PDA

View Full Version : Are Nemeth the most inconisderate Dev?

Barnes
May 16th, 2012, 09:54
I have just bought the twin squirrell and no have to mess about like a fool just to try and install it. Why why why not do it like everyone else? This is the instruction. I now have to install rar which i dont need for anything else. Note to self - dont buy from Nemeth again.

Nemeth Designs Eurocopter AS355 for FSX installer<o:p></o:p>
This installer is packed with WinRAR. To extract the installer from the RARarchives you have to install WinRAR. You can get it from the following website:<o:p></o:p>
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm)<o:p></o:p>
How to extract the installer from the RAR archives:<o:p></o:p>
1. Download all thefive RAR files from you account at nemethdesigns.com.<o:p></o:p>
2. Download andinstall WinRAR from the link mentioned above.<o:p></o:p>
3. Put all five RARfiles into the same directory.<o:p></o:p>
4. Right click on thefirst RAR file (.part1) and from the dropdown menu select "Extracthere" option. This will extract the installer to the directory where theRAR files are located.<o:p></o:p>
As a result you should get an executable 440 MB installer file that you canrun to install the AS355.<o:p></o:p>
Note that you don't have to repeat this for all five RAR files, once youchose to extract .part1 WinRAR will perform the extraction on all five RARfiles and unpack the whole installer executable file.<o:p></o:p>
After a successful extraction the RAR files are not neccessary and you needto backup the executable (.exe) installer file only.<o:p></o:p>

kilo delta
May 16th, 2012, 10:01
Alternatively, you can use 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/)

Barnes
May 16th, 2012, 10:17
Thanks kilo delta - your tip helped speed things up.

The install worked out quite seemless in fairness but it still took twice as long as some of the more security proofed downloads i have installed.

hairyspin
May 16th, 2012, 11:30
Perhaps Nemeth don't want to pay for WinZip? WinZip opens .rar files too, btw.

Barnes
May 16th, 2012, 12:42
I have to now say that this addon is very good - excellent VC etc None of the screenshots do it justice on the nemeth website.

OleBoy
May 16th, 2012, 13:25
My recollection I think the AS350 was the same way for split files. The only reason I can think of them for doing this is for upload/download convenience for both them, and their consumers. T
hey may have been having issues whereas files were not downloading in useable states due to bad internet connections at one end or the other. The split files give a bit of flexibility.
Although it is bothersome.

I won't be purchasing this one. The 350/355 is physically the same on the exterior to me. And they likely fly with basically the same dynamics. Give or take.

Not to mention, the last time I mentioned in the Nemeth forums about the promised update, they simply deleted it. That didn't sit well with me.

Barnes
May 16th, 2012, 13:59
I can understand that Oldboy and was worried i would not enjoy - but there is something about this one that looks even better. I was going to pack up repainting for a while but i might get paintshop up and running.

jeansy
May 16th, 2012, 14:04
Not to mention, the last time I mentioned in the Nemeth forums about the promised update, they simply deleted it. That didn't sit well with me.

Agreed, and im in no rush to get it

ive seen your posts over there go unanswered like many, i dont even waste my time posting there as 98% of the time the developers never answer the questions correctly not to mention, they waffle on with un related garbage or follow up what people ask, its only a few of the beta testers that attempt to help out

im going to hold out and wait for the new milviz and cera models

sbp
May 17th, 2012, 08:45
I've had dang good result's using Internet Download Manager, (IDM)......sbp........:salute:

stiz
May 17th, 2012, 11:01
rar is better at compressing stuff, also you dont HAVE to pay for winrar, i've been useing it for years with no trouble, you just get a little message pop up asking if you want to buy .. just click close and carry on! It also opens zip files (and a load of other things) no problem :)

hairyspin
May 17th, 2012, 21:48
... you just get a little message pop up asking if you want to buy .. just click close and carry on!...

Not nowadays ... trial version runs for so long then it's pay or goodnight. Yours must be pretty old.