PDA

View Full Version : Concept aircraft (inspirational) a little levity in these times.

michael davies
May 14th, 2012, 14:05
Browsing the web for of all things UP locomotives (1:32 modelling) I stumbled across the fertile mind of a 3D modeller called Cutangus, of his aeronautical items I found these especially appealing and given recent trends in rivet counting perfect subject matter to dispel those critics LOL.

Enjoy

stiz
May 14th, 2012, 14:39
dread to think how hard it'd be to to land the first 2 on a carrier! :icon_lol:

michael davies
May 14th, 2012, 14:47
dread to think how hard it'd be to to land the first 2 on a carrier! :icon_lol:

The second one is a tilt rotor, there's a couple of angled harrier like exhausts just under the rear stub wings :).

Lionheart
May 14th, 2012, 15:11
Alternate reality concepts... . Love it.

Where did you find these?

michael davies
May 14th, 2012, 15:32
Alternate reality concepts... . Love it.

Where did you find these?

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/cutangus/page1/ it's becoming one of the biggest sites for imagery these days, I often wonder what I did way back then for research material!, only works mind if people tag their work, a lot don't so you end up with the deep net trawl situation, but when you hit pay dirt you get some smashing detailed large images. Picked up over 500+ UP loco images at the weekend :).

Enjoy

skyhawka4m
May 14th, 2012, 15:34
I have always found LUFT 46' stuff to be very cool and had always hoped for someone to tackle a few of them for FSX. these actually look cool also.

Sundog
May 14th, 2012, 17:30
I like the second one the most. Thanks for showing us these kit bash pics. They're awesome!

Lionheart
May 14th, 2012, 19:27
Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/cutangus/page1/ it's becoming one of the biggest sites for imagery these days, I often wonder what I did way back then for research material!, only works mind if people tag their work, a lot don't so you end up with the deep net trawl situation, but when you hit pay dirt you get some smashing detailed large images. Picked up over 500+ UP loco images at the weekend :).

Enjoy

Nice!

Finding great images has become difficult these days. The web is clogged up. You find things that are linked into the system via biz purposes, not 'best' choices...

Off to check this out! Thanks man!

michael davies
May 15th, 2012, 08:44
Nice!

Finding great images has become difficult these days. The web is clogged up. You find things that are linked into the system via biz purposes, not 'best' choices...

Off to check this out! Thanks man!

Your more than welcome :) and I figured it'd appeal to you more than most :salute: <wink>, your right about the web, but sometimes you just have to get your walking boots and and do a good old trawl the hard way, links that lead to links etc etc and often Google is not your friend when doing specific searches :(.

The guy also does some neat Luft 46 style stuff but I only posted up the US stuff and he does some neat armour, just love the spider style tank!.

I have to confess this style of aircraft tends to appeal more to me these days than 'real' stuff, not sure why, probably because what ever you do, it cannot be wrong LOL, Cutangus seems to be able to blend Luft 46 with Crimson skies technology very well, I've not had chance to follow his site links yet, no doubt they will lead to other 3D concept artists :).

Kindest Michael</wink>

Lionheart
May 16th, 2012, 09:30
I had a chance to go through all of his work. My goodness.... How on Earth can he do that much stuff???????

Bill