PDA

View Full Version : Neat Burger King Marketing Tool.

djscoo
December 26th, 2008, 15:59
http://www.whoppervirgins.com/
I saw a commercial for this the other day, but I just now saw the whole thing. BK has a pretty good marketing team in my opinion.

polecat0942
December 26th, 2008, 16:51
Wow, that really is a great ad campaign. I saw the commercials too but until now never thought to go to the site. Thanks

AckAck
December 26th, 2008, 17:37
I did see one of the commercials that used the "I like seal meat better" quote, which seems a bit strange. Not because he liked seal meat better, but Burger King's® conclusion was that people liked the Whopper® better. Seems like an equally plausible conclusion is that the Whopper® tastes more like Seal Meat® than the Big Mac® does.

It's almost like a company from Morocco coming to the US and asking what the best couscous® is. "Well, the first one tastes more like Macaroni and Cheese®."

(I like the Whopper® better (more specifically the Whopper Jr.®), but I eat the Big Mac® more often, so draw your conclusions as you will.)

Brian®

grunau_baby
December 27th, 2008, 01:57
Very intersting indeed: I took a similar test recently:icon_lol: After being a rather strikt vegetarian for about 13 years I tested my first hamburgers and compared McDonalds to Burger King. Result for me: Burger King had fresher ingediens, meat smells and tasts like meet, fresh ketchup whereas McDonalds stuff doesn´t smell at all and tasts like a cardboard-box:banghead:

It was a rather pure experience for me too!

Alex

GT182
December 27th, 2008, 06:13
The spread of ceral burgers continues for world domination. Can we say cholesterol? :costumes:

To me McDonalds and Burger King both stink. At least Wendy's uses fresh hamburger that's real meat. And you can get it your way at Wendy's. :d

cheezyflier
December 27th, 2008, 06:22
i couldn't get past the first minute. what i saw of it puts an artificially imposed importance on fast food. maybe that's because it's relevance in today's society is diminishing as people beging to be more health concious. maybe their next market is 3rd world countries who may not know any better than to eat that garbage. judging the difference between burger king and mcdonald's is like judging the difference between a cat turd and a dog turd. either way, it's still a turd.

Snuffy
December 27th, 2008, 06:38
The Whopper Virgins are nothing ...

Check out "The King's" latest marketing ploy ... any you guys know a woman that gets off on the smell of charbroiled??

http://www.firemeetsdesire.com/

Keep clicking the thing until you get to the last panel.

grunau_baby
December 27th, 2008, 06:41
Well the name "fast food" tells it all! In recent years there has been a true counter movement called "slow food", going for freshly prepared meals, good fresh local ans seasonal ingredients and a relaxing dining atmosphere! That´s more my type of food for sure. I still get dizzy:isadizzy: when I see how many people always crowd those fast food places at any time a day! Even decent frensh fries with "curry wurst" (local speciality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currywurst) are ten times better than what you get at fast food chains!

Alex

Railrunner130
December 28th, 2008, 04:24
Check out "The King's" latest marketing ploy ... any you guys know a woman that gets off on the smell of charbroiled??

No, but I think you probably would have to defend yourself from a pack of dogs running down the street, trying to lick you to death or possibly eat you.