PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain...tweaks and problems

Robert John
May 11th, 2012, 07:46
HELP

[Mission file error]
error=Unit 9264 needs to be a member of a formation
title=Battle of Britain - Thar she blows!
filename=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Battle For Europe\MISSIONS\Battle of Britain 14

Cannot take off and compleat the mission

RJ

Robert John
May 13th, 2012, 04:17
Hi
Here is the Ventnor radar station on the Isle of Wight.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/v/ventnor/index.shtml

As you can see from the screenshots I have moved the Radar station to the top of the hill.
My only concern is adjusting the missions that Rami made to still work.
I have also increased the height of the Radar towers by a factor of two.
I will supply the the scasm code in the next release of the CFS2 magazine and the magazine will be dealing with gsl files.

BEFORE

AFTER

let me know what you think.
RJ

kdriver
May 13th, 2012, 04:52
Good work Robert John, but I hate to tell your work has already been done by William Renwick in his Chainhome package. His radar towers are more realistic and they are better placed, although they are still not quite at the top of the hill.

In my screenshot you can see both Gary Burns and William Renwick's depictions of Ventnor.

Robert John
May 13th, 2012, 05:35
kdriver ,

I will take a look at William Renwick's depictions of Ventnor. Can you give me a link to them. What I am trying to do is make a tutorial on adjusting Gary Burns Ventnor radar station so its compatable with the new mesh and adjust the objects in Ramis missions and supply source codes. Its a learning curve for myself.
RJ

kdriver
May 13th, 2012, 05:53
It's in the Scenery section of the new library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=45&sort=d&page=8&pp=25. Radar stations are provided right around the British coast.

Unfortunately the objects are not GSL and destructible - a new project perhaps :iidea:?

A few of us converted Cees Donker's RAF buildings to GSL objects, but I haven't been able to work out how to modify the sca file to make those objects destructible.

KD

Robert John
May 13th, 2012, 06:56
kdriver,
If its ok with Cees Donker's I could take a look and make them destructible

Here is a tutorial to make destructible objects in gmax.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=49)

RJ

kdriver
May 13th, 2012, 07:15
Robert John,

I read your tutorial with the Cees Donker project in mind but was not able to quite grasp it. I'm sure if I was shown how to do one object, I could do the rest - there are 90 objects. I posted this on the forum about a year ago. Simonu tried to help but it was not a success.

This project has been going for a couple of years, so there is certainly no hurry or pressure to complete it. It has been a collective project started by Sander de Cocq. Cees Donker is quite happy to have his work improved on for the benefit of CFS 2 users. Any contribution by you will be much appreciated. If you want to PM me your email address, I can send you the whole package.

Thanks,
Kevin

Rami
May 16th, 2012, 16:17
Robert John,

I'll have a look-see at this mission tomorrow afternoon. :wavey:

Sorry for the late reply...

Rami
May 16th, 2012, 16:19
Robert John,

I can make the mission adjustments if need be, no problem. :salute:

Rami
May 17th, 2012, 05:09
Robert John,

I could not find the error so far in this mission, but I will keep looking. Thank you for continuing to provide me feedback. :salute:

Robert John
May 24th, 2012, 13:20
Please help,
Looking for HMS Mylapore, U-42, U-223, no link in Battle of Britain installation guide.
RJ

Rami
May 24th, 2012, 17:55
Robert John,

Those are the NAMES of the ships. The actual ships are the GC_Jervis, as well as the GC_441 and GC_617, both of which ARE included in the installation guide.

kdriver
May 24th, 2012, 22:24
Hi Robert John,

Just getting back to Chain Home radar towers, I forgot to mention Pen32Win has a GSL one along with some other very good buildings in his TAF - Gary20 BGL Update Pak.

Robert John
May 25th, 2012, 01:13
Hi Rami,
I did no install DLW_JU_87B STUKA, now I have, I get an extra 50 meters up the runway.Planes in front of my aircraft donot crash any more, they disapear.
New error message.

[Mission file error]
error=Unit 9263 needs to be a member of a formation (was Unit 9264)
filename=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Battle For Europe\MISSIONS\Battle of Britain 14
I must have something else missing.
RJ

Robert John
May 26th, 2012, 13:23
Hi Rami,
Please can you give me some idea what I may have done wrong.
[Mission file error]
error=Unit 9263 needs to be a member of a formation
I must have something else missing

Like to understand error txt.

loaded it up in mission builder, do not show faults.
I think I have all planes and objects.

Many thanks.
RJ

Rami
May 28th, 2012, 13:43
RJ,

I'm taking another look at this mission right now, I'll report back in a few minutes.

Rami
May 29th, 2012, 14:52
RJ,

That mission was a train wreck, so I ripped it up and re-wrote it from scratch. I have two version for you. Mission 14 is a standard mission where you are the lead plane. Mission 14a is configured as a fighter-bomber mission, which places you at the rear of the formation. The AI will not respond to your commands, but they will attack the target automatically.

Robert John
May 29th, 2012, 23:51
Hi Rami,
Thanks. I have one poly exploding objects for night bombing missions, the colour in the screenshots is not what I expected but after experimenting with the material code I think I have it. I could change the colours now so I think I can make path finding markers, what do you think, Have you done any night bombing missions. Would this be a good object to use in missions and could you do a night bombing mission if I send you the objects once I have finished making them.
RJ

Rami
May 30th, 2012, 05:19
Robert John,

I'll tell you what. Do you remember that revised Battle for Europe package I posted for you? Mission 21 or 22 on the Allied side (Mosquitoes over Hamburg, or something like that) has you dropping flares to illuminate the target for British bombers. Why don't you use that mission as a test bed for this idea, and experiment to your heart's content. You have my full permission to do so. I can also send you a Mosquito mission for DamBusters where you fly as a pathfinder at low level.

Robert John
May 30th, 2012, 12:09
Hi Rami,
I would like the Mosquito mission for DamBusters where you fly as a pathfinder at low level.
Many thanks.
RJ