PDA

View Full Version : Nemeth Designs AS 355 Ecureuil II available ......

Fireball6
May 15th, 2012, 05:30
just for your information gentleman, the Twin-Ecureuil is released. Check HERE! (http://www.nemethdesigns.com/downloads.html)

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Barnes
May 15th, 2012, 10:30
Yes just had an email but their site is being updated

Barnes
May 16th, 2012, 13:16
I have got it - its far better than the single model - a very well done VC and external model

SeanTK
May 19th, 2012, 10:42
It looks like constructive support on behalf of Nemeth Designs is all but non-existent, with a high degree of unlikelihood of future patches (based on seeing the lack of constructive, or really any, feedback on their forum).
That being said, before I jump at this one, how is it?
The good, the bad...etc.

I know that the AS350 apparently has a number of outstanding issues that have yet to be resolved, so I'm looking towards the 355 instead.

OleBoy
May 20th, 2012, 10:46
I'm not a customer of the 355. And to be frank about the "support" at the Nemeth forums, the beta testers were happy to resolve any issues I had that they were able. I am appreciative in that aspect.
The thing that gets me is that the modeler (s) themselves, Peter, Tamas (are they real entities?) have never acknowledged anywhere in their forums to my knowledge. If they have, I have never seen any response from them.
I find it odd that a middle-man, and/or beta testers always are the ones to respond to keep the forum support moving along.
Speaking for myself, I would much rather speak directly with the people who "are" the reason for them being in the industry.

Do they speak English? Hell, who knows. They apparently are human, why do they not acknowledge their customers credible occurrences?
They push out product like a brood of rabbits. I read issues concerning what's mentioned all over the web. <shrug>

Barnes
May 20th, 2012, 12:43
I think the twin squirril is nemeths best yet.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Untitled-1copy-14.jpg

DX-FMJ
June 10th, 2012, 07:49
Did anyone notice how off the model is? :mixedsmi:

Also from reading around the internet, people that brought this up in their forums were banned or something, not sure if that's true hmm.

falcon409
June 10th, 2012, 08:00

I'm not a Heli-afficianado, but other than a bit of difference in the skids, I don't see anything major. Two different angles, some things may seem different but aren't. Looks fine to me.

OleBoy
June 10th, 2012, 08:10

Also from reading around the internet, people that brought this up in their forums were banned or something, not sure if that's true hmm.

Getting the bees stirred up is all you'll gain by those comments. They're aware of what is, and what isn't, and it's already known that it won't be corrected.
The AS350 had the same issues and complaints mentioned after release. Then there's this AS355. Which is basically a labotimized AS350. Which is why I decided not to purchase it. :wavey:

DX-FMJ
June 10th, 2012, 08:11
You need to look a little harder Ed, its pretty obvious.

falcon409
June 10th, 2012, 08:18
You need to look a little harder Ed, its pretty obvious.
I appreciate your passion there DX, but I have maybe 3 or 4 Heli's I fly all the time. All of them are freeware. I wouldn't pay $35.00 for any helicopter and I don't see anything obvious. Time to move on.:salute:

DX-FMJ
June 10th, 2012, 08:26
Circled one major difference, and no its not the angle of the pictures, it really is that off.

OleBoy
June 10th, 2012, 08:34
Not meaning to come across as attacking, but the angles of the photos are way off if model-to-real-world comparison are to be made.
I'm with Ed. Time to move on. I'm pretty sure Nemeth does offer a refund if you're unhappy.

Barnes
June 10th, 2012, 09:10
I think of mine as a "stretched" version LOL

jeansy
June 10th, 2012, 15:28
Circled one major difference, and no its not the angle of the pictures, it really is that off.

You are right, theres a few other things that arent right , the top engine cowling on a as355 is further forward compared to the as350

a lot of these body shape issues where highlight during posting of the beta screen shots, and it looks like they did nothing about, it just looks they modified the exhaust cowling on the 350

thats why im in no rush for a product that was talked up to be the pinnacle of their work, and where they couldnt even get the shape and gauges not to mention 1 engine to work