PDA

View Full Version : FSX Lancaster ?

guzler
October 3rd, 2008, 09:52
Is there anyone out there doing an FSX Lancaster of the AS B-24 quality with bump mapping and great textures ?

My favourite so far has been the A2A port over , and was't sold on the Just Flight one.

My FSX experience is missing such a beaut.

Roger
October 3rd, 2008, 09:59
Guzler,
I couldn't agree more. I was hoping the A2A would get the full FsX conversion but we could be waiting a while. Maybe Baz will make one?

stiz
October 3rd, 2008, 10:11
from what i can gather from browseing round, bazzar said that they'd FSX their lancaster, but how long that'll take no one knows, Chuck Jordie (?) has one in and flying, but i dont now how far along it is, and as for A2A getting the source files to do up might be a bit of a problem ... o well, theres other bombers than need doing :mixedsmi:

guzler
October 3rd, 2008, 10:32
Shucks,

I guess patience will have to be a virtue !

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 3rd, 2008, 11:37
I have been so busy i didnt know when i was going to release it , i have talked to Scott about this and sometime around Christmas will figure out what to do with it , this is a MKIII Dambuster and is paired with a scenery,
I would need to add dorsal turrets and other parts to have the series.

The problem is also sales potential has made me sit on this while the Sim matures and economy picks up a bit , there hasnt been any great progress on that front but almost a years work went into this.

bazzar
October 3rd, 2008, 23:34
I can certainly assure you that there is an FSX Lancaster on the way. We are rebuilding a lot of it to take in FSX features and expanded detail capability. So it is taking a time to get right. If you enjoy our FS9 Lanc (even as a portover) you're going to love this one.:engel016:

guzler
October 4th, 2008, 01:55
I can certainly assure you that there is an FSX Lancaster on the way. We are rebuilding a lot of it to take in FSX features and expanded detail capability. So it is taking a time to get right. If you enjoy our FS9 Lanc (even as a portover) you're going to love this one.:engel016:

sorry for my ignorance Bazzer, which one did you do for FS9 ?

guzler
October 4th, 2008, 01:56
I have been so busy i didnt know when i was going to release it , i have talked to Scott about this and sometime around Christmas will figure out what to do with it , this is a MKIII Dambuster and is paired with a scenery,
I would need to add dorsal turrets and other parts to have the series.

The problem is also sales potential has made me sit on this while the Sim matures and economy picks up a bit , there hasnt been any great progress on that front but almost a years work went into this.

I am sure this will be a sales success, kepp up the good work Chuck :ernae:

stiz
October 4th, 2008, 02:52
sorry for my ignorance Bazzer, which one did you do for FS9 ?

http://www.heavenlyhangars.com/READMORE/LANC_WEB/index.html

IanP
October 4th, 2008, 03:59
Unfortunately, I'm after AI Lancasters, Mosquitos, Beaufighters and the like now... Just to be annoying! :icon_lol:

Ian P.

guzler
October 4th, 2008, 04:16

Ah.

I used to have this in FS9, but lost it following a reinstall a while ago as I never had a back up. How does it work in FSX ?

stiz
October 4th, 2008, 04:17
havnt tried :kilroy:

GeorgeM
October 4th, 2008, 05:28
That looks good, I'm looking forward to the FSX version. Any chance of making the passenger derivative, the Lancastrian? I always thought it'd be fun to try to set up the conditions and attempt the "STENDEC" flight (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/vanished/stendec.html).

bazzar
October 7th, 2008, 17:41
The FSX verison will be the "Standard" MKI and maybe one derivitive such as the "Upkeep" Special with bouncing bomb.

With FSX we can now include a totally navigable interior and internal camera views as well, so there will be no need for separate models for the various stations. Bumping all those riveted panels is a nightmare but well worth it when you see it in the late afternoon light.

Please don't ask the obvious, it will be ready when it's done :d

N2056
October 7th, 2008, 17:44
Personally, having followed Chuck's version from day one I think it will be well worth the wait :d

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 8th, 2008, 04:55
Robert you are too kind , with the number of these on the drawing board there is a tendency for the law of diminishing returns to factor itself into the calculations for viability, as a rule of thumb i take the total number of FSX copies on the market , divide that number by 10 to eliminate the 90% of users who never buy any addons , the remainder is divided again by 10 to give a general ballpark figure for sales potential with a GA or Commercial aviation product and that figure by 1/3 for a military production, they in most cases sell a third of the numbers of a similarly priced GA release . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Naturally if there are two or more equally featured products vying for that portion of those consumers who simply must have " XXXX " there is another / .<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
This formula is derived from following the sales figures of an ever growing number of released payware aircraft , i am in the habit of asking my many contacts in the field the volume of sales at the one month point, and can follow more closely productions from companies i am working with regularly , the results of these calculations have proved an accurate means of predicting returns on investment and sales during the first 60 days.<o:p></o:p>
The results of the calculations are used to evaluate both new projects and those presented for update to FSX native, it’s really cold and has seen its fair share of outstanding models put on the back burner while the more viable are produced so we " 3pd's " can weather the combined economic trends and the tendency of simmers to find their niche and stick with it , rare is the "Airline Captain " in the market for the latest WWII fighter and the Fighter Jock is not going to be caught dead in an Airbus.<o:p></o:p>
When i look at the time spent on the Lancaster project i know the only way to blow that paradigm is to reinvent FS and turn it into CF4 by creating theatres of operation and combining them with Aircraft that have been " Enabled " as i like to call it with animated parts that can contact other objects at a given distance and for a pre determined length of time ,<o:p></o:p>
be they AI traffic or ground objects designed to blow. in multiplayer sim.dll plays a major role the detection as does c++ and XML in establishing readable variables from parts and gauges.<o:p></o:p>
Fortunately i have a server network at WCATC to play with and plenty of volunteers available for testing , an ever growing association of the very best people in their domain who are " getting it together " , the apps will have their use in simulating all sorts of adventures , not only historical scenarios can be played through but contemporary training exercises are fully realizable including Avatars and vehicles , it can be a very big world. <o:p></o:p>
So if this can be pulled off i will need the Lancaster , i have " enabled " it , <o:p></o:p>
as well i have done so with one project soon to be released , and there are two others , one completed with the option to add the parts now or<o:p></o:p>
at a later date and the other in the late stages of being "meshed out" that is slated to have this done bringing the total to 4 planes that will be ready, once all the t's are crossed and I's dotted the parts and dll need to be made available for inclusion in new productions much the same way FSUIPC is done in order to get this idea to really Fly with the first stop in the south pacific .... Coming to a theatre of operation near you ..

The pic is of the lancaster in the Ruhr Vally , and from the initial tests last Christmas