PDA

View Full Version : Late to the party again, lol

falcon409
May 16th, 2012, 14:54
Amazing how I seem to get all excited about an FS9 portover around the time an all new native FSX version is about to be released. It happened with the OV-10 and now the Ercoupe, lol. Oh well. . . . .these are all Hi-res (4096x4096) using a new paint kit and saved as "dds" (DXT5). This is Ito's version by the way. I also redid the interiors as well to include new VC panels.

Reddog
May 16th, 2012, 15:24
Very nice, are u going to release them? I doubt if I can run those textures, I have trouble with 2048x2048 ones.

falcon409
May 17th, 2012, 03:59
Very nice, are u going to release them? I doubt if I can run those textures, I have trouble with 2048x2048 ones.
I won't be posting them publicly for download. Ito has always held to the desire that his aircraft repaints remain as he originally released them which is 256 color. Sadly, especially for FSX, that's a very poor resolution and really doesn't show off his work in the best light. These liveries are super crisp and really look exceptional compared to the originals. I'll send them to you as long as they aren't made public on any download website.:salute:

Reddog
May 17th, 2012, 05:08
I won't be posting them publicly for download. Ito has always held to the desire that his aircraft repaints remain as he originally released them which is 256 color. Sadly, especially for FSX, that's a very poor resolution and really doesn't show off his work in the best light. These liveries are super crisp and really look exceptional compared to the originals. I'll send them to you as long as they aren't made public on any download website.:salute:

ok but I thought most of the textures for that was by John Humphries(Johnh_049) and not Ito's.

falcon409
May 17th, 2012, 11:30
ok but I thought most of the textures for that was by John Humphries(Johnh_049) and not Ito's.
I know there was another Ercoupe done, not sure by who, but this is Ito's airplane and two of the liveries are just Hi-Res versions of his repaints. The other (the Chrome Livery) may very well have been done for another Ercoupe, but I reproduced it on Ito's airplane.:salute: