by using actress Denise Cheshire who was the 'Swimming Girl' in both the opening scene of 'Jaws' and reprising her role in '1941'.
'1941' is a wonderful, loud, noisy, over the top film with so much crammed in it, it takes multiple viewings to enjoy it all.

Some people hate '1941', but its always been a favorite of mine. :icon_lol:

Gdavis101
May 22nd, 2012, 22:10
Love it! Belushi was awesome in it.

norab
May 23rd, 2012, 03:40
one of my favorites also

dvj
May 23rd, 2012, 07:05
I have to disagree. One of the worst films ever made. NOT FUNNY.

TARPSBird
May 23rd, 2012, 09:57
Have to say I got a kick out of the scene where the Japanese sub surfaces underneath the naked girl and she's clinging to the periscope, and the sailors all shout "Horrywood!" Might not have gotten my money's worth in the theater, but it's still a good flick for a sit-down at home with beer and snacks.

Dain Arns
May 23rd, 2012, 10:37
My favorite scene is another parody one, where Slim Pickens has been captured by the Japanese, and they are doing an inventory of what's in his pockets, similar to the Survival Kit inventory scene aboard the B-52 in another movie that people hate, "Dr. Strangelove". :icon_lol:

redfly
May 23rd, 2012, 10:46
I always thought it was funny when Toshiro Mifune would talk to Christopher Lee in Japanese, and Christopher Lee would respond in German and
they understood each other perfectly.

pilottj
May 23rd, 2012, 11:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdUCu-A7tgg
Great movie:icon_lol: One of many of Belushi's great comedy roles. Animal House, Blues Brothers, 1941, etc... and of course his SNL skits.

TeiscoDelRay
May 23rd, 2012, 11:54
Yes one of my favorites also. The scene with Belushi landing and taxing up the a gas pump for fuel was great. Frank Tallman did the flying and he slipped that P-40 down over the wires and landed on that highway perfectly.

TeaSea
May 25th, 2012, 04:16
Sorry, I know it's subjective, but the teaser was better than the movie.

"1941" was one of those "boy, it could have been so good, but wasn't" movies from my perspective.

Subjective of course.....

cheezyflier
May 25th, 2012, 04:45
I always thought it was funny when Toshiro Mifune would talk to Christopher Lee in Japanese, and Christopher Lee would respond in German and
they understood each other perfectly.

that's one of the parts i like best too. that and the part where tim matheson is trying to score with nancy allen in the bomber.

i'm really surprised that people don't like it! i think it's one of the funniest films ever made.

NSS
May 25th, 2012, 06:49
Gets my vote aswell.

But the good lady of the house, well thats a different story!!

Spielberg at his urine extracting best.

:applause:

TeiscoDelRay
May 25th, 2012, 07:19
Sorry, I know it's subjective, but the teaser was better than the movie.

"1941" was one of those "boy, it could have been so good, but wasn't" movies from my perspective.

Subjective of course.....

I think you have to look at this movie as a series of very well done and funny scenes. I seem to remember and like sections of it rather than the movie as a whole.

TeaSea
May 27th, 2012, 05:31
I would agree with that....short skits tied together by an underlying premise.