PDA

View Full Version : Info RS: Deletion of Uisel required for W7 in non C-Drive install

Cuttles
May 20th, 2012, 01:55
Have found with RS installed on a partition ( to save space on 'C Drive' and to try to improve disc performance) in W7; have to manually delete the Uisel file in (Name)/User/Roaming/Application Data to get RS to run each Theatre.

Symtoms were: after selecting Spawn and Era, the movie would run but RS would 'hang' at the splash screen after the movie.

Then, the fix was to manually delete the above uisel to get the RS Era to run. That had to be for every era change. (fiddly).

Found that reinstall of RS into 'C Drive'/default in W7, cured the problem. Viz: starts the Era every time now, without uisel deletion.

My suggestion is, that RS needs to be installed in 'C Drive' only for it to work properly in W7, at this time.

For information to everyone; (no grizzles and thanks to RS/Hotfix Team for absolutely Super Sim.).

rbp71854
May 30th, 2012, 03:53
Have found with RS installed on a partition ( to save space on 'C Drive' and to try to improve disc performance) in W7; have to manually delete the Uisel file in (Name)/User/Roaming/Application Data to get RS to run each Theatre.
Symtoms were: after selecting Spawn and Era, the movie would run but RS would 'hang' at the splash screen after the movie.
Then, the fix was to manually delete the above uisel to get the RS Era to run. That had to be for every era change. (fiddly).
Found that reinstall of RS into 'C Drive'/default in W7, cured the problem. Viz: starts the Era every time now, without uisel deletion.
My suggestion is, that RS needs to be installed in 'C Drive' only for it to work properly in W7, at this time.
For information to everyone; (no grizzles and thanks to RS/Hotfix Team for absolutely Super Sim.).

Sorry that it has been a bit since you originally posted, been busy with RS development work. Finally had a break where I could install RS on a F: drive. Win7 x64 Ultimate OS.

Made the following changes to the RS theater selector batch file for each of the 7 theater sections.

C:
CD "C:\Users\RBP\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun________"

Made the following changes to the 7 uisel batch files located in the AppData folder

:SUCCESS
F:
CD "F:\Microsoft Games\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun"

Sim starts and changes theaters without any problems nor need to delete uisel before starting each time.

cheers

Bob

hairyspin
May 30th, 2012, 11:07
Thanks Bob,that reminded me this tip was put in the RS Installation Guide (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=13&id=5263).

rbp71854
May 30th, 2012, 11:41
Thanks Bob,that reminded me this tip was put in the RS Installation Guide (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=13&id=5263).

Yes it is there, but I had to do a win7 install for future development/testing purposes anyway. Besides, Dad was from Missouri and his "show me" point of view has rubbed on to me a bit. :)

Cuttles
June 2nd, 2012, 07:36
Thanks very much Bob, no worries.
Will let that sink in a bit, and see if I can reactivate my RS coy in R Drive. Thanks again for going to all the trouble of emulating my probs. with exact 'Ultimate W7', copy, etc.

Ian