PDA

View Full Version : Chi Chi Jima 1945 Water on the Hill

FSX68
May 13th, 2012, 08:39
Can anyone explain how I can eliminate the water going up the hill? See Photo: (Or is that a waterfall?)

roger-wilco-66
May 13th, 2012, 09:25
Hi,

can you make a top-down screen capture of the area?
I suspect you don't have all the files in your scenery folder.

Best,
Mark

FSX68
May 13th, 2012, 11:42
Hi,

can you make a top-down screen capture of the area?
I suspect you don't have all the files in your scenery folder.

Best,
Mark

Ok Here ya go, hope it helps.

Roger
May 13th, 2012, 12:37
The mesh in your screenshots looks very low res...almost like Cfs. I'd guess that's a major part of your problem Rich.

FSX68
May 13th, 2012, 13:57
The mesh in your screenshots looks very low res...almost like Cfs. I'd guess that's a major part of your problem Rich.

Roger,

You are correct. I changed my settings to 1680 x 1050 x 32 and you can see the difference. No water going up the hill. Thanks.

roger-wilco-66
May 13th, 2012, 14:29
I also see no shorelines. Be sure to read the documentationn regarding that.

FSX68
May 14th, 2012, 16:58
I also see no shorelines. Be sure to read the documentationn regarding that.

The mod was made when I initially installed chi chi to my terrain.cfg file.

I see some shore lines. Was there other shorelines to see that you didn't?

Edit: I did move some scenery sliders to the right (max smoke on some). But that big rock that I posted a picture of with the water was going uphill
doesn't have any sandy shorelines like the others that have planes parked on the sandy shore.

roger-wilco-66
May 14th, 2012, 22:08
The mod was made when I initially installed chi chi to my terrain.cfg file.

I see some shore lines. Was there other shorelines to see that you didn't?

Edit: I did move some scenery sliders to the right (max smoke on some). But that big rock that I posted a picture of with the water was going uphill
doesn't have any sandy shorelines like the others that have planes parked on the sandy shore.

You should have three entries for three types of shorelines in the terrain.cfg (sand beach, rocky sand beach, and rock shore). The head on the coastline west of Susaki airfeld should have a rock shoreline, like in the image attached. When you insert or check the three new entries, be sure to set the incrementing numbers in the entries _as well_ as the sum of the entries in the beginning of the terrain.cfg (DefaultTextureCount). A mistake here and you won't see them. A common mistake is setting the count to the number of last texture entry - you have to add 1 to it. E.g. last entry is 389, then set the counter to 390. This is because the texture counter starts with zero.

HTH,
Mark

FSX68
May 15th, 2012, 06:41
You should have three entries for three types of shorelines in the terrain.cfg (sand beach, rocky sand beach, and rock shore). The head on the coastline west of Susaki airfeld should have a rock shoreline, like in the image attached. When you insert or check the three new entries, be sure to set the incrementing numbers in the entries _as well_ as the sum of the entries in the beginning of the terrain.cfg (DefaultTextureCount). A mistake here and you won't see them. A common mistake is setting the count to the number of last texture entry - you have to add 1 to it. E.g. last entry is 389, then set the counter to 390. This is because the texture counter starts with zero.

HTH,
Mark

I have same views of shoreline on my rig as you have on yours. I made all the entries as per your above ^
and everything is just ducky. For added results, I turned the textures sliders to max right in FSX settings
and the images are more detailed as well.

roger-wilco-66
May 15th, 2012, 07:27
Great :applause:

Have fun!

Mark