PDA

View Full Version : Any idea on these errors ?

Crusader
May 14th, 2012, 16:16
I know the terrain error is evident and I have a backup cfg I am going to try but not sure what the second one is . Just started getting these today . Going to post these on Prepar3D forum also .

Rich

kjb
May 14th, 2012, 18:50
Are you running P3D as an administrator?

Lionheart
May 14th, 2012, 19:17
Yep, you 'must' be in Administrator slot in Windows 7 to run it.

I have had some crashes when accessing the map. I would be in a flight, access the map to check waypoints, and it hesitates... holds the black... then a crash. It has happened about 4 or 5 times since Ive had the sim. Someone wrote on it, the famed 'menu crash'. I can only imagine they are working on fixing that.

Another thing that started happening with me is crashing from system memory being out... A crash windows pops up; 'You have no more available system memory. This program is now shutting down. Please lower your settings on this program'. Before I migrated over the ORBX scenery with the migration tool, this had never happened, both on FSX or P3D. Totally new. So that must be scenery related. I do have 'everything flow' off, though, so it must be the ground textures.

Bill

roger-wilco-66
May 14th, 2012, 22:33
Ditto at the "run as Administrator" . I'd also never install FSX / P3D inside the UAC controlled default folder structure (e.g. under programs or programs(x86) ).
I have the applications sitting on an own hard disk.

@Lionheart:

if you add the following lines under the [scenery] entry in the p3d.cfg, you'll see if anything's missing (texture or GUID references) in a scenery or on an aircraft:

// Alert for missing textures
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1// Alert for missing objects
MissingLibraryAlert=1// Render Trigger areas as visible boxes
ShowTriggers=1

0 triggers off, 1 triggers on. That's a most useful function for quality control and error checking, IMO.

Cheers,
Mark

Crusader
May 15th, 2012, 04:58
I have Prepar3D in a separate drive(as I did with FSX) , away from Program Files(Win7) . I received this link from Prepar3D forum support :

http://prepar3d.wordpress.com/2012/05/11/setting-permissions/

This is for all that didn't take the time , like me , to read all the helpful trouble shooting sections in their forum . Excellent support at Prepar3D .:applause:

I did replace the terrain.cfg from a backup after changing the permissions\Users in Win7 and all is well so far . Once the Full ORBX Migration Tool comes out , it may be bye , bye to FSX .(I'll also acquire a huge chunk of hard drive space from dropping FSX)

Thanks again for help gentlemen !

Rich

Lionheart
May 15th, 2012, 07:27
I did replace the terrain.cfg from a backup after changing the permissions\Users in Win7 and all is well so far . Once the Full ORBX Migration Tool comes out , it may be bye , bye to FSX .

Rich

I used this Migration tool last week. Works great. Its out to the public.

Their next step is 'direct installing' of ORBX/FTX into P3D.

Lionheart
May 15th, 2012, 07:28
Ditto at the "run as Administrator" . I'd also never install FSX / P3D inside the UAC controlled default folder structure (e.g. under programs or programs(x86) ).
I have the applications sitting on an own hard disk.

@Lionheart:

if you add the following lines under the [scenery] entry in the p3d.cfg, you'll see if anything's missing (texture or GUID references) in a scenery or on an aircraft:

// Alert for missing textures
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1// Alert for missing objects
MissingLibraryAlert=1// Render Trigger areas as visible boxes
ShowTriggers=1

0 triggers off, 1 triggers on. That's a most useful function for quality control and error checking, IMO.

Cheers,
Mark

Many thanks Mark! I'll check that out.

Bill